Tyson Fury

Nucky Thompson

Say What Again
It should be a good fight, on Friday, SS2 at 10pm.

Fury's heavily fancied by the bookies to beat McDonot. The best odds you can get on a Fury win are 1/5.

Shows you the state of the division that he's even getting discussed. Never a world champion( I did say that about Khan though:stuart:), Good domestic fighter, at the very most if he gets lucky he might challenge for European.

Nucky Thompson
Fury's heavily fancied by the bookies to beat McDonot. The best odds you can get on a Fury win are 1/5.
I can't seem to get odds on the William Hill site.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

He's got a great name for a boxer, but he's far from great. He'll do well domestically but that doesn't really say much does it. He'll probably win the WBU European title at best (ie the one no-one really cares about).

I'd take him to beat the fat lump McDermott though. Big Bad John is pony!!!!!

Shows you the state of the division that he's even getting discussed. Never a world champion( I did say that about Khan though:stuart:), Good domestic fighter, at the very most if he gets lucky he might challenge for European.

I agree, he might not be a world champion champion but I think he will certainly get a shot at one or two. I quite like the look of him so far and I liked it when he was fighting every two months or so. That's old school and I love that ****.

McDermott, although not great, is a good step up for Fury and should let us all see where he's at just now.

I fancy Fury to ko him in the 2nd half.

He's nothing special but the heavyweight division is horrific, being taller or just generally bigger than anyone else generally seems to be enough to win a title at the moment so wouldn't suprise me if he did pretty well.

Nucky Thompson
He's nothing special but the heavyweight division is horrific, being taller or just generally bigger than anyone else generally seems to be enough to win a title at the moment so wouldn't suprise me if he did pretty well.
I don't know how good a boxer he'll be, but I reckon he'll be one tough cookie. He's from a family of Irish travelers who were all bare knuckle fighters and boxers.

Nucky Thompson

All his opponents seem to crumple in a heap when he hit's them with a body shot.

His old man seems to have confidence in his ability :smiley2:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Not related, but I watched a program on ESPN classic last night about Mike Tyson. It featured his first 6 Pro fights. He was an absolute animal back then.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
He's so out of shape, it's embarassing.

He also punched himself in the face once!

Hahaha.

If you think he is out of shape, have you seen the nick of McDermott?! How did you feel after that Frazier docu, btw? What was your opinion on both fighters after watching it?

Hahaha.

If you think he is out of shape, have you seen the nick of McDermott?! How did you feel after that Frazier docu, btw? What was your opinion on both fighters after watching it?

Great programme. I've seen a couple things on Muhammed before.

My opinion is that Ali is a complete welt. I really can't see why he was so popular. He comes across as very arrogant, racist and had little respect for woman.

He was a great fighter though and could take a punch.

You have to feel for Frazier who is desperately punch drunk and doesn't have much cash by the look of it.

Has happened a million times before in boxing.

Nucky Thompson
The Board of Control are to hold a gearing into the result.

Hardly a surprise - just look at the reactions on this thread!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/8254923.stm

It was the wrong decision, just as it was the wrong decision for Fury's people to put him up against a tough fighter like McDermott so soon.

I still think Fury will grow from this though.

Chad Sexington

I've got time for Fury, he seems like a nice chap, but that result the other night was a scandal and Fury looked like a very limited fighter.

jack D and coke
He's so out of shape, it's embarassing.

He also punched himself in the face once!

That is f***** hilarious:laugh:

I've got time for Fury, he seems like a nice chap, but that result the other night was a scandal and Fury looked like a very limited fighter.

He also came across as a deluded, arrogant prat in his post fight interview.

Great name Tyson Fury, poor fighter (on this showing anyway).

His Uncle who trains him is called Hughie.

Hughie Fury!! Even better name

• 3 years later...
Dusk_Till_Dawn

Who thinks he can make the step up in class. The boy looks like he can be an awesome heavyweight but he seems to have a big mouth.

Are you having a laugh?

Nucky Thompson

Are you having a laugh?

That was three and a half years ago, but I still think he'll be World champ :10900:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

That was three and a half years ago, but I still think he'll be World champ :10900:

**** me, so it was.

Fury is a talentless idiot. The fact that he even has a chance of being a "world champ" is the most damning indictment of boxing you'll ever see.

Over the past 10 years I've seen countless fighters on the UK scene. I could list 50 with more talent than him without even thinking.

He is off his head and open to an overhand right constantly, but he is great to watch. Brings some badly needed excitement to the heavyweight division.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

He is off his head and open to an overhand right constantly, but he is great to watch. Brings some badly needed excitement to the heavyweight division.

The trouble is though, it's no better than a bar-room brawl. Kind of defeats the object of the sport.

Nucky Thompson

**** me, so it was.

Fury is a talentless idiot. The fact that he even has a chance of being a "world champ" is the most damning indictment of boxing you'll ever see.

Over the past 10 years I've seen countless fighters on the UK scene. I could list 50 with more talent than him without even thinking.

He doesn't have much talent but he's 6'9 with the heart of a lion. Good luck to him and the British Heayweight division I say

The trouble is though, it's no better than a bar-room brawl. Kind of defeats the object of the sport.

Aye, but watching the Klitchko's is like watching paint dry.

The heavyweight scene has been brutal for years now, the lower weights are where the fighters are.

Archived