Time to actively protest to get Romanov out??

The Broo

The last few days continue to show that whilst Romanov is running Hearts the club will not be able to function like our rivals in the SPL. There will continue to be no stability and Romanov will continue to undermine any manager we have (if they dare to be independent).

Has the time come to accept that we are actually not better off with Romanov in charge? I know lots of folk will come on here and say who else is there, but that didn't stop us protesting against Robinson when we were unhappy. I think the only possible chance we have of getting rid of the ego (romanov) is to start protests at games and hope that over time he gets the message that the supporters will not back Hearts whilst he retains ownership... I know its a risky strategy but surely we have to try to do something???

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The last few days continue to show that whilst Romanov is running Hearts the club will not be able to function like our rivals in the SPL. There will continue to be no stability and Romanov will continue to undermine any manager we have (if they dare to be independent).

Has the time come to accept that we are actually not better off with Romanov in charge? I know lots of folk will come on here and say who else is there, but that didn't stop us protesting against Robinson when we were unhappy. I think the only possible chance we have of getting rid of the ego (romanov) is to start protests at games and hope that over time he gets the message that the supporters will not back Hearts whilst he retains ownership... I know its a risky strategy but surely we have to try to do something???

100% with you mate and have wanted everyone else to stand up and be counted for a long,long time. This cant go on any longer and it's about time people grew a set of balls and actively protest to get this idiot out of our club for good!!

Total waste of time.

Vlad is never here to see any protest and even if he was, he doesn't give a toss about the fans anyway. The only way he'll go is if someone buys him out.

and that ain't going to happen any time soon.

shaun.lawson
Total waste of time.

Vlad is never here to see any protest and even if he was, he doesn't give a toss about the fans anyway. The only way he'll go is if someone buys him out.

and that ain't going to happen any time soon.

What he said.

The White Cockade

Unless we have a backer with millions of pounds to buy him out it would be a complete waste of time

He wouldn't care less and he never comes to Edinburgh any more anyway so it would be futile

Seriously, when will this notion end?

Vlad doesn't give a **** what we think and will end his involvement when he wants.

Who would buy him out anyway?

Johanes de Silentio

In my opinion, a good few polls on JKB over the last week or so were intended to try and establish some sort of consensus for change.

Some people just cannot wait to say 'I told you so' and get the pitchforks out.

I'm not saying that Romanov is blameless, but you do get the impression sometimes that some people don't mind seeing the club in trouble if it can help them to look like 'the big man'.

Let's just wait and see, shall we - there's a game we need to win the morra! :2thumbsup:

No - well not yet, anyway - maybe we should wait until we see what happens with Csaba?

Is it not obvious whats happening with csaba-he's being undermined and made to look stupid like every other manager before him. HOW MANY CHANCES ARE YOU PREPARED TO GIVE HIM, GET A BLOODY GRIP FGS. Nothing personal against you mate,really it's not but people need to wake up to what's happening here!

Before Romanov came in, Hearts were a upper mid-table SPL club with an unsustainable debt, currently we are an upper mid-table with a unsustainable debt. I think a sense of perspective is required here, yes the way Romanov runs the club is ridiculous, but worth protesting about? Not at this stage. Ultimately the team is still competitive and without Romanov's financial backing, our team would be comprised entirely of youthful academy players.

I'd also be concerned about the ?17 million loan due for repayment in January. If Vlad was really irked by any protests, this could be used to effectively kill off the club. Until this is either re-financed or capitalised, everything should be kept in moderation.

30 posts, 14 posts both want to protest! Where's the rest of the new people to join in the protest ****e.

Thought this sort of thread would be on the way!

shaun.lawson

I'd also be concerned about the ?17 million loan due for repayment in January. If Vlad was really irked by any protests, this could be used to effectively kill off the club. Until this is either re-financed or capitalised, everything should be kept in moderation.

Very good point. When Newcastle fans protested against Ashley early last season, he took umbrage and the situation got a lot worse. Like many owners of many clubs in modern football, Vlad has us by the baws. Such is life.

Johanes de Silentio
Is it not obvious whats happening with csaba-he's being undermined and made to look stupid like every other manager before him. HOW MANY CHANCES ARE YOU PREPARED TO GIVE HIM, GET A BLOODY GRIP FGS. Nothing personal against you mate,really it's not but people need to wake up to what's happening here!

Quality 14th post! :2thumbsup:

What I'm saying is this:

Csaba wants talks with Romanov to clarify the situation - let's wait and see what happens.

If Csaba is actually forced out the door, then you can protest all you want - don't be surprised if Romanov slings you a deaf ear, though!

gorgie rd eh11

Do it. What's stopping you?

John Findlay

When it comes to a war between Csaba laslo and Vladimir Romanov there is only going to be one winner and it wont be Csaba Laslo.

He who pays the piper calls the tune. We may not like the tune he is paying for but, until someone else comes forward to pay the piper. Then we are status quo from 2004.

John

Genghis Khan
Do it. What's stopping you?

..or the 500 other people who have posted exactly the same thread. You would think if they were that interested, they could all get together.

Nucky Thompson
30 posts, 14 posts both want to protest! Where's the rest of the new people to join in the protest ****e.

Thought this sort of thread would be on the way!

It's been orchestrated from Hibs.net private members:10900:

Genghis Khan
It's been orchestrated from Hibs.net private members:10900:

What????? Well, I never....................

Think a big clue is the OP's name is actually the same as his location.

Hearts fans, IMO will only take part in active protests if the club is in imminent danger of going under. It isnt at the moment. We're in slight danger (IMO) of changing managers and that is nothing new at Hearts and nothing worth actively protesting about.

I cannot think of any protest action that is viable in terms of the vast majority of Hearts fans taking part in it AND which also could achieve the desired result (which would presumably be to remove Romanov yet keep the club alive and well)

Non starter until Romanov places the club in serious and imminent danger of ceasing to exist.

:hang:

MY DAD'S BETTER THAN YOUR DAD!!!!!!!!

What does it matter how many posts they've had??? Are they not allowed an opinion because you've had nearly 2000 posts? Maybe they just get out more often, or work harder (and dont sit at a computer all day!) Ive been a Hearts fan for about 30yrs, followed them home and away, in europe, in friendlies, in the cups, spent thousands of ?????'s, got the tattoos and the countless t-shirts, laughed, cried and probably ****ed myself coz of the Hearts! So i suppose as this is only about my 20th post am not a Hearts fan then??? ****!!!! :nah:

:qqb017:

30 posts' date=' 14 posts both want to protest! Where's the rest of the new people to join in the protest ****e.

What does it matter how many posts they've had??? Are they not allowed an opinion because you've had nearly 2000 posts? Maybe they just get out more often, or work harder (and dont sit at a computer all day!) Ive been a Hearts fan for about 30yrs, followed them home and away, in europe, in friendlies, in the cups, spent thousands of ?????'s, got the tattoos and the countless t-shirts, laughed, cried and probably ****ed myself coz of the Hearts! So i suppose as this is only about my 20th post am not a Hearts fan then??? ****!!!! :nah:

:qqb017:[/quote']

Yup got it in one.

Also for someone who is say 40 years old + your posts are quite mature :)

Buffalo Bill

Might I suggest that anyone on this thread who is wanting to protest get together and organise something.

Let's us know what you have planned.

What a whiffy opening post.

I'm more fascinated by the fact that some of our members are taking it - and the poster - seriously.

:hat2:

Guest GhostHunter

I remember I protested two seasons ago and Vlad kidnapped my wife.

We got her back after 30days or so.

I'm going to protest again tomorrow :)

Rocky jamboa

If it wasn't for romanov, the club would go to the wall as no bank would support our level of debt. Also, he has his flaws but I've mostly quite enjoyed watching Hearts since he came in. And at least he has a bit vision and ambition to try and compete with the old firm, unlike everyone else who are prepared to settle for 3rd.

Totally rediculous to even suggest protesting against him, unless you have a spare ?30m to take the club over. Look at the whats happened to Newcastle since they protested against Ashley?? So, no, I don't think its time to actively protest against Romanov!

quite a few thousand hearts fans are already protesting at the moment! the empty seats show that.

So what were they protesting about when there were more empty seats pre-Romanov days? :th_o:

Yup got it in one.

Also for someone who is say 40 years old + your posts are quite mature :)

Have you got a phone number for laser removal of tattoos for me? you are obviously a much better hearts fan than me, so i'll go and get my tatts removed coz i musn't be worthy of them!!!! IVE GOT 2000 POSTS SO IM BETTER THAN YOU!! If it wasnt for people posting opinions on here, you wouldn't have much to do in your in your world would you? Well done on the age guessing thing, but you might need to brush up on that, as you're 6yrs+ out!!

C'MON THE FISH!!!!

Couldn't agree more - the man is slowly but surely killing our club. His stewardship of the club has been an unmitigated disaster. He has slowly but surely sold, fired, or forced out our top players and anyone on and off the park who showed any sign of leadership or vision. He has replaced them with 2nd rate duds and injury prone wasters who were/are on ridiculous salaries that are causing our great club to bleed to death. The quality of the squad and the spirit in the squad has been slowly diminished since this madman took over. The debt is now unsustainable and is increasing by the day. The figures at the next year end will be frightening.

Csaba has made great strides over the last year to improving on the field matters...but what happens, Vlad again pulls the rug from under his feet. The only positive? from this is that a pattern is starting to develop and Romanov''s behaviour is becoming slightly clearer. He is frightened of success and acts to stop it the minute there is any scent of success in the air. He has done this consistently since the Burley days. I can't answer why....but it is now clear that he doesn't want success of any kind.

I don't think a protest will work but, hopefully, if the last remaining Romanov supporters finally wake up and see that the blame lies squarely with him, instead of Hibs.net, the SFA, referees or the press then maybe, maybe it will unite the support and help us in the long run rid ourselves of this man and get our great club back.

Couldn't agree more - the man is slowly but surely killing our club.

:rofl:

I wondered where you'd gotten to.

No - well not yet, anyway - maybe we should wait until we see what happens with Csaba?

Well he better start hoping the team starts winning or his jacket is on an even shooglier peg.

I reckon if csaba goes or on the back of a bad season, the protests are in the post.

The man is clearly taking the p*ss

In all of these wars romanov has had with managers,players,agents the media.

Its always been us that have took the flak on the pitch and off it.

His latest outburst is nearing the final straw for me.

Guest jambomickey
So what were they protesting about when there were more empty seats pre-Romanov days? :th_o:

when he was doing things the right way we had a waiting list for season tickets and even the old firm only got half the school end stand! those fans stopped going because of one man.

when he was doing things the right way we had a waiting list for season tickets and even the old firm only got half the school end stand! those fans stopped going because of one man.

Source?

Conversely, they only started going because of one man. :hat2:

the kane dog
If it wasn't for romanov, the club would go to the wall as no bank would support our level of debt. Also, he has his flaws but I've mostly quite enjoyed watching Hearts since he came in. And at least he has a bit vision and ambition to try and compete with the old firm, unlike everyone else who are prepared to settle for 3rd.

Totally rediculous to even suggest protesting against him, unless you have a spare ?30m to take the club over. Look at the whats happened to Newcastle since they protested against Ashley?? So, no, I don't think its time to actively protest against Romanov!

i agree with this mate but if csaba goes i feel it will personally be the straw that breaks the camels back.its no fun getting ourselves playing well and stable to be knocked back to square one by romanov.as you say though protesting will get us nowhere as we will be up sh*t creek if he pulls out....no win situation!!!

Guest jambomickey
Conversely, they only started going because of one man. :hat2:

they like us have been taken for a ride at times.

I wondered where you'd gotten to.

Sorry...my mistake. OK ...everything in the garden is rosy. There is a great spirit in the squad, the quality is fantastic, our strikers are scoring goals, gates are up, the manager is happy, the new stand is progressing well, we look like having a great run in Europe, the debt is coming down, the owner has stopped interfering in playing matters and there is absolutely no chance of one of Csaba's signing targets coming back to haunt us later in the season, having signed for our greatest rivals.

Hope that keeps the administrators and the other "fashionable" Hearts fans happy.

alwaysthereinspirit

You can protest at Tynecastle whey #ibs are playing away.

30 posts' date=' 14 posts both want to protest! Where's the rest of the new people to join in the protest ****e.

:qqb017:[/quote']

Followed them - should that not be 'us'.

*sniff sniff*

A note to wibblewibble.net - try harder next time.

Hope that keeps the administrators and the other "fashionable" Hearts fans happy.

As long as it keeps you happy that's fine.

And I have absolutely no doubt in the whole wide world that it does.

Exactly. The protests are going well with more than 11,000 season tickets sold already, up 10% on last year.

Best bit of Thursday night was not the performance, not the score, not the atmosphere - it was the feeling of being in a stadium where everyone of the 12,000 supporters belonged to Hearts. And Hearts belonged to us!

Every one of us was backing the team. Thankfully it appeared that most of the pitchfork brigade stayed away and we could get on with supporting Csaba and the team from the stands rather than from our armchairs.

gorgie rd eh11
Sorry...my mistake. OK ...everything in the garden is rosy. There is a great spirit in the squad, the quality is fantastic, our strikers are scoring goals, gates are up, the manager is happy, the new stand is progressing well, we look like having a great run in Europe, the debt is coming down, the owner has stopped interfering in playing matters and there is absolutely no chance of one of Csaba's signing targets coming back to haunt us later in the season, having signed for our greatest rivals.

So protest then, what's stopping you?

Couldn't agree more - the man is slowly but surely killing our club. His stewardship of the club has been an unmitigated disaster. He has slowly but surely sold, fired, or forced out our top players and anyone on and off the park who showed any sign of leadership or vision. He has replaced them with 2nd rate duds and injury prone wasters who were/are on ridiculous salaries that are causing our great club to bleed to death. The quality of the squad and the spirit in the squad has been slowly diminished since this madman took over. The debt is now unsustainable and is increasing by the day. The figures at the next year end will be frightening.

Csaba has made great strides over the last year to improving on the field matters...but what happens, Vlad again pulls the rug from under his feet. The only positive? from this is that a pattern is starting to develop and Romanov''s behaviour is becoming slightly clearer. He is frightened of success and acts to stop it the minute there is any scent of success in the air. He has done this consistently since the Burley days. I can't answer why....but it is now clear that he doesn't want success of any kind.

I don't think a protest will work but, hopefully, if the last remaining Romanov supporters finally wake up and see that the blame lies squarely with him, instead of Hibs.net, the SFA, referees or the press then maybe, maybe it will unite the support and help us in the long run rid ourselves of this man and get our great club back.

Surely you are not condoning the actions of the SFA, referees and the press, in the period pre-Romanov? Its a commonly held belief that institutional bias has been prevalent in the SFA and the scottish media since they came to be.

I think they are very few in the purely pro-Romanov camp, while I would estimate perhaps a majority of the rest realise that our fate is in his hands and so on that basis alone the man is deserving some respect! Furthermore, I'd say he deserves a level of gratitude. How is it one person's right to control the spending of another person's money?

Archived