Official Betfair Steady Drip Thread 2009 - Three Munney for All

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Rules:

• Open a Betfair Account
  • Deposit money (I'm starting with ten English pounds)
  • You can only bet on the total goals market, preferably 1 goal or more
  • Post your bet up on here before the event
  • All research on games can be posted in the thread and will be appreciated
  • Spend your THREE MUNNEY on something you wouldn't have bought otherwise!

Hopefully that makes sense to everyone ... it will once you go onto Betfair and have a look at the total goals market. The aim of the game is to build up a bank by selecting one goal or more in games you think will not end 0-0.

GOOD LUCK PLAYERS - LET'S GET RICH.

money-shower-460_1208206c.jpg

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the format everyone should use to keep track of bets and make it a bit easier to read:

Bet 1 - Hearts v Kilmarnock. ?10 on 1 goal or more @ 1.05 (Betfair) returns ?11.05.

Would it not return ?10.05 ?

Il be in for this come the end of the month

I just wrote anything, knew someone would point it out! :laugh:

Right here's my first bet -

Bet 1 - Blackpool v Newcastle. ?10 on 1 goal or more @ 1.09 (Betfair) returns ?10.90.

It will take a while to get into real money but it's all about patience.

The Mighty Thor

Bet 1 - Blackpool v Newcastle. ?10 on 1 goal or more @ 1.09 (Betfair) returns ?10.90.

Or if it's a 0-0 draw this could be the shortest thread in JKB history? :smiley2:

The People's Chimp

If you want a steady drip you should maybe not fire your entire starting balance onto your first bet!

I'll have a bit of this.

So if it comes up.Do you then put ?10.90 on the next bet and so on?

Or if it's a 0-0 draw this could be the shortest thread in JKB history? :smiley2:

It won't lose. FACT!

If you want a steady drip you should maybe not fire your entire starting balance onto your first bet!

I'll have a bit of this.

I will continue to put the full balance on until I reach something like 50/60 quid then half the bank ... otherwise it's pretty pointless!

That's how I do it mate, if you want to use another technique then that's cool.

The People's Chimp

Just put a bit less on - say one or two quid, you could also put on smaller bets on the goals markets as trebles, and let your small winnings accrue.

You then, after about 6 months of playing this, should (could) have steadily filled your pot.

Sounding good this.I've got a account with betfair.I'll stick a tenner in and go with the Newcastle game.Which i assume is tonight?

Sure you will get a ? for ? welcome bonus up to ?20

Sounding good this.I've got a account with betfair.I'll stick a tenner in and go with the Newcastle game.Which i assume is tonight?

It is indeed, Sir.

Stat time - Only 3 draws in the Premiership this season and NO 0-0 (as far as I'm aware) ... good news for players and should give you a clue as to where your money is going. ;)

Sexton Hardcastle
It is indeed, Sir.

Stat time - Only 3 draws in the Premiership this season and NO 0-0 (as far as I'm aware) ... good news for players and should give you a clue as to where your money is going. ;)

:smiley2:

Do betfair still do the ?25 sign up gig?

:smiley2:

Do betfair still do the ?25 sign up gig?

Not sure mate, I'd imagine they will have some sort of deal. They are official sponsors of Hearts this season as well so it doesn't hurt as much giving them your money (aye right!).

Another nap for tonight is Inter v Barca @ 1.08.

Say What Again

Right. Won ?51 last night on a West Brom/Hearts double, so I'm in - and will no doubt fail at the very first time of asking (which is tonight)

Bet 1 - Lyon v Fiorentina. ?10 on 1 goal or more @ 1.09 (Betfair) returns ?10.90.

Sexton Hardcastle

Good to hear.

I remember milking that a few years ago with various user names.

I think its the dogs turn this time.

Regal Kingston

ONE 0-0 and your Donald Ducked?

I quite like it though. I like a bet that takes a bit of time and a lot of effort.

I would NEVER include Italian teams in this as 0-0 is considered an admirable result in Italy.

The games is America always seem to be high scoring. Must be a good market to plunder.

Bring it on!

Is this strictly a 1+ goal thread, or for other people Steady Drips aswell?

I started one last night, although I'm not only 1+ goal this time.

Last night I had a lay bet of Chelsea -vs- Porto, goal in the first ten minutes, in otherwords hoping that it would be 0-0 after 11mins.

Weird because after about 8mins as soon as I saw John Terry down, half unconscious holding his head I shouted "YAAAS!!!".

Anyways am I allowed to post my SD bets or not?

I'll do this as well.

Bet 1 - Olympiacos vs AZ Alkmaar. ?10 on 1 goal or more @ 1.10 (Betfair) returns ?11.00

Not sure mate, I'd imagine they will have some sort of deal. They are official sponsors of Hearts this season as well so it doesn't hurt as much giving them your money (aye right!).

Another nap for tonight is Inter v Barca @ 1.08.

Well AP did you do a double or stick with the Newcastle single?

Liverpool won didn't they?

Yep but only 1-0. I had over 1.5 goals.

I'll just have to build it back up this Saturday!

Yep but only 1-0. I had over 1.5 goals.

I'll just have to build it back up this Saturday!

There's games tommorow night!!! Not had a look yet but i'll get a bet on tommorow.

The People's Chimp

I've not started my steady drip yet as I'd already stuck on a coupon with some of last night's winnings and the dirty huns went and totally fakd it! The swines!

1. Chelsea -vs Porto - Lay Goal 0-10 mins - ?8.80 @ 5.4 + ?2.00

2. Inter Milan -vs- Barcalona - Lay Goal 0-10 mins - ?9.00 @ 5.4 + ?2.00

Started with ?10.82, now on ?14.62.

Sexton Hardcastle

Not just open a second account and take the free 25 sheets?

Just register it to a different name. Thats my plan for this gig.

Not just open a second account and take the free 25 sheets?

Just register it to a different name. Thats my plan for this gig.

Do they not suss it out with the same bank card though?

Looking to get stuck into this tonight.

Sexton Hardcastle
Do they not suss it out with the same bank card though?

Looking to get stuck into this tonight.

Not sure. I did have at least two accounts in the past but blew the cash. Will see what happens. Think i may have an updated card by now. If not try a credit card?

Any ideas how you do 1 goal or more on Paddypower? I started this last night but I bet on Stuttgart or draw.

Bet 1 - Stuttgart vs Rangers. ?10 on Stuttgart or draw @ 1.11 (Paddypower) returned ?11.11

Bet 2- Fenerbache vs FC Twente, Hertha Berlin vs ** Ventspils, Ajax vs FC Timisoara. ?11.11 on Fenerbache or draw, Hertha Berlin or draw, Ajax or draw @ 1.19 (Paddypower) returns ?13.18

I feel I may have picked too many teams for a steady drip. :nah:

Well AP did you do a double or stick with the Newcastle single?

Just the one, thankfully!

Bet 1 - Blackpool v Newcastle. ?10 on 1 goal or more @ 1.09 (Betfair) returns ?10.90. WIN

Bet 2 - Everton v AEK. ?10.90 on 1 goal or more @ 1.07 (Betfair) returns ?11.66

Tried this a few years back, had 20 quid on man u v sunderland, Top versus bottom.

0-0 it finished so not sure if its worth doing again.

Bet 1 - Ajax v FC Timisoara. ?10 on 1 goal or more @ 1.18 (Betfair) returns ?11.80

Ouch! :57:

Can anyone explain how you put a 1 goal or more bet on paddypower please? Would it just be an 'over 0.5 goals' bet?

I'm not sure though, I think double chance bets are good.

Just the one, thankfully!

Bet 1 - Blackpool v Newcastle. ?10 on 1 goal or more @ 1.09 (Betfair) returns ?10.90. WIN

Bet 2 - Everton v AEK. ?10.90 on 1 goal or more @ 1.07 (Betfair) returns ?11.66

Bet 2 - Everton v AEK. ?10.90 on 1 goal or more @ 1.07 (Betfair) returns ?11.66. WIN

Bet 3 - Benfica v BATE. ?11.66 on 1 goal or more @ 1.05 (Betfair) returns ?12.24

Bet 1 - Ajax v FC Timisoara. ?10 on 1 goal or more @ 1.18 (Betfair) returns ?11.80

Oops

Chucked a couple of pound on tel aviv on 90 mins then onto shaktar at 3-0, so its goiong to be a slow build up.

Right i'm just in.?10.90 in the bank after last night.

Friday night it is then.

Sheffield derby a nap for a couple of goals i reckon and a quick look at Sat games Burnley v Sunderland looks to have goals.

Sorry had a few not looked into betfair for returns!!!!!

Sterling Archer

i didnt like steady drip, i went for a torrent last night, 6 team accumulator, blew 20quid! bloody fc twente game back with 15 mins to go

Say What Again

Bet 2 - Everton v AEK. ?10.90 on 1 goal or more @ 1.07 (Betfair) returns ?11.66. WIN

Bet 3 - Benfica v BATE. ?11.66 on 1 goal or more @ 1.05 (Betfair) returns ?12.24

Ken (or anyone else), can you tell me why, when you post saying you stand to win ?11.66, you get ?11.66 for your next bet?

This is the first time I've used Betfair and my first bet informed me I was getting ?10.90 - I got ?10.85, my second bet said ?12.04 - I've got ?11.98.

I suspect it's commission but am interested how you post ?11.66 and recieve ?11.66

Sexton Hardcastle

Yea it is.

Thats how betfair make their money as its punter betting v each other.

You do get better odds to compensate though.

Say What Again
Yea it is.

Is Ken simply deducting their slice before he posts his potential return then? If he posts saying he'll get ?11.66 - he gets ?11.66 for his next bet?

Bet 3 - Sheff Utd v Sheff Wed. ?11.98 on 1 goal or more @ 1.09 (Betfair) returns ?13.06 (less commission)

Can't help feeling I should have stayed away from a derby match, but both teams are in goal scoring and goal conceding form.

:2thumbsup:

Ken (or anyone else), can you tell me why, when you post saying you stand to win ?11.66, you get ?11.66 for your next bet?

This is the first time I've used Betfair and my first bet informed me I was getting ?10.90 - I got ?10.85, my second bet said ?12.04 - I've got ?11.98.

I suspect it's commission but am interested how you post ?11.66 and recieve ?11.66

Aye mate, just posting what it would be before comm is deducted.

I'm using money that I have in Betfair anyway so I'm just putting on what my return should be.

Bet 3 - Benfica v BATE. ?11.66 on 1 goal or more @ 1.05 (Betfair) returns ?12.24. WIN

Bet 4 - Sheffield Utd v Sheffield Wed. ?12.24 on 1 goal or more @ 1.09 returns ?13.34

Archived