U20 World Cup - Gowser watch

Footballfirst

Good article from Gowser on the official site

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1808583,00.html

With group games against Czech Rep, Costa Rica and Brazil I suspect the Aussies will need a bit of luck to do much in the tournament, but I hope for Ryan's viewpoint that he plays well and shows the standard that he is capable of playing at.

I watched a bit of the opening game last night on a web stream. The hosts looked pretty good in a 4-1 win v Trinidad.

There is an interesting match up later this evening - Spain v Tahiti. A small wager on the Spanish may be in order.

portobellojambo1
Good article from Gowser on the official site

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1808583,00.html

With group games against Czech Rep, Costa Rica and Brazil I suspect the Aussies will need a bit of luck to do much in the tournament, but I hope for Ryan's viewpoint that he plays well and shows the standard that he is capable of playing at.

I watched a bit of the opening game last night on a web stream. The hosts looked pretty good in a 4-1 win v Trinidad.

There is an interesting match up later this evening - Spain v Tahiti. A small wager on the Spanish may be in order.

Watched all the games so far on British Eurosport. I am quite interested in this evening's game only because Tahiti in football terms is a definite unknown.

Watched all the games so far on British Eurosport. I am quite interested in this evening's game only because Tahiti in football terms is a definite unknown.

1-0 Spain after 11 mins

3-0 after 17 mins

How the f--- did Tahiti qualify?

Won the Oceania section apparently. The Aussies qualified via the SE Asia group.

Brazil looking a quality side in their game against Costa Rica - currently 4-0 up with 5 mins to go.

Aussies coming up at 5:45.

FF i take it the Dylan isn't involved with the U 20's yet? had it in my head that both of them were involved

he was in the original group of 30 with Rocky Visconte but were cut from the final squad

he was in the original group of 30 with Rocky Visconte but were cut from the final squad

cheers bruv, would've been quicker phoning you

My picture is not that great. Getting him mixed up with that guy wi Polish sounding name.

McGowanski ??? Perhaps your sound ain't too good either. :stuart:

some posters would claim they don't care about this tournament according to some posts onm another thread.

I've been watching it. I'd forgot there is a few jambos turning out until now actually.

McGowanski ??? Perhaps your sound ain't too good either. :stuart:

No. I've just had another look. It was Holland. The number 6. It looks like a 4 on my feed. I thought he was playing really well.

portobellojambo1
some posters would claim they don't care about this tournament according to some posts onm another thread.

I've been watching it. I'd forgot there is a few jambos turning out until now actually.

I'm assuming transmission of the Czech Republic versus Australia match has been delayed for some reason, unless Eurosport gave the wrong start time originally.

it says 6.35 on my eurosport.

Sorry, I'm watching on Eurosport HD.

Strangely it doesn't seem to be on the SD channel yet.

jamboinglasgow
Sorry, I'm watching on Eurosport HD.

Strangely it doesn't seem to be on the SD channel yet.

if this is how Eurosport treats sports programs then I am glad I dont watch it. They are showing some pointless thing showing skiing crashes rather than the U20 world cup.

How did he play up until the sending off?
Wasn't overly involved. Didn't really get many touches, which may reflect that he marked his man pretty closely, so the ball didn't get played in his direction too often. Unlucky with the red card though.

portobellojambo1
McGowan sent off.

Never a sending off.

I'd go further than that and say I didn't even think that was a penalty.

Sure his parents will be a bit p*ssed off if Australia don't qualify. They both travelled over from Australia to watch him, and what he was given was a straight red card, which I would imagine will mean he'll miss the two remaining group matches.

Currently 0-0 with australia and brazil. Mcgowan starting in defense tonight if anyone wanted to know

Currently 0-0 with australia and brazil. Mcgowan starting in defense tonight if anyone wanted to know

Is it on TV?

Archived