When did you realise you were getting old.

Tams bird

Mine was at 8pm when i was trailing round Sainsburys... Its Saturday night :57:

Couldnt get the salsa open, tortillas and houmous aint the same...

Having morgans and coke ready mixed in a can, not too bad .so its all not bad .

chester copperpot
When I started to not enjoy clubbing!

I prefer pubs now.

I got pulled up from the missus the night for staying down for longer than 3 hours. I stayed down the local pub for 7 hours today. Got some drugs, got some laughs, got some drinks.

Basically, my local pub is the best pub ever located. The drugs was a joke, but this pub is the best pub ive ever been in ever.

I got pulled up from the missus the night for staying down for longer than 3 hours. I stayed down the local pub for 7 hours today. Got some drugs, got some laughs, got some drinks.

Basically, my local pub is the best pub ever located. The drugs was a joke, but this pub is the best pub ive ever been in ever.

Why do you need drugs Andy, you are mad enough already. :hat2:

When some of the younger folk at work who are only 2-3 years younger than me have responded 'Who?' or 'What?' when I have been talking about bands, tv shows etc from when I was growing up!

When I started to not enjoy clubbing!

I prefer pubs now.

I'm twenty, and I have that opinion already...I'm doomed!!!

Pub banter/chat/clientel all far outshine that of the edinburgh club scene

Snap, and I'm 21. Clubs are ****e.

I'm 78 though.

25 tbh.

When i realised i preferred home to pubs on a saturday night

That will be the next step for me.

The dread of hangovers is another sign that I'm getting older (maybe wiser).

Templeton Peck
That will be the next step for me.

The dread of hangovers is another sign that I'm getting older (maybe wiser).

Yeah thats another one. When you don't want to get a hangover on a worknight

I'm 31 but last year i realised i was old when i noticed i was the youngest at a Bruce Springsteen gig. I felt like part of the new batch coming through.

1. when i became older than all the hearts players.

2. when i realised it's not long until i'm liable to be older than the manager.

3. when i lost the ability to walk properly virtually over night (i'm ok now).

4. when i lost the ability to drink huge copius amounts of beer without becoming knackered and jaked.

5. when i realised i'm in a position of responsibility at work and am actually more concerned about the company than the people around me.

When 2-day hangovers became the norm rather than the exception.

Its a right old booger is that one.

Tend to find that on a school night im in bed for 10pm with a book. Used to sit up to stupid o clock in younger days.

i'd have to second this.

When I realised I was older than all the Hearts and Norwich players. Also, when I was on a night out, and started getting tired around 11pm. Celebrities I grew up watching on TV who've now started dying kinda brings it home too. :43:

How's this one? No hangover the morning after; but a big one the morning after the morning after... Confused.com.

Its a right old booger is that one.

Tend to find that on a school night im in bed for 10pm with a book. Used to sit up to stupid o clock in younger days.

How's this one? No hangover the morning after; but a big one the morning after the morning after... Confused.com.

this is a barsteward of being an old ****.

the delayed / ever lasting hangover. mines get worse and worse as the day goes on.

who can remember to drink water before falling into their pit?

Better call Saul

For me it was when I started to read this thread and found similarities with most of the posts

where are my slipper's ?

It tends to be hungover to f$$k on the first day and then feeling totally wiped out on the second day-they them eventually lead to a 3 day one unless you learn your lesson, took me 3 years to learn that one now live in fear off hangovers and tend not to over do it anymore-you got to listen to your body sometimes

Back on the subject hearing some noise classed as music on the train and telling them to turn that sh$$ off!

It tends to be hungover to f$$k on the first day and then feeling totally wiped out on the second day-they them eventually lead to a 3 day one unless you learn your lesson, took me 3 years to learn that one now live in fear off hangovers and tend not to over do it anymore-you got to listen to your body sometimes

Back on the subject hearing some noise classed as music on the train and telling them to turn that sh$$ off!

Likewise, although I've got a brutal hangover today!

Likewise, although I've got a brutal hangover today!

See thats the thing even though i know its going to kill me every now and then i give it another chance just to see if ive been cured :-)

In no particular order;

Looking at the Top Ten, and realising you have no idea who any of the singers/groups are, or what the songs sound like.

Realising that you work beside people who were not even born when you first started work.

Having a complete stranger start talking to you in the street / pub / supermarket, only to realise that you're a friend of their parents, and you thought they were about 12, not 22.

Remembering a song / a film / an incident / a game from a year or two back, only to discover it was eight or nine years ago.

Realising that a round of drinks now costs more than a night out used to.

Actually enjoying a night in on your own.

Wondering why you still have a comb.

Bumping into your friends "kids" in the pub.

The thread on the number of Hearts games you'd been to, and realising that you were one of only a few old enough to have been at over 1,000.

Listening to young kids discussing computers, and realising that they could be talking Hebrew, for all the sense it made.

Wistfully remembering shops / pubs / buildings that no longer exist, or green areas that are now built on.

.......and so many other things.

I think I'll head off to bed now, and cry myself to sleep. :nah:

Being tired and looking in the mirror in a pub, I looked like Yoda's grandad. At that moment I realised I was rapidly heading south.

"Bugger", I thought.

I've now got grey pubes as well as grey sideburns, not pretty.

I actually find the thought of Wendy James with sideburns to be more disturbing than the colour of her pubes ! :blink:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I had the the dreaded 2 day hangover during the week after a party. Was ****ing brutal. Only fully recovered today and it was on Wednesday.

All these bands reforming & me remembering them first time around.

About 6 years ago, talking to someone at work and they had never heard of The Jam or Madness??????

I have always been blonde & full of freckles.... now I think they might be liver spots :57:

On the other thread when someone said the song at no one when they were born was take that relight my fire, i remember that song at my 18th up at the red hot meat market.

Christ my no one was tamnmy wynette

This is beginning to sound like some kind of crumblie self help group! I'm glad that the dread of hangovers is more comon than I thought, I was under the impression that I was the only one who was scared of them. But that said do you get those real blinders if your on holiday? I wake up, and I know I've had a drink, but the consequences are less brutal than a "home grown" one.

Another consequence of getting older is a propensity to argue with the tele, and the radio.

And now having two pairs of specs instead of one, just in case I mislay the first pair.

Aw naw!

:nah:

When I started to wear Clarks shoes.

When I realised I was old enough to be Gary Glen and Craig Thomson's Dad.

When I started getting older than the birds on Page 3.

It's truely depressing.

Sometimes a 24 year year old pops up, which makes me feel better, for about a second.

50 next year,never really bothered about my age until this thread.:smiley2:

I have started thinking recently though at what age should i stop wearing jeans.

50 next year,never really bothered about my age until this thread.:smiley2:

I have started thinking recently though at what age should i stop wearing jeans.

Keep them on mate! Jist cos yer gettin on a bit doesnae mean you can walk about bare ersed, YET!!!

:10900:

Had a moment on Friday night in Glasgow, where myself and my mate, 27 years and 28 years old respectively, decided it would be a good idea to go to the Garage nightclub. Only to realise whilst standing in the queue that we were around 10 years older than most other people around us.

Miller Jambo 60
Had a moment on Friday night in Glasgow, where myself and my mate, 27 years and 28 years old respectively, decided it would be a good idea to go to the Garage nightclub. Only to realise whilst standing in the queue that we were around 10 years older than most other people around us.

Ha Ha wish i was 28 again, :smiley2:

Had a similar experience recently in that I was standing in a queue for tickets for Paramore at the SECC for my daughter when I realised that I was about 15 years older than most of the rest of the queue.

If an angry mob intent on hunting down and burning any paedos had passed at that moment I was in trouble big style :biggrin:

Had a similar experience recently in that I was standing in a queue for tickets for Paramore at the SECC for my daughter when I realised that I was about 15 years older than most of the rest of the queue.

If an angry mob intent on hunting down and burning any paedos had passed at that moment I was in trouble big style :biggrin:

Suuuuure.

Keep them on mate! Jist cos yer gettin on a bit doesnae mean you can walk about bare ersed, YET!!!

I suppose i should be thankful that i do not p**h myself in them.:smiley2:

Get yourself up to the Manique (Storm) in Falkirk next Saturday.You will be one of the youngest there.:10900:

When I started getting older than the birds on Page 3.

It's truely depressing.

Sometimes a 24 year year old pops up, which makes me feel better, for about a second.

My mate had to start buying different papers !

When the girl In the paper was younger than his daughter, suddenly looking at page three started to feel wrong, on so many levels !

Archived