Shape of team. 4-2-3-1.

Victorian

i like the look of it and i think it can be the way ahead during out current impoverished state up front.

*keeper

thomson *CH *CH wallace

stewart palazuelos

suso glen driver

obua/smith/nade/weetbix

it seems to give us good protection in front of the back 4 and is flexible enough for players to slot in to cover anyone out of position. you still get the width from suso and driver.

i don't see why this couldn't be adopted. maybe even look to adopt a christmas tree 4-3-2-1 something along these line:

*keeper

thomson *CH *CH wallace

stewart black palazuelos

suso driver

*striker

thoughts?

Tiberius Stinkfinger
i like the look of it and i think it can be the way ahead during out current impoverished state up front.

*keeper

thomson *CH *CH wallace

stewart palazuelos

suso glen driver

obua/smith/nade/weetbix

it seems to give us good protection in front of the back 4 and is flexible enough for players to slot in to cover anyone out of position. you still get the width from suso and driver.

i don't see why this couldn't be adopted. maybe even look to adopt a christmas tree 4-3-2-1 something along these line:

*keeper

thomson *CH *CH wallace

stewart black palazuelos

suso driver

*striker

thoughts?

Far too much is made of formations.

We defend as a team and attack very meakly as a team IMO.

It also matters not what formation you play if the entire team fills its boots with 5 minutes to go every game.

Far too much is made of formations.

We defend as a team and attack very meakly as a team IMO.

It also matters not what formation you play if the entire team fills its boots with 5 minutes to go every game.

maybe not lioness, maybe not indeed. it was good to see thomson and suso linking up well in the second half last night. wallace also likes to get down the side and it gives us so many threats when it's all working well. so much better than all the side-to-side dross we saw in the first half. it's all very well as long as it's just probing to wait for the right moment to play a telling pass but our passing and touch was so dire that we end up going backwards or lose the ball when a 12 year old could have retained it.

The formation under Laszlo is almost always the same.

1 striker furthest forward, 2 wingers, 1 striker deeper and a couple of midfielders in front of the back 4.

*keeper

thomson *CH *CH wallace

stewart palazuelos

suso glen driver

obua/smith/nade/weetbix

*keeper

thomson *CH *CH wallace

stewart black palazuelos

suso driver

*striker

thoughts?

4-2-3-1 formation looks good?

You mean the one Rafa and Liverpool have been using, and been getting ripped apart for using, for over 3 seasons now?

Archived