Under rated or cancelled tv shows

Professor.Arturo

Professor.Arturo

There have been stacks of shows over the last 30 odd years that we have thought "why did they cancel it", or it only ran for a couple of seasons then never heard of again. So what do you remember?

I'll start with a couple from the 90's. Firstly 'Alien Nation' by the Fox network, it was cancelled after only one season, it could have been up there with the big sci-fi tv shows. I'm sure some of you will remember it (primetime on Sky 1 on Saturday nights)

Another is one of my favourites, 'Sliders' an under rated sci-fi show dumped by Fox and picked up by the Sci-fi channel, the sliders would travel to different dimentions where Earths history had taken an alternate turn, such as Russia winning the cold war and America is now communist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVR320FouqE

Both shows are on DVD, and if you enjoy sci-fi they are both highly recommended. (cheap on Amazon)

Dean Winchester
Firefly.

I will never forgive Fox.

First one that came to my mind.

Great cast. Great story. And a network filled with arseholes.

Firefly.

I will never forgive Fox.

+1

Amazing series.

Reaper

Jericho

Chuck

Terminator (I liked it)

Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip.

Canned after one series. Written by Aaron Sorkin (West Wing). Best drama I've seen on TV in the last few years.

Not so much a great show but annoying was The Invasion on E4 that finished the first season on a cliff hanger then bloody cancelled it

Goodnight sweetheart was the dogs baws.They should bing it back

agreed m8

i was gutted when it ended but the wife has all the dvds :10900:

Sterling Archer
Arrested Development. Quality.

too true. my favourite tv show...film's due to be released either next year or 2011.

I fondly remember The Fuzz, a police comedy from the 70s. The main reason is that it starred a young and very sexy Linda Bellingham. She still does it for me.

At the risk of being labelled a geek, I think that Battlestar Galactica should be far more revered than it is. Excellent series that was so pertinent to the problems Americans has with terrorism and insurgent groups.

+1

Amazing series.

Reaper

Jericho

Chuck

Terminator (I liked it)

Chuck's still on Virgin channel on Sky...Freakin Quality program. Chuck's "Girlfriend" is Stunning!! :21:

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I enjoyed The Black Donnellys on NBC till they cancelled it after a single season

Angel. Probably not underrated, but it got cancelled mid series and left with a rushed episode and cliffhanger which won't be followed up.

I quite liked Tru Calling, which got cancelled after a couple of episodes of the second series.

If you switch over to the Sci Fi channel, that place is full of shows that were cancelled early and not picked up by Sky.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL
Operation good guys

Was just (but only just) the right side of smug and very funny. All the same people in it made Final Cut and Rancid Alluminium, 2 of quite possibly the worlds most self satisfying smug fest films known to man.

Monkey Dust. Best animation show ever - and that includes Family Guy.

Classic! Doubt it will come back though, seeing as the creator is dead.

Ivan Dobsky - I told you I never done it!

Does anybody remember "The Sketch Show"? - I think it was shown on ITV a few years back... I thought it was hilarious!

Classic! Doubt it will come back though, seeing as the creator is dead.

Ivan Dobsky - I told you I never done it!

"...and that, darling, is what really happened"

"No Clive, that's the plot from The Lord of the Rings. Where have you really been?"

MOD EDIT

Reaper

I was highly disappointed when I found out there wouldnt be a third series.

Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip.

Canned after one series. Written by Aaron Sorkin (West Wing). Best drama I've seen on TV in the last few years.

Fully agree. Was a superb series. I sometimes wonder if certain execs know a good series when it hits them in the erse?

American Gothic

Agreed. That had another few series in it. Still is excellent to watch on DVD years later.

Anybody remember Hardwick House, with Roy Kinnear playing a headmaster of a school in england?

Ill admit i had to have a search to find the name myself, but can remember it being pretty bloody funny and causing quite a furore over the bad taste of the humour. Got cancelled after 2 episodes even though im pretty sure it was prime time slot`ed.

Jam Tarts 1874
Anybody remember Hardwick House, with Roy Kinnear playing a headmaster of a school in england?

Ill admit i had to have a search to find the name myself, but can remember it being pretty bloody funny and causing quite a furore over the bad taste of the humour. Got cancelled after 2 episodes even though im pretty sure it was prime time slot`ed.

Sadly missed.

Jam Tarts 1874

I really enjoyed a series called A Very Peculiar Practice. Early 80's, Barbara Flynn (get her pumped) and Peter Davidson, they were GP's in a typical sprawling modern university. I thought it was great, only got a couple of seasons though and never repeated.

I really enjoyed a series called A Very Peculiar Practice. Early 80's, Barbara Flynn (get her pumped) and Peter Davidson, they were GP's in a typical sprawling modern university. I thought it was great, only got a couple of seasons though and never repeated.

yup, remeember it, Barbara Flyn in her younger days...in a nursing outfit :10900:

Family guy was highly underrated when it was cancelled, it was then brought back and went the other way and became highly overrated.

Jam Tarts 1874
yup, remeember it, Barbara Flyn in her younger days...in a nursing outfit :10900:

Just have to make do with the odd repeat of the Beiderbecke Affair on ITV3.

Eldorado was magic, the last episode is a cracker!

hated that whiny voiced wheelchair bound attention seeker though.

add albion market & londons burning :th_o:

Archived