Time to actively protest to get Romanov out??

The Broo

shaun.lawson

If people are genuinely content with Thursday's mutual back slapping between fans and players then good luck to them...but ask yourself how Rangers and Celtic fans would view Thursday in the same situation.

Winners demand success.

You see Enzo, I'm a pretty ****ed off Hearts fan at the moment; especially so with Vlad. But when I see comments like the above, or others which talk about how we should be challenging the OF, and it's a loser's mentality not to, it cracks me up.

What on earth do people like you want? You castigate Vlad for the debt, then complain when we don't spend money we don't have in the vain hope of pursuing two massively bigger clubs. Does a mid-table EPL club expect to win the league, and throw money they don't have at it? Do even Tottenham or Villa expect to win the league? Does their failure to expect it or even consider it for a moment reflect a loser's mentality on their part too?

Hearts have won the title four times in our entire history. We've not done so for what will be half a century by the end of this season; and haven't still been in contention over the last two or three games since 1985/6. It's a dream to finally do it: the dream of every Jambo. But it's highly unlikely, and even less feasible.

All I want is for the club to be run properly: with a steady hand on the tiller and for the manager to be allowed to do his job to the best of his ability. We finished 3rd last season; and quite frankly, whenever we're third, I don't think any Hearts fan could seriously complain. It is total and utter nonsense to call for protests off the back of not challenging the OF, and shows you've learned precisely nothing from our chronic overstretch under both Robinson and Romanov.

The fans will only protest en masse if the very existence of the club is in clear peril. It's the same with most fans of most clubs up and down the land. That's the reality; and if you don't like it, tough.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris Benoit

Summed it up perfectly Shaun, i've yet to hear anyone give a legitimate reason for protest, not trying to say all is rosey in the garden but there are far more clubs in a worse position than ourselves

The last few days continue to show that whilst Romanov is running Hearts the club will not be able to function like our rivals in the SPL. There will continue to be no stability and Romanov will continue to undermine any manager we have (if they dare to be independent).

Has the time come to accept that we are actually not better off with Romanov in charge? I know lots of folk will come on here and say who else is there, but that didn't stop us protesting against Robinson when we were unhappy. I think the only possible chance we have of getting rid of the ego (romanov) is to start protests at games and hope that over time he gets the message that the supporters will not back Hearts whilst he retains ownership... I know its a risky strategy but surely we have to try to do something???

Shut up

I'm just hoping i out last the foreign ***** & see hearts return to better leadership with many nights like thursday in the future

You see Enzo, I'm a pretty ****ed off Hearts fan at the moment; especially so with Vlad. But when I see comments like the above, or others which talk about how we should be challenging the OF, and it's a loser's mentality not to, it cracks me up.

What on earth do people like you want? You castigate Vlad for the debt, then complain when we don't spend money we don't have in the vain hope of pursuing two massively bigger clubs. Does a mid-table EPL club expect to win the league, and throw money they don't have at it? Do even Tottenham or Villa expect to win the league? Does their failure to expect it or even consider it for a moment reflect a loser's mentality on their part too?

Hearts have won the title four times in our entire history. We've not done so for what will be half a century by the end of this season; and haven't still been in contention over the last two or three games since 1985/6. It's a dream to finally do it: the dream of every Jambo. But it's highly unlikely, and even less feasible.

All I want is for the club to be run properly: with a steady hand on the tiller and for the manager to be allowed to do his job to the best of his ability. We finished 3rd last season; and quite frankly, whenever we're third, I don't think any Hearts fan could seriously complain. It is total and utter nonsense to call for protests off the back of not challenging the OF, and shows you've learned precisely nothing from our chronic overstretch under both Robinson and Romanov.

The fans will only protest en masse if the very existence of the club is in clear peril. It's the same with most fans of most clubs up and down the land. That's the reality; and if you don't like it, tough.

Good post Shaun. I agree with what you are saying, but I stated in my first post that I didn't think that a protest would work. I also don't expect or demand that the OF be seriously challenged. Although with the respective squads, I think we are maybe only a decent striker away from doing so.

My reference to Rangers and Celtic related to how they would view a 4-2 defeat on aggregate in Europe. Probably as a defeat to be forgotten. Some posters on here seem to have Thursday night down as a Euro night to be remembered. We lost the tie and the players made slight amends for what was a disgraceful performance the week before.

My gripe is that Romanov always intervenes at times where there is the slightest hint of success on the horizon and he did it again yesterday.

shaun.lawson
Good post Shaun. I agree with what you are saying, but I stated in my first post that I didn't think that a protest would work. I also don't expect or demand that the OF be seriously challenged. Although with the respective squads, I think we are maybe only a decent striker away from doing so.

My reference to Rangers and Celtic related to how they would view a 4-2 defeat on aggregate in Europe. Probably as a defeat to be forgotten. Some posters on here seem to have Thursday night down as a Euro night to be remembered. We lost the tie and the players made slight amends for what was a disgraceful performance the week before.

My gripe is that Romanov always intervenes at times where there is the slightest hint of success on the horizon and he did it again yesterday.

That's my gripe too. In terms of Thursday night: it was a massive improvement on what had gone before over the previous week. But Rangers and Celtic have higher expectations in Europe because they're massively bigger clubs - and can therefore afford higher expectations! It's that simple.

DuffKirkMacKenzie
It earns us kudos ...nothing more. I want success...do you think Rangers or Celtic view a last day 5-0 win that still costs them the title, any differently from a draw. Thursday got us no points, no goal difference and, unless you read a different paper from me Dave...no place in Friday's draw.

The Celtic view is probably not one to rely on. They, apparently were of the view that if Arsenal had not scored from a dubious penalty, then they (Celtic) would have went on to qualify for the next stage of the Champions League, despite the fact that they were beaten 5 - 1 over the two legs. Their protest would suggest that anyway.:th_o:

Francis Albert
FA

Yes...but it was all so sadly lacking exactly 1 week before where we witnessed one of the worst performances , in terms of effort and desire, ever produced by a Scottish team in Europe.

Oh come on. Worse than losing to Vectra Vilnius or FKB Kaunus?

Francis Albert
Anyway, surely Francis Albert is the real "non sequitur" as he randomly pointed out how I should refer to Liths, contrary to the actual point of the argument.

I addressed the "point" of your "argument" such as it was. My "Lithuanian" point was by the way, as no doubt was your "Lith" comment.

Not a fan of Vlad in the slightest but if we protested and he walked away we could end up in deep ****. Like most I don't know the ins and outs of all the financial goings on but it seems as long as he's here we are safe from the banks pulling the plug.

shaun.lawson
Not, nor ever having been a student of Latin, what the F does that mean?

:hat2:

Non sequitur means literally "it does not follow" - so applies to something which seems completely out of context, often in a bizarre way.

shaun.lawson
Very "clever" response, probably garnered from a period of learning at the London School of Economics where everyone passed with flying colours, there were no failures and everyone became a fully fledged theorist with no idea of the real world.

Anyway, surely Francis Albert is the real "non sequitur" as he randomly pointed out how I should refer to Liths, contrary to the actual point of the argument.

Wrong. I did my Masters there, and plenty of people failed. Nice to know you're so down on universities, incidentally.

Very "clever" response, probably garnered from a period of learning at the London School of Economics where everyone passed with flying colours, there were no failures and everyone became a fully fledged theorist with no idea of the real world.

Where did you score your Masters, then? ;)

Billy the Jambo
Couldn't agree more - the man is slowly but surely killing our club. His stewardship of the club has been an unmitigated disaster. He has slowly but surely sold, fired, or forced out our top players and anyone on and off the park who showed any sign of leadership or vision. He has replaced them with 2nd rate duds and injury prone wasters who were/are on ridiculous salaries that are causing our great club to bleed to death. The quality of the squad and the spirit in the squad has been slowly diminished since this madman took over. The debt is now unsustainable and is increasing by the day. The figures at the next year end will be frightening.

Csaba has made great strides over the last year to improving on the field matters...but what happens, Vlad again pulls the rug from under his feet. The only positive? from this is that a pattern is starting to develop and Romanov''s behaviour is becoming slightly clearer. He is frightened of success and acts to stop it the minute there is any scent of success in the air. He has done this consistently since the Burley days. I can't answer why....but it is now clear that he doesn't want success of any kind.

I don't think a protest will work but, hopefully, if the last remaining Romanov supporters finally wake up and see that the blame lies squarely with him, instead of Hibs.net, the SFA, referees or the press then maybe, maybe it will unite the support and help us in the long run rid ourselves of this man and get our great club back.

Well said sir agree 100%

The last few days continue to show that whilst Romanov is running Hearts the club will not be able to function like our rivals in the SPL. There will continue to be no stability and Romanov will continue to undermine any manager we have (if they dare to be independent).

Has the time come to accept that we are actually not better off with Romanov in charge? I know lots of folk will come on here and say who else is there, but that didn't stop us protesting against Robinson when we were unhappy. I think the only possible chance we have of getting rid of the ego (romanov) is to start protests at games and hope that over time he gets the message that the supporters will not back Hearts whilst he retains ownership... I know its a risky strategy but surely we have to try to do something???

No chance of you or anyone else on this forum organising a protest. This forum is well known for being nothing more than a bunch of whingeing curmudgeons and would be keyboard warriors.

What stability will there be if Romanov decides to leave and sells Tynecaslte to rocoup some of his investment?

Those suggesting that Mr Romanov should go need to take a long hard look at themselves. He saved Heart of Midlothian FC and without his backing we would be insolvent. :smiley2:

How's it going Crewetoll?

Sad thing is, if you hadn't gone down the route of "incognito" you would have got an honest answer.

Most Hearts fans are fed up with Vlad and have been for some time.

Mostly there are supporters and guys who want him out. There are very few in between - I'm in that group personally. He's done some good and a fair bit of bad.

There is next to no chance of him going quietly or anyone buying him out for the time being. Recession and debt being the two main factors.

So, any other questions before you are launched?

Crewelollhibb, you are a complete and utter arse and hope you spend the rest of your life being chased by naked yogi

ToadKiller Dog
The EUROPEAN UNION is a wonderful place.

Chill guys - this is under the control of our BUDGET

Thats good news ,the EU have given Kickback permission to start deporting Hobos to the outer reaches of the Union ,Is it Romania that have found a mountain side to rehouse them :stuart: ?

OK, I will do it - who else?

shaun.lawson
Is Lacostelad still a regular on Hibs.net ?

He's not been on there in months, CB - and has as much contempt for that place now as most of us. Nor is he any of the posters on this thread: he's not been on JKB in ages either.

Nucky Thompson

The Hobos are desperate for Mr Romanov to jump ship, don't believe all this pish that they love him here because if his antics.

Archived