Royal mail

dale8809

A lot of the rights you mention aren't rights but privileges. Lots of workers don't have a decent wage and most can get made redundant. What makes Mail workers different that they have rights to these?

How can these changes to working conditions AGREED BY royal Mail with the unions that i have out lined in the 5 stages of pay and modernisation agreements be PRIVILEGES.:nah:So Royal Mail want to cut jobs,falsify figures as justifications for these cuts and working conditions by walking away from the agreed stage 5 agreement and somehow you view these changes as PRIVILEGES:nah:Do most other workers get lied to and just lie down and except job cuts??The difference in this dispute is WHY did RM walk away from these agreements knowing full well that this would cause massive unrest,anger and possible strike actions??You cannot lump pay and working conditions that have been fought for workers as PRIVILEGES.You saying that all pay and decent working conditions are PRIVILEGES, a bit draconian is it not.Take a lot at BT they are represented by our union too , the Communications Workers Union Party,(CWUP) and they have fought for similar RIGHTS not PRIVILEGES. The debate and unrest here is a fair deal be it pay or working conditions.These rights are NOT ALL ABOUT PAY, the main unrest is the justifications used by RM for further job cuts, phasing in, of part time duties including post men ,leading to further LATER MAIL DELIVERIES. Again i stress the main issue here is not pay but the justifications used by RM on job cuts leading to working conditions.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some people really do, have no clue as to whats actually going on in royal mail. just judge as lazy basards who dont want to do a job and go on strike. idiots

You must admit, they do seem to have the highest instance for going on strike out of all the public sector services. Whether it be for mundane reasons or reasons you deem to be important, they're there to provide a service for the public, a service many of us feel they don't do to the best of their ability. So aye, they're here to provide a service to the public and as such we're entitled to criticise as and when we feeling we're not receiving that service.

You've got to appreciate many people rely on these people to provide this service and when it's not forthcoming, people are going to get frustrated and start accusing the workers of being many things.

You've also got to appreciate, many people simply think they do a poor job when they do decide to turn up.

Also the 90 days per year they're on strike must add up to a nice little holiday package.

Quality 'off the top of our head' figures dude. I have been in Royal Mail for 14 years, and posties have nowhere near that amount of strike days since I began! It's no all that bad!

By the way, maroonleigons is exactly like he is on here as he is in a Delivery Office! :10900::hat2::smiley2::stuart:

In all seriousness, I am very disapponted in the stance the CWU are taking here. There are 2 1/2 million unemployed at the moment and would indeed work for the Royal Mail. Still regarded as one of the most respected companies in the UK. We're also the 2nd highest employer in the country after the government.

I put out a recruitment campaign request for 4 part time (25 hour) vacancies in the North West Delivery Office in EH4, and 38 people applied for them! The best part of the posties can ill afford to take these single days off ever other week.

Something needs sorted and quick. Or else the lunatics are gonna take over the asylum.

Quality 'off the top of our head' figures dude. I have been in Royal Mail for 14 years, and posties have nowhere near that amount of strike days since I began! It's no all that bad!

By the way, maroonleigons is exactly like he is on here as he is in a Delivery Office! :10900::hat2::smiley2::stuart:

Is Ricky the D.O. manager being telling you porkies.Only seen you once in my D.O. was that because they could not get anyone else:10900: or was it a part of your training.

You must admit, they do seem to have the highest instance for going on strike out of all the public sector services. Whether it be for mundane reasons or reasons you deem to be important, they're there to provide a service for the public, a service many of us feel they don't do to the best of their ability. So aye, they're here to provide a service to the public and as such we're entitled to criticise as and when we feeling we're not receiving that service.

You've got to appreciate many people rely on these people to provide this service and when it's not forthcoming, people are going to get frustrated and start accusing the workers of being many things.

You've also got to appreciate, many people simply think they do a poor job when they do decide to turn up.

You cannot NOT turn up either to work or at a customers door with mail.There are strict practises in place to root those out who do not turn up for work or do not deliver mail.The failure to deliver any mail without a genuine or legit reason is called wilful delay of mail and can and often does result in sackings.You have also got to appreciate that because of a few lazy or incompetent posties it does not make all of us that way.Who are the many people who think we do a poor job?Yes you have a right to make your

grievances known if you are receiving a crap service but at the same time we have a right to air our grievances too.Ever wonder what low moral can do to a service , not trying to make or justify people experiencing crap services but moral like in any lob can effect work rates or performances.

Well the perks that i get are SOMETIMES finishing early on my delivery, that used to be a Tuesday when the mail traffic is lower than the rest of the week but that is now changing as there seems to be more down stream access coming in to DOs now.I do sympathise with your working conditions , i take it you have no unions to get advise from, if you have get in touch with them.Why did you leave RM.

I dont think there is a union for working in a esso garage.I left royal mail for a few reasons I was accused of stealing/losing a package that was later found in the DO that they had lost and they never even botherd to come tell me they found it untill I asked about it a week later.one of the line managers had a bit of a thing for me he would moan at me if I fell behind on my prep but not bother about people that were alot slower.I asked to get changed walk because someone gave me a bit of greif about a letter not getting deliverd and told her it is not my fault and she went mental at me so I walked away and said for gods sake and her neighbour came shouting at me and he had a spade in his hand so I felt I had good reason to get moved he waved me off saying it is too much hassel to do that.In the end I got sick of him picking on me fo no real reason yes my prep might have been a bit behind on somedays but I never held the van up so I told him too gtf and walked out I did like the job and would do it again but not while that nob is still there.

How can these changes to working conditions AGREED BY royal Mail with the unions that i have out lined in the 5 stages of pay and modernisation agreements be PRIVILEGES.:nah:So Royal Mail want to cut jobs,falsify figures as justifications for these cuts and working conditions by walking away from the agreed stage 5 agreement and somehow you view these changes as PRIVILEGES:nah:Do most other workers get lied to and just lie down and except job cuts??The difference in this dispute is WHY did RM walk away from these agreements knowing full well that this would cause massive unrest,anger and possible strike actions??You cannot lump pay and working conditions that have been fought for workers as PRIVILEGES.You saying that all pay and decent working conditions are PRIVILEGES, a bit draconian is it not.Take a lot at BT they are represented by our union too , the Communications Workers Union Party,(CWUP) and they have fought for similar RIGHTS not PRIVILEGES. The debate and unrest here is a fair deal be it pay or working conditions.These rights are NOT ALL ABOUT PAY, the main unrest is the justifications used by RM for further job cuts, phasing in, of part time duties including post men ,leading to further LATER MAIL DELIVERIES. Again i stress the main issue here is not pay but the justifications used by RM on job cuts leading to working conditions.

Welcome to the real world. :smiley2:

No the guys at the top of the tree are the ones who are ripping up agreed changes and enforcing unfair work loads and working conditions.The guys at the top are the ones who in the past FAILED to invest properly in the pensions for all RM workers but made sure their pensions and bonus were safe.The guys at the top KNOWINGLY AND WILLING instigated these local strikes and now possible national strikes by ripping up the AGREED finale stage 5 of these agreements on change .Now who is the ones forcing these strikes and attacks on the moral of the workers,? Who are the real culprits who in the past failed to see competition on a world stage when the signs were there?Who were the ones who falsified figures of how long it would take a postie to complete his round by feeding figures i to a computer then CHANGING THE RESULTS so they had the justifications on cutting duties or making people redundant?? Again who are the ones that are now looking too faced and are the real cause of so much low moral and draconian thinking and implementations.Can answer these FACTS without condemning EVERY POSTAL WORKER ?? Realise that the privatisation or even the end of RM is going to get a real fight on its hands from postal workers who are hard working, honest and HAVE THE RIGHTS to a decent wage, working conditions ,respect and above all not to be made redundant,feel guilty or worthless by people who judge a few to condemn the many and would have us believe that we still live in a age when peoples lively hoods can be manipulated and taken for granted on the basses of lies .We are not the ones who continually lie and enforce non agreed working conditions or fall back on agreed changes.The decent posties are proud to work for this British public institution but change should and has to come on agreed terms not one dominating the other.Take a look at the union web site link i provided , you will see that there is grievances there worth standing up for.:2thumbsup:

None of that shows how the bosses are to blame for postal workers failing to post my package. All that points towards is you have issues with your bosses. I don't think that postal workers should be highly paid, I think it is a menial job with zero skill involved. My personal opinion is that postal workers are trying to overvalue their work and they could argue so much that they will lose their jobs.

ML, you are a postie, my advice (taking into account that I am just a normal dude like you) would be that you should look for a job outwith the postal service now. I am not sure but I think I recall you posting that you have a wife and kids, don't wait until the Royal Mail take it out of your hands, act now.

...I don't think that postal workers should be highly paid, I think it is a menial job with zero skill involved...

There is one skill involved. That skill involves opening the letterbox, pushing the mail through, then releasing the letterbox to allow gravity to close it.

Sadly, i've lost count of the amount of times that i've came across my correctly addressed mail lying at the bottom of the communal stairs as the postie can't be arsed climbing the stairs to the penthouse where my letter box is located.

Still, i'm sure some postie will be along shortly to blame this on the managers.

There is one skill involved. That skill involves opening the letterbox, pushing the mail through, then releasing the letterbox to allow gravity to close it.

Sadly, i've lost count of the amount of times that i've came across my correctly addressed mail lying at the bottom of the communal stairs as the postie can't be arsed climbing the stairs to the penthouse where my letter box is located.

Still, i'm sure some postie will be along shortly to blame this on the managers.

Indeed.

I should add that my package did not turn up yesterday. I will look to get in touch with them on Monday and ask them what went wrong with this "attempt" however I suspect that they won't be working, again.

You cannot NOT turn up either to work or at a customers door with mail.There are strict practises in place to root those out who do not turn up for work or do not deliver mail.The failure to deliver any mail without a genuine or legit reason is called wilful delay of mail and can and often does result in sackings.You have also got to appreciate that because of a few lazy or incompetent posties it does not make all of us that way.Who are the many people who think we do a poor job?Yes you have a right to make your

grievances known if you are receiving a crap service but at the same time we have a right to air our grievances too.Ever wonder what low moral can do to a service , not trying to make or justify people experiencing crap services but moral like in any lob can effect work rates or performances.

mate, you talk about morale, but if you're going to go down that particular avenue, then look no further than the nurses. Now there's a profession that's been under the cosh for years, but unlike the posties they don't take a hissy fit each and every time something doesn't go their way. that's a group of people that have every right to feel hard done by.

RM are pathetic, RM management are pathetic, the unions are pathetic and the employees aren't far behind. The sooner they privatise this abomination of a service the better. Hell, i know for a fact a privatised RM can't be any worse than it currently is down my way. How can it get any worse?

Indeed.

I should add that my package did not turn up yesterday. I will look to get in touch with them on Monday and ask them what went wrong with this "attempt" however I suspect that they won't be working, again.

Which postcode area do you live in BH?

mate, you talk about morale, but if you're going to go down that particular avenue, then look no further than the nurses. Now there's a profession that's been under the cosh for years, but unlike the posties they don't take a hissy fit each and every time something doesn't go their way. that's a group of people that have every right to feel hard done by.

RM are pathetic, RM management are pathetic, the unions are pathetic and the employees aren't far behind. The sooner they privatise this abomination of a service the better. Hell, i know for a fact a privatised RM can't be any worse than it currently is down my way. How can it get any worse?

Every time things do not go our way you say, well we were happy enough to sign the 5 stages of the agreements with RM but RM choose to rip the last one up.I have a lot of respect for people like nurses,firemen and even bin men but nurses have a more crucial job and service to the public than us so its more difficult for them to just down bandages ect and walk out, so that is an unfair comparison to make between us and them i think.You in your complete ignorance of the reasons why we are thinking about strike action is evident in your post.You have your mind set on us,RM and the unions as pathetic, well you have one of them right anyway.Can you explain WHY the union is pathetic, could you tell any off the differences between what this union has achieved in the past for us and what RM would have liked to have us accept?? Are you aware that this union successfully got recognised by DHL workers too after a long struggle with DHL management who were adamant that there would be no attachments to that union.You are safe in your comfort zone of NOT actually bearing the burdens of any privatisations of RM,(as you do not work for RM), as you fail to see the effects it would have on workers conditions,work loads and the kind of service that the public would get.You clearly feel that just because of a few lazy and incompetent posties that ALL posties are pathetic.Do you include the thousands who are NOT posties but work in mail sorting centres and logistic drivers too, what about the sales people,or marketing also??We choose to stand up for our basic employment working rights,.(not privileges), the nurses have a much more moral dilemma to deal with but i wish they could find a way to do it and get rid of these bureaucrats who swan about in hospital departments fecking every thing up because of cuts and savings.Like the true meaning of a public service like the NHS it should never be allowed for profits to be at a forefront before the care and well being of peoples heath, the same goes for RM too.Oh and this union have i think just recently won a wage deal for BT workers at ?400 a week or are close to securing it, you tell me how many BT workers think that this union is pathetic ,considering the obscene huge and massive profits BT have made??

EH6

I kinda guessed it was either 6,7 or 8. Get nothing but complaints about them. Even moreso since they have moved to Telferton.

Every time things do not go our way you say, well we were happy enough to sign the 5 stages of the agreements with RM but RM choose to rip the last one up.I have a lot of respect for people like nurses,firemen and even bin men but nurses have a more crucial job and service to the public than us so its more difficult for them to just down bandages ect and walk out, so that is an unfair comparison to make between us and them i think.You in your complete ignorance of the reasons why we are thinking about strike action is evident in your post.You have your mind set on us,RM and the unions as pathetic, well you have one of them right anyway.Can you explain WHY the union is pathetic, could you tell any off the differences between what this union has achieved in the past for us and what RM would have liked to have us accept?? Are you aware that this union successfully got recognised by DHL workers too after a long struggle with DHL management who were adamant that there would be no attachments to that union.You are safe in your comfort zone of NOT actually bearing the burdens of any privatisations of RM,(as you do not work for RM), as you fail to see the effects it would have on workers conditions,work loads and the kind of service that the public would get.You clearly feel that just because of a few lazy and incompetent posties that ALL posties are pathetic.Do you include the thousands who are NOT posties but work in mail sorting centres and logistic drivers too, what about the sales people,or marketing also??We choose to stand up for our basic employment working rights,.(not privileges), the nurses have a much more moral dilemma to deal with but i wish they could find a way to do it and get rid of these bureaucrats who swan about in hospital departments fecking every thing up because of cuts and savings.Like the true meaning of a public service like the NHS it should never be allowed for profits to be at a forefront before the care and well being of peoples heath, the same goes for RM too.Oh and this union have i think just recently won a wage deal for BT workers at ?400 a week or are close to securing it, you tell me how many BT workers think that this union is pathetic ,considering the obscene huge and massive profits BT have made??

Quite amazing ML that you are making the posties voice for everyone, whereas you work at the Dell DO, an office who missed 2 revisions consecutively because no one could agree a business plan, and were haemorraging (sp) money on a weekly basis. When you finally get one, nane of the boys in your office can take the heat.

I'm normally in a in-the-middle type of manager, but this time I feel postmen and women need to wake up and smell the coffee. The world is a changing place, some posties cannot see the woods for the trees. Modernisation is the ONLY way to go, and if they don't want to move forward with us, then we'll find someone else that will. I don't think Dave Ward and his cronies realise the severity of this stance. Lord Mandelson, for the erse that he is, tore a strip off him on the telly the other day and got ALL of the media on his side. The CWU are going to implode over all this. Where will the posties go from there?

Nurses also exercise the right to ballot their members on whether or not to strike. They threatened to do so two years ago.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2007/apr/17/health.uknews3

Nurses also exercise the right to ballot their members on whether or not to strike. They threatened to do so two years ago.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2007/apr/17/health.uknews3

Balloting is one thing, but they don't actually walk out every other month as to appease the trigger happy unions and their members. Maybe if the RM started to provide a decent service and listened to their customers more often, the general public would have more sympathy for their cause.

Whilst i have no love for Thatcher for what she did to our country, i think she had the right idea when it came to dealing with the unions. Unions are needing brought down a peg or two again tbh.

Hahahaha - why do i think unions and most of the union mined members tend to be pathetic? Because they don't give a **** about anyone other than themselves basically and it really is that simple.

You ever saw the vitriol that tends to be spewed by those chumps if someone has the audacity to cross their picket line because that person simply wants to carry on providing for their family?

Unions only give a **** about themselves and their members, and no one else and God forbid any worker that crosses them.

Unions are great if you tow the party line, but your worst enemy if you dare to go against them

Hahahaha - why do i think unions and most of the union mined members tend to be pathetic? Because they don't give a **** about anyone other than themselves basically and it really is that simple.

You ever saw the vitriol that tends to be spewed by those chumps if someone has the audacity to cross their picket line because that person simply wants to carry on providing for their family?

Unions only give a **** about themselves and their members, and no one else and God forbid any worker that crosses them.

Unions are great if you tow the party line, but your worst enemy if you dare to go against them

Well go and ask the various union members of say BT who were awarded a pay rise that was fought long and hard for them by the same union that is representing Rm postal workers .Also try asking all the the other workers across Britain who are represented by their own unions if they feel the same way as you.And what union are you in, if any, that is??Again i ask you can you name or tell the differences in what and why the union gained for RM workers and what RM themselves would have imposed or not even considered on postal workers through out past and previous strikes.:nah:You seem to have a personal grudge about unions and union members but cannot back it up with any real credibility, you bang on about lazy posties and condemn ALL because of a few, you have shown no knowledge of what unions or unions in general have achieved or the real reasons why they fought on behalf of workers. It seems that your bitterness is clouding and influencing your beliefs that all postal workers,unions members are pathetic.Sorry to say but the days of the Thatcherite union bashing are long gone. Fairer working conditions, fairer pay and above all exposing lies and deceit from unscrupulous employers are just a few achievements that these unions have achieved.:2thumbsup:If one does not want to strike then that's ones choice but people who do cross picket lines can be expected not to be popular, thats the real not towing the party line. I think we should look closer at home to all the political parties just now and see what they are up to in their scams, after all RM is OWNED by the government and what is their failings in this dispute and previous ones??

All the union and RM workers are asking is that RM come back to the negotiation table and explain their reason on why they ripped up and walked away from the finale stage 5 of the pay and modernisation agreements and to stop panic job cuts and forcing through new working conditions that were not agreed on.This ballot if voted in favour of industrial action is a notice to RM that unless they do the above then strikes will follow.

The Real Maroonblood
All the union and RM workers are asking is that RM come back to the negotiation table and explain their reason on why they ripped up and walked away from the finale stage 5 of the pay and modernisation agreements and to stop panic job cuts and forcing through new working conditions that were not agreed on.This ballot if voted in favour of industrial action is a notice to RM that unless they do the above then strikes will follow.

The posties are certainly experts at that.

Balloting is one thing, but they don't actually walk out every other month as to appease the trigger happy unions and their members. Maybe if the RM started to provide a decent service and listened to their customers more often, the general public would have more sympathy for their cause.

Whilst i have no love for Thatcher for what she did to our country, i think she had the right idea when it came to dealing with the unions. Unions are needing brought down a peg or two again tbh.

If they had been brought down a peg or two a few months back, I would have lost my own job.

Well go and ask the various union members of say BT who were awarded a pay rise that was fought long and hard for them by the same union that is representing Rm postal workers .Also try asking all the the other workers across Britain who are represented by their own unions if they feel the same way as you.And what union are you in, if any, that is??Again i ask you can you name or tell the differences in what and why the union gained for RM workers and what RM themselves would have imposed or not even considered on postal workers through out past and previous strikes.:nah:You seem to have a personal grudge about unions and union members but cannot back it up with any real credibility, you bang on about lazy posties and condemn ALL because of a few, you have shown no knowledge of what unions or unions in general have achieved or the real reasons why they fought on behalf of workers. It seems that your bitterness is clouding and influencing your beliefs that all postal workers,unions members are pathetic.Sorry to say but the days of the Thatcherite union bashing are long gone. Fairer working conditions, fairer pay and above all exposing lies and deceit from unscrupulous employers are just a few achievements that these unions have achieved.:2thumbsup:If one does not want to strike then that's ones choice but people who do cross picket lines can be expected not to be popular, thats the real not towing the party line. I think we should look closer at home to all the political parties just now and see what they are up to in their scams, after all RM is OWNED by the government and what is their failings in this dispute and previous ones??

No mate, I draw my opinion from experience. I grew up in a mining village during the 80's at the height of the miners strike and saw first hand what these people are capable off. People/families shunned by unions and the likes just because they chose to provide for their families.

My best mate (at the time we were around 11ish) was regularly abused by individuals that had connections to the union because like i said above, his father had NO choice but to go out and provide for his family. His father and people like him had to have protected escorts to and from work because the union labelled them scabs and thought nothing of using intimidation and abuse to get their point over.

Times have changed but on the whole the unions still only look after themselves and their members and have no interest in those that chose to go their own way.

So feel free to post more of your sanctimonious pish.

off topic a little - if you wish to carry on having a discussion please break your wall of text down a little as it's very difficult to read.

If they had been brought down a peg or two a few months back, I would have lost my own job.

I think you're reading too much into what I'm saying. My issue with the unions isn't on a 1 to 1 level as no one can deny they do have their uses, but they try to dictate to the workforce as a whole when it comes to all out strike action etc and alienate those that don't tow the party line.

Indeed.

Turns out that a couple of hours after saying they would "attempt" to deliver this on Saturday they sent this to my local post office. The missus will pop into that PO on Wednesday (for the second time) to see if this is indeed the case. The hunt goes on.

I blame the bosses in big shiny offices, isn't that right ML?

northfieldhearts
do you want a round of applause, an award maybe?

No. But unlike the wasters in Royal Mail & Council, I do a bit for my wage.

No. But unlike the wasters in Royal Mail & Council, I do a bit for my wage.

so im a waster am I?

what makes you better than people that work for royal mail and the council. making that sort of idiotic judgement, just proves that you really have no brains

can I ask what you do for a living?

Is it a coincidence that the only people here defending RM are the people that either work for them or have ties with them?

Almost every company is measured on how well a service they provide for their clients, which in the case of RM a huge percentage of those clients happen to be the general public. Your company's customers are telling you they don't hold the employees of RM in high regard, so surely that tells you that your employers along with their employees are doing something wrong?

Some of you are banging on like we owe yous a debt of gratitude for providing us with a second rate service, a second rate service that isn't free btw, so rather than chastise the people that use your service, take a step back and accept that maybe, just maybe the customers have every right to feel aggrieved.

hold on a mintue, im not defending the company, Im defending myself. I`ll tell you now, from my point of view, Royal Mail isnt exactly great, but thats for people upstairs to blame, but that`ll be me just pointing the fingers at the people in the suits wont it. there are a minority of postmen/women, who yes are lazy etc, but thats a minority, its just ignorant to label all of them that way. im saying you were, IMO thats just the general thoughts of alot of people.

...Royal Mail isnt exactly great, but thats for people upstairs to blame, but that`ll be me just pointing the fingers at the people in the suits wont it...

As i said previously, i've lost count of the amount of times that i've came across my correctly addressed mail lying at the bottom of the communal stairs as the postie can't be arsed climbing the stairs to the top floor.

How exactly is that the fault of management?

As i said previously, i've lost count of the amount of times that i've came across my correctly addressed mail lying at the bottom of the communal stairs as the postie can't be arsed climbing the stairs to the top floor.

How exactly is that the fault of management?

did i say that your individual case is the fault of management???? as I said in my previous post, theres a minority of them lurking, and their undefendable actions bring us down.

did i say that your individual case is the fault of management???? as I said in my previous post, theres a minority of them lurking, and their undefendable actions bring us down.

You said "Royal Mail isnt exactly great, but thats for people upstairs to blame". I asked how the pish service i've received for nearly a decade, and with numerous different posties over the years, can be blamed on the 'people upstairs'.

IMO, its not a minority. Its a majority.

Maybe posties would have more public sympathy if the general public actually thought they received a half decent service.

well thats your opinion at the end of the day, just a pity that those of us who do the job properly and to best of our ability are thought of as "wasters" and so.

well thats your opinion at the end of the day, just a pity that those of us who do the job properly and to best of our ability are thought of as "wasters" and so.

It is a pity that those that do the job properly are thought of as wasters but that's not the fault of management either.

The blame for that is firmly at the door of the wasters.

Those that do the job properly can also take some responsibility for the general public's perception for not doing anything about the wasters.

It is a pity that those that do the job properly are thought of as wasters but that's not the fault of management either.

The blame for that is firmly at the door of the wasters.

Those that do the job properly can also take some responsibility for the general public's perception for not doing anything about the wasters.

ahhh so thats for me and others to find them is it. good one

ahhh so thats for me and others to find them is it. good one

Find them? Do you mean that you can't tell who the lazy ****ers are in your SO?

We all know who the lazy usless ****ers are in our own DO's, but whistleblowing on them does no good as the management dont care! as soon as you're out the door on delivery, your out of sight and they're away home to count their bonuses! :smiley2:

ha, it gets better, so its up to us to take responsibility for these people is it, not for the managers for letting them away with this behaviour. talk sense man

To the guys at Royal Mail - a serious question.

If your not happy with your job / pay why not look for something else.

I work for a small business and if I'm bothappy with decisions my boss's make striking isn't an option. I'd look for something else.

To the guys at Royal Mail - a serious question.

If your not happy with your job / pay why not look for something else.

I work for a small business and if I'm bothappy with decisions my boss's make striking isn't an option. I'd look for something else.

I quite like my job thanks, and working for a BIG company, ive been in it for over 10yrs and i used to really like it though, when we had an earlier start on delivery, EVERYBODY got a better SERVICE! its only now that so many customers are unhappy with the SERVICE! (im a customer aswell as a worker!) i dont like getting OR delivering the mail in the afternoons and can totally understand why so many companies have switched to couriers etc, but the later start on delivery was not the idea of your postie! its one of many ways RM come up with to try to save money, after all their bad investments in the past! ( like changing the name from royal mail group to consignia and spending millions on it, only to change back a year later!!)

thats my rant over! any jobs going? :smiley2:

Why do people care so much about what time of the day the mail gets delivered?

Where's the need for Posties to be out their beds at 4 or 5 am??

I've never understood this obsession with getting the mail delivered so early in the day.

Why do people care so much about what time of the day the mail gets delivered?

Where's the need for Posties to be out their beds at 4 or 5 am??

I've never understood this obsession with getting the mail delivered so early in the day.

Businesses tend to care a lot.

Archived