Top 5 favourite players

Jeremy Goss

Who is everyones Top 5 favourite players of all time?

Not necessarily ability wise. Just players who you have admired and loved to watch over the years.

Heres mine.

1. John Robertson - need i say anymore!?

2. Paul Gascoigne - always loved his style on the ball. Footballing Genius.

3. Colin Cameron - Wee Mickey was a joy to watch, his engine was superb.

4. Paul Hartley - as above, like Mickey his desire and will to win.

5. Robbie Fowler - for his early years with the pool. Best natural finisher ive seen.

Neilson

Neilson

Neilson

Neilson

Neilson

:eek:

Nooooooo! Finally I thought there was going to be a thread about players without Neilson being mentioned but I was wrong. :mad:

loveofthegame

No particular order here and im only 20 so only going for players during my time:

1)Robbo- my boyhood hero growing up supporting the JT's

2)Ronaldo- always loved him. The Brazilian superstar of my time

3)Zidane- the best player i've ever seen in the flesh and best player of his time

4)Gerrard- Just love watching this guy play. Moments like FA Cup Final v West Ham, Olympiakos goal, even last nights goal against Inter out of nothing. Great player.

5) Rudi Skacel- controversial but the best natural ability of anyone i've ever seen play for Hearts. What a joy it was to turn up and watch him, even if it was only for 1 season. He really made me 'believe'

So many others ive loved- Cantona, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Neil McCann, Colin Cameron, Craig Gordon, Schmeichel, Shearer, the list is almost endless

Guest S.U.S.S.
Nooooooo! Finally I thought there was going to be a thread about players without Neilson being mentioned but I was wrong. :mad:

Eh, Eh, Eh, Its Bob Neilson from eh, My local works team, honest.;)

Top 3 would definitely be

1/ Robbo

2/ JC

3/ Mickey Cameron

I couldn't pick the last 2 as there are so many others that could fill the two places.

Guys like Henry Smith, Craig Levein, Big Davie McPherson, Antti Niemi, Pasquale Bruno, Gilles Rousset, Gary McKay would all have a serious claim to them.

When you've been watching Hearts as long as I have, it is very difficult to narrow it down to five, but here goes.

Willie Bauld.

Dave Mackay.

John Cumming.

Willie Hamilton.

John Robertson.

Special mention for: Jimmy Wardhaugh, Alex Young, Willie Wallace, Bobby Prentice, Donald Ford, John Colqhoun, Dave MacPherson, Giles Rousset, Thomas Flogel & Neil McCann.

Given more time I could come up with many more.

When you've been watching Hearts as long as I have, it is very difficult to narrow it down to five, but here goes.

Willie Bauld.

Dave Mackay.

John Cumming.

Willie Hamilton.

John Robertson.

Special mention for: Jimmy Wardhaugh, Alex Young, Willie Wallace, Bobby Prentice, Donald Ford, John Colqhoun, Dave MacPherson, Giles Rousset, Thomas Flogel & Neil McCann.

Given more time I could come up with many more.

Amazin. True Hearts Legends there. My Dad has always said Willie Hamilton was the greatest Hearts player he has seen.

1)Shearer

2)Adam

3)Zidane

4)Naysmith

5)Morten Gamst Pedersen

I am only 15 though so these are just players from my lifetime.

Robbo

Cantona

Maradonna

Dalgliesh

Zico (the Brazilian one, no offence Walter)

It's funny seeing the wee man's name in amongst that list of footballing giants!

In no order

Robbo - Hearts. Obvious reasons

Stampy - Hearts. Just for the last minute goal at Easter road

Hartley - Hearts. The guy was top notch for us and still doesn't have a bad word to say unlike captain fantastic

Gordon - Hearts. Top keeper and has the club at heart

Ronnie MacQuilter - Stirling Albion. Idolised him as a 7 year old. Hard as nails no nonsense centre back

1. Dave Mackay even though I never saw him play.

2. John Robertson - how he LOVED it when he scored a goal!

3. Gary Mackay - his passion for Hearts.

4. Drew Busby - hard man who had really god technical skill as well.

5. Craig Gordon - he just filled you with confidence.

(6. Thomas Flogel - such skill)

(7. Willie Gibson - Will o' the Wisp)

(8. Elvis - maybe not politically correct to mention him, but he controlled a team so well.)

(9. Jim Jefferies - one of my first heroes)

(10. Keeping this space bank in honour of every Hearts player who ever tried their hardest for the team.)

Worldwide:

1. Ronaldo. Pre-injuries he was a breathtaking player and supreme finisher. Post-injury he was only world class.

2. Keane: Leader of men and the prototype for the modern day midfielder. Those who dont like him still secretly respect him.

3. C. Ronaldo: Like nothing i've ever seen before. Has the lot.

4. Maldini: Still not broken a sweat and he's playing since I was in nappies.

5. Zidane: world class footballer who managed to pull it off with the graze of a ballet dancer.

Others worth a mention: Cafu, Carlos, Henry, Larsson, RVN, Kaka, Scholes, Gazza, Matt Le Tiss, Klinsmann, Romario

Hearts: 1. Niemi: Some of his saves just defied belief.

2. Robbo: nuff said

3. Levein: Great defender but the first I can recall (in my time) that was lightening quick.

4. McCann (first time round): Deserves to be in for that Coca Cola cup final alone.

5. Mickey Cameron: Just pips Hartley.

Other notable ommissions: Gordon, Pressley, Maclaren, Naiysmith, Flogel, Rudi

1. Dave Mackay even though I never saw him play.

2. John Robertson - how he LOVED it when he scored a goal!

3. Gary Mackay - his passion for Hearts.

4. Drew Busby - hard man who had really god technical skill as well.

5. Craig Gordon - he just filled you with confidence.

(6. Thomas Flogel - such skill)

(7. Willie Gibson - Will o' the Wisp)

(8. Elvis - maybe not politically correct to mention him, but he controlled a team so well.)

(9. Jim Jefferies - one of my first heroes)

(10. Keeping this space bank in honour of every Hearts player who ever tried their hardest for the team.)[/quote

like that:)

Robbo - goalscorer supreme

John Colquhoun - wing wizard

Peter Beardsley - absolute magician, even now in his 40s when playing in those Masters tournaments

(Sir) Les Ferdinand - sheer class and a true gentleman

Colin Cameron - watched him coming up through the Fife youth ranks and was well chuffed when he signed for the Rovers and even more so when he went on to do so well at Hearts

markletissier

following the flock but colin cameron is there for me but here's another 5.

1. Matt Le Tissier - my favourite player of all time, lazy & out of shape, but more talent in his big toe than most players.

2. Jurgen Klinsmann - absolute legend, his celebration caused my mum to have severe grief with a heavy washload.

3. Gheorgie Hagi - loved the way he played, his vision was excepetional.

4. Dimitar Berbatov - big fan of this guy, seems to take complete contro ofl every spurs game.

5. Zvonimir Boban - in a word 'immense'.

RunrigLovinJambo

No order...

Giles Rousset (always one of my favourite players when I was a kid)

Robert Tomaschek (see above)

Oliver Kahn (39 and still playing...amazing talent, love watching him, shame it's his last season)

Robbo (no reason needed!)

Tierry Henry (absolute class)

Amazin. True Hearts Legends there. My Dad has always said Willie Hamilton was the greatest Hearts player he has seen.

Your Dad was right.

He could do some amazing things, but I think I'm right in saying he was held back by health problems. He seemed unable to sustain form game after game. His solo performance one floodlit game against a touring Russian side,(Moscow Torpedo I think), was utterly amazing. I don't remember details of the score, etc.(Maybe someone can enlighten us), but he almost beat them on his own. He, unfortunately, died fairly young.

We Hearts followers don't have regular titles and trophies to celebrate, but we do have special nights like that one, and special players to reminisce about. Makes it all worthwhile.

The trophies, when they come, are all the sweeter.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Robbo

Zidane

Bergkamp

Ronaldo

and right now I go out of my way to watch Cristiano Ronaldo - superb.

Hearts:

1. Busby

2. Robbo

3. Cameron

4. Niemi

5. In agreement with a previous poster...ALL Hearts players who gave their lot for the jersey.

Other:

The usual Maradona, Ronaldhino etc. But I'd like to also say Johan Cryuff and the dutch team from 1970's. Fantastic team IMO, and it was a crying shame they didn't lift the unltimate prize.

Lynn:ninja:

Hard to pick five but

Eddie Thomson

Jim Cruikshank

Robbo

JC

Steve Fulton

but feel bad about leaving out Gary McKay, Craig Levein, Steven Pressley, Donald Ford, three or four goalkeepers and a hundred others.

My Dad always says that as well. He laughs at me when I say John Colquhoun is my favourite player of all time because he thinks Willie Hamilton is the most naturally gifted player he's ever seen. Including Best, Ronaldinho and Henry.

crazy_jambo_2006

NHMFC

1. ZIDANE!!!! genius

2. Gascoigne (brilliant)

3. Giggs (general brilliance)

4. Le Tissier (brilliant goals and loyal to a small club)

5. Beckham (great player and would never be in America if McLaren hadn't originally binned him from England squad - I believe he moved to America when he believed he had no future with England)

Geoff Kilpatrick

All-time:

George Best

Pat Jennings

Bryan Robson

Norman Whiteside

Zico

For HMFC:

Robbo

Craig Levein

Colin Cameron

Craig Gordon

Gilles Rousset

sergent garcia

jorge campos (the reason why for five seconds in my life i wanted to be goalkeeper)

zidane ( i dont remember pele, maradona etc, so was the most skilfull player i ever saw)

luis "lucho" enrique (i kinda hate barca but i liked this guy)

roberto baggio (for obvious reasons)

valdas ivanauskas (just wanted to add one lith was calm like a bomb:)

In no particular order:

Drew Busby

Peter Osgood

John Robertson

Franz Beckenbauer

Luigi Riva

Walter Kidd

I puit Wattie down as my favourite player when I joined the Hearts Junior Club many, many moons ago.

Oh the embarrassment :o

Hearts:

Colin Cameron

John Robertson

Taksi Fyssas

Edgaras Jankauskas

Rudi Skacel

Non-Hearts:

Gheorge Hagi

Ronaldo (the roly poly one, not the poofy one)

Paolo Maldini

Zenidine Zidane

James Mcfadden

Non-Hearts

Henry - great goal scorer

Larsson - always scored against us but could not doubt his ability or fail to like the man

Zidane - one of the best, ever

Giggs - loyalty, commitment & no lack of ability

Maradona - purely for ability and the 'Hand of God' game

And for Hearts

Levein - classy player

Flogel - left me amazed by an outstanding display at Pittodrie

Colquhoun - neds little explanation

Alan McLaren - a very strong defender, would have been world class if not for injury

John Millar - always committed and scored a few too.

Archived