Was it a penalty ?

gregzy2k7

Sierra Delta

Looked like a penalty from where I was. Hopefully the BBC highlights will be up later tonight.

Already this season we have been denied 3 penalties, all good shouts:

1: SUSO vs DUFC

2: Wittenveen vs Rangers

3: Nade vs St Johnstone

Yet in those same games we've had 2 "soft" penalties awarded against us, one of which was clearly shown to be outside the box.

But hey, these things even themselves out over the season...don't they?

Thunderstruck

Yet in those same games we've had 2 "soft" penalties awarded against us, one of which was clearly shown to be outside the box.

Indeed they will. All other 8 of our opponents will get a pen against us so they're not at a disadvantage.

Not even worth the debate. Stonewall penalty.

Not sure where we go now then ?

The ref could have let it go .......and by the sound of it neither he nor the LM had a feckin clue anyway. However it looks like Simulation is the hot topic for this month and the ref has just toed the party line:43:

So thats another yellow for us, which we can't appeal .............case closed !

Cheers GS ...........you feckin ersepiece

maltese jambo

Nade dived in my opinion. Think the clue was in the fact that he went on for about 1 second after the keeper dived at his feet.

I was sitting right in line and it looked an absolute 100% penalty! The ref looked towards the linesman and he took so long to make up his mind it was embarrassing. IMO this meant that he was guessing but got it totally wrong. Shafted?

I was sitting right in line and it looked an absolute 100% penalty! The ref looked towards the linesman and he took so long to make up his mind it was embarrassing. IMO this meant that he was guessing but got it totally wrong. Shafted?

the linesman flagged for something but i didnt notice the ref looking at him. i agree that the ref was guessing due to the time he took to make a decision and listening to the players.

Saw it on Sky Sports News earlier. One of those we'll argue is a pen, they'll argue it isn't. Truth somewhere in between no pen but no dive.

But the SFA refs who got a caution for simulation in their match report this week will no doubt get a gold star.

the incident was just on skysports news. looked a definite penalty, the goalie took nades left leg. i think he was booked after smiths comments about eduardo, which made the ref think twice about the incident.

happened in front of us, and yes, i think it was definitely a penalty

Did you have a "if only these were brains" tshirt on? If so, i was a few rows behind you.

Anyways...... on the nade incident, looked like a fairly clear penalty to me.

However - i reckon the Samuel hand ball incident was an even better shout to be honest.

Dr Ian Malcolm
Did you have a "if only these were brains" tshirt on? If so, i was a few rows behind you.

However - i reckon the Samuel hand ball incident was an even better shout to be honest.

Had a great view of the Samuel one - for me it hit him in the face.

yes, that was me!

I was in the opposite stand, and from there it looked a penalty.

The linesman did NOT give it, he stayed on his line.

(wondering what to do ! )

The Ref made the (wrong) call on his own, then (IMO) had to and "justify" NOT giving the penalty, by accusing (and booking) Nade for diving.

I was the wrong end of the ground, and haven't seen it on TV, but that was my take on it.

Indeed they will. All other 8 of our opponents will get a pen against us so they're not at a disadvantage.

LOL :10900:

I was in the opposite stand, and from there it looked a penalty.

The linesman did NOT give it, he stayed on his line.

(wondering what to do ! )

The Ref made the (wrong) call on his own, then (IMO) had to and "justify" NOT giving the penalty, by accusing (and booking) Nade for diving.

I was the wrong end of the ground, and haven't seen it on TV, but that was my take on it.

Thats how i saw it and i was in the right end of the ground.I will go as far and say that that linesmen was as bad as it gets.He never noticed a lot of fouls.Stonewaller not helped by Main laughing at getting away with it.

I had an excellent view of the incident and it was a clear penalty. The only question should have been what colour of card Main received.

The Old Tolbooth

Definite penalty, no question, I was about 10 yards away from it and had a superb view of it, the keeper definitely caught Nade when he was trying to waddle past him.

Think about it, there was absolutely no reason for him to go down, he was clean through on an open goal and only had to tap it into an empty net, why would anyone go down in that position unless you were trying to get their keeper sent off? Even then there's a risk you could miss the penalty, so it still makes no sense whatsoever!

Harry Kinnear

Right in front of us and even if we are biased looked a penalty, nade even went down in instalments rather than dive, main definately made contact and impeded nade, surprised main's arm isn't bruised from the contact

JamboRossi79
I would compare it to Rooney's against Arsenal. Was very much looking for it but there was contact so penalty.

Would agree with that as that I is exactly what I saw from my seat, stonewaller and was flabbergasted when we didn't get it (although why I am surprised any more is beyond me)

I will also say that the linesman DID flag but not for the pen as the flag didn't go across his chest, I reckon it was his decision as ref wasn't sure from fairly far away.

Linesman GTF, that is who my anger was directed at.

I would compare it to Rooney's against Arsenal. Was very much looking for it but there was contact so penalty.

That's what I was waiting to compare it to. I was in the opposite stand so I will hold judgement. Every pundit I have heard (MOTD, the reporter programme on sky on a sunday morning) say that it is part of the game (a skill no less!) where a goalkeeper offers the chance to take a tumble if there is a touch in these situations.

Bring on the highlights and I we'll see.

Main didn't get anywhere near the ball and made sure he caught Nade. Don't know why there is any debate about it.

I have seen it on SSN, clear cut as any. Don't be surprised if it doesn't appear on the BBC high-lights package.

Dont suppose there will be any action against Main, who did his best to get Nade booked and then laughed away as he was taking the bye kick. If tv proves that he did take Nade down is there not a case to have Main for cheating and influencing a poor decision from the Ref?

Just a thought!

Just a thought after watching the highlights!!!

Did you see Main and Nade "shaking" hands after Nade was booked?

That to me seems to suggest more that there was some contact, and watching the highlights, it seemed most of main's actions were directed at the linesman not to give the penalty rather than to get nade booked.

Gods a Jambo

I had hoped to view the incident and be in no doubt that it was a pen, however, having seen the incident i am under the impression that nade took a dive. There was minimal contact, but nade was not cute enough and instead went down in stages.

His reaction after the incident says it all, main is going ape ****e yet nade just sits there on the ground showing little or no emotion. To add insult to injury nade actually appears to be saying sorry to main after he is booked.

Having seen it again I'm still convinced it was a stonewall penalty.

Much the same as Rooneys vs Arsenal.

I suggest those who say it wasn't a penalty compare it to the Rooney incident v Arsenal - most pundits are in agreement that it was good play by Rooney to anticipate the challenge by Almudia and play for the penalty.

Can't see much difference here - there does appear to be contact.

Going back to the Rooney incident - there was a discussion on sky sports (sunday supplement) and they all agreed there is sometimes more of a furore depending on who allegedly dives i.e. british v foreign.

maroonlegions

Having just watched it 3 times i think Nade was clipped not when Main went to ground early or in the first instance but when he was already grounded and Nade had the chance to keep on going and round Main.I think Main had realised that he went to ground too early and caught Nade seconds after he first went to ground.:th_o:

Having just seen it in slow motion on SSN, its never a penalty, Nade knew he wasnt going to make the ball after his touch, so went down.

His reaction after the incident says it all, main is going ape ****e yet nade just sits there on the ground showing little or no emotion. To add insult to injury nade actually appears to be saying sorry to main after he is booked.

If you'd been at the game you'd have seen the full reaction rather than the edited version.

Can assure you Nade didnt take it lying down if you'll pardon the pun.

Gods a Jambo
If you'd been at the game you'd have seen the full reaction rather than the edited version.

Can assure you Nade didnt take it lying down if you'll pardon the pun.

Fair play mate, as i can accept 100% the bbc will have edited that nicely to fit in with commentators assesment. However, iam not convinced its a penalty from the angle shown.

Having not been there, I cannot claim to have had a better view than those at the game. From the television replay I can only say that I am not sure. I tend to think that if it takes two or three replays to make your mind up that you can understand if it is not given.

IMO, none of those looked penalties. Jonsson's challenge on Cadermarteri was a stone wall penalty and the penalty that R@ng*rs got was a foul but outside the box. Much like above, my first thought on the R@ng*rs penalty was that it was in the box, I only worked out it was out the box at the end of the game.

shaun.lawson
Having not been there, I cannot claim to have had a better view than those at the game. From the television replay I can only say that I am not sure. I tend to think that if it takes two or three replays to make your mind up that you can understand if it is not given.

IMO, none of those looked penalties. Jonsson's challenge on Cadermarteri was a stone wall penalty and the penalty that R@ng*rs got was a foul but outside the box. Much like above, my first thought on the R@ng*rs penalty was that it was in the box, I only worked out it was out the box at the end of the game.

I agree with everything you've said. Having watched the replays several times, I can't detect contact between Main and Nade: at the very least, it's open to plenty of doubt. And of the three incidents combo listed, I'd say the Suso one at Tannadice was the strongest case; but none of them were that strong TBH.

I had a far better view at the game than either of the cameras and it was definitely a penalty. As for Nade's reaction, if Dougie MacDonald had been the ref, Nade would have got a second yellow for dissent and been off.

Archived