Was it a penalty ?

gregzy2k7

Ryan Gosling

Obviously a grainy video on the computer is more trustworthy that the 2000 Hearts fans (including myself) who can confirm Nade was fouled.

stonewall penalty ,poor nade is an easy target for the slimy media , now, clowns like hugh keevins are calling him a diving cheat. the media were on the blind side of the incident but still accused nade of cheating.

if we ever get a penalty we will either be 3-0 up at the time or it will be a two handed save on the goal line.

Now i`ve seen the highlights i thought it was a shocking decision by the ref, actually two.

Defo a pen so obviously not a dive. The goalie was right under Nade FFS, it`s not as if he pulled out the challenge or dived to the side.

Now i`ve seen the highlights i thought it was a shocking decision by the ref, actually two.

Defo a pen so obviously not a dive. The goalie was right under Nade FFS, it`s not as if he pulled out the challenge or dived to the side.

The media, as maybe expected, have judged Nade almost before they have seen it !

They are trying to give us all the impression that Main has somehow gone "Ole" , stepped aside and and Nade has flown through the air of his accord ?

It's nothing like that and is DEFFO more Pen than not !

Certainly a better claim that Rooney as it looks to me like he catches Nade about knee height as he slides by

Honestly, if that was balogh or Kello I would be accepting a penalty award against us and bemoaning the fact that the keeper had slid in, giving the ref such an Easy decision !

Lets get this straight -- if a goalkeeper is stupid enough to go to ground and attempt to win the ball and then does not touch the ball but catches the player whether the ball was past him or not it is a fair chance to be a penalty.

Nade was touched -- the goalkeeper helped bring him down and did not touch the ball -- did any of you see Rooney penalty at weekend -- Nade's was more of a claim than that one.

You need to remember, we are supporting Hearts here so, no matter how much contact was made, it wasn't a penalty :oldsad:

However, if it had been Kenny Miller going down under a challenge from Balogh, then it would be a definate penalty and a red card for Balogh!

We are not part of the old firm and we are one of the teams threatening to split them - So we shouldn't expect to get decisions like that from the SFA referees!

:hang:

Given the publicity sky are giving diving this week I must have seen it 20 and its a blatent dive by nade, almost embarrasing. Its just a good job mcgeady got sent for his which is the one they're mainly focussing on because nade would be getting some stick otherwise.

Given the publicity sky are giving diving this week I must have seen it 20 and its a blatent dive by nade, almost embarrasing. Its just a good job mcgeady got sent for his which is the one they're mainly focussing on because nade would be getting some stick otherwise.

Total rubbish. I was at the game and directly in front of the incident. I don't need 20 views of a dodgy camera angle to tell me if it was, or not, a penalty. It was a stonewaller. I watched Main closely after Nade was booked and two, or possibly three times, he shook hands with him as Nade was running away after being booked, then he looked over at the linesman and gave him a big grin. Main knew it was a penalty. So did every Hearts fan who was close enough to see the incident clearly. To say that it was embarrassing is ludicrous, but I suspect you are on the wind-up here.

Did the keeper go to ground? - Yes

Did he win the ball? - No

Did he touch the Hearts player? - Yes

Is it a penalty? - Hell yes!!!

Simples.

Did the keeper go to ground? - Yes

Did he win the ball? - No

Did he touch the Hearts player? - Yes

Is it a penalty? - Hell yes!!!

Simples.

And a match changing red card.

stirlingshirejambo

there is no element of doubt

rounds keeper , keeper goes to ground, keeper makes contact with player . Penalty.

They can show whatever ngles they like on BBC. Behind goal front row was enough to know stick on penalty and a red card,

As for highlights showing Main and Nade shaking hands that was a long time after incident. Referee took an age to make call and Nade looking sorry, no he was looking bemused. He'd already vented his anger and having just received a yellow was maybe being sensible and not turning it into a red.

Cant understand how some are seeing it as a blatant dive. I've only seen the highlights on the BBC website but there definitely looks like contact to me, therefore penalty. Perhaps not "stonewall" but not far from it !

Come on SFA - why cant we appeal blatantly wrong yellows FFS !

I had a far better view at the game than either of the cameras and it was definitely a penalty. As for Nade's reaction, if Dougie MacDonald had been the ref, Nade would have got a second yellow for dissent and been off.

Sunday's pen was not IMHO of the stonewall variety. It was certainly nowhere near as much of a penalty as the one Dougie McHobo denied us on May 13 2006 where again Alan Main was the perp.

Nade is to blame for not getting the pen. He was fouled, however he made an over-theatric plunge to the ground. This made up the ref's mind that it was a dive so no pen was given. If Nade had made an attempt to stay on his feet and go for the ball then we might have got the correct award.

My first reaction was that it was a dive (although to be fair I wasn't behind the goal) and IMO TV replays seem to confirm this.

Quote from Patrick Barclay of the Times from Sky Sports Website - Sunday Supplement page

"Cry-babies

Barclay believes Wenger has every right to defend Eduardo against the UEFA charge, but he insists the Frenchman has to change his point of attack.

The Times' chief correspondent believes 'winning' penalties is part of the game, and he urged Britain as a nation to lose its almost xenophobic-like obsession with diving.

"I think Scotland is a wonderful footballing country, but they're acting like cry-babies about the Eduardo incident at the moment. There was more of an ordeal over Eduardo maybe diving than there was over him having his leg smashed. That sums up the hypocrisy to me.

"Where Arsene Wenger is wrong is when he brings Wayne Rooney in to defend his argument. Winning penalties is part of the game, if you're hit you've got no obligation to stay on your feet.

"Manuel Almunia acknowledged his own mistake with his pathetically bad acting. He should have seen red for that alone! He should have known Rooney would find that pace*.

"But to say Rooney should have stayed on his feet in that instance is like suggesting Diego Maradona should not have run so fast against England in the World Cup.

"Britain has a habit of getting obsessed with diving.""

I still think the Nade incident is similar to Rooney's penalty.

* This does not apply to the Nade incident!

Quote from Patrick Barclay of the Times from Sky Sports Website - Sunday Supplement page

"Cry-babies

Barclay believes Wenger has every right to defend Eduardo against the UEFA charge, but he insists the Frenchman has to change his point of attack.

The Times' chief correspondent believes 'winning' penalties is part of the game, and he urged Britain as a nation to lose its almost xenophobic-like obsession with diving.

"I think Scotland is a wonderful footballing country, but they're acting like cry-babies about the Eduardo incident at the moment. There was more of an ordeal over Eduardo maybe diving than there was over him having his leg smashed. That sums up the hypocrisy to me.

"Where Arsene Wenger is wrong is when he brings Wayne Rooney in to defend his argument. Winning penalties is part of the game, if you're hit you've got no obligation to stay on your feet.

"Manuel Almunia acknowledged his own mistake with his pathetically bad acting. He should have seen red for that alone! He should have known Rooney would find that pace*.

"But to say Rooney should have stayed on his feet in that instance is like suggesting Diego Maradona should not have run so fast against England in the World Cup.

"Britain has a habit of getting obsessed with diving.""

I still think the Nade incident is similar to Rooney's penalty.

* This does not apply to the Nade incident!

I'm not sure what that boy is trying to say here ?

Maybe he meant to say Maradona's goal was quite fair because Shilton should have seen his ( diego's ) arm coming and simply got HIS arm to the ball quicker ??

As for Xenophobic ?................I was berating Rangers players for diving long before we had a feckin colour telly so the 'continental' aspect doesn't entirely wash with me

And yes, Nade's penalty was a better claim than Rooney's ever was !

No penalty

Well aye, that was certainly the Refs decision.

I trust then that you will be fully supportive of Kello, balogh or McDonald if in future they dive IN THE VICINITY of an opponents legs in similar fashion and the ref awards a spot kick ?

Amoruso Lets it Run ...

Stonewaller. Main no where near the ball and takes Nade out.

Just surprised it wasn't awarded then rescinded.

Every other team in the SPL would have got the penalty with a red for our keeper.

Archived