iTunes problems...

chesser13

Anybody got any ideas here???:

Downloaded an update for iTunes, though when I try to install it, i'm getting the message:

"Fatal Error During Installation"

iTunes won't work at all now! Anybody encountered this problem and know how to solve it?

If you are using a PC you should be able to restore the computer to a date when everything worked. Google system restore and you should get detailed instructions.

If you are using a PC you should be able to restore the computer to a date when everything worked. Google system restore and you should get detailed instructions.

Thanks Stuart. I have tried that and thought it would work... unfortunately not! Reckon it's not actually a problem with the downloaded iTunes update, rather the associated installer.

Looking like a windows re-install, then... b****r!

This is taken from a help forum... Hope it helps...

For a start, delete ALL i-tunes stuff. (you'll loose your playlists but you can always make new ones!), then go to: http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=quicktime

Download an old version of quicktime (try 6.4) and then use the uninstall option to uninstall it, it will ask you if you want to uninstall everything, you do! Then just download i-tunes again!

Mark.

Sterling Archer

if this doesn't work I know a sure fire way to fix it. I'm on my work computer just now but have saved all the links from when it happened to me.

If the suggestion above doesn't fix it I can post the links I have to get you up and running.

Dagger Is Back

Dunno if this will help you preserve your I Tunes library if you're in danger of losing it and having to start from scratch. I've never tried it myself but someone sugested it so....

1) C:\Documents and Settings\Stephen\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music

2) Copy this folder into yer external drive then import back in.

Thanks again - on my work computer at the moment, so will try these suggestions later on before the computer gets launched!!!!

Archived