Rudolf's Mate

ATTACK, DEFEND OR PLAY YOUNGSTERS  

1 member has voted

1. 1. ATTACK, DEFEND OR PLAY YOUNGSTERS

• ALL OUT ATTACK (2 or maybe even 3 up)
    • DEFENSIVE SET UP (damage limitation)
    • PLAY YOUNGSTERS

Rudolf's Mate

I personally would like to see us play 3 up front of even 2 (Thursday) with someone tucked right in behind the strikers. Never mind who would play this role I would just like to see us give it a real go!

How out there would like to see this or would you rather we go for damage limitation?

FOR THURSDAYS 2ND LEG!

Hearts of Vladland
I personally would like to see us play 3 up front of even 2 (Thursday) with someone tucked right in behind the strikers. Never mind who would play this role I would just like to see us give it a real go!

How out there would like to see this or would you rather we go for damage limitation?

FOR THURSDAYS 2ND LEG!

Go for it, nothing to lose. What is the worse that can happen?

A bit of a mixtuire between going for it and playing the younger players.

As has been stated, what's the worst that can happen.

balogh / kello

eggert

zal

jose

wallace

stewart

ruben

obua

glen

driver

wittenveen

get in there faces

might seem impossible with the start we've had but if we go 2up before ht u never no

We have nothing to lose, I feel we should go for it, hope to get lucky and give the fans a good match, I hope we play Stewart just to see how he performs under pressure, I'd like to see Witteveen and Glen up front.

..............Kello/Balogh

Jonsson Bouzid Goncalves Wallace

......Suso Palazuelos Obua

..............Stewart

..........Witteveen Glen

Genghis Khan
Go for it, nothing to lose. What is the worse that can happen?

I agree, all or nothing.

"Better to have loved & lost than never to have loved at all"

DigrsSlopBukit

3 up front would indeed be the way to go.......

...if we had 3 strikers that is....

...which we invariably do not have!

Sorry

portobellojambo1

At this moment in time the tie is over. We have nothing, absolutely nothing, to gain by sitting in defensively and looking for a draw at best.

The only way we can save the tie now is by scoring 5 more goals than them, and the only way we can do that is by non stop attack. If in the process we leave ourselves open at the back there is nothing to lose, as I said initially we are already out, we have to try and get back in. Lose the tie 4-0 on aggregate or 8-0 on aggregate makes no difference, end result is exit from the competition.

Better to go out trying than to go out on a whimper.

We are NOT going to win 5-0.

Going out 0-4 is as bad as going out 0-20.

Let's just go mental and throw everything up front and go down in a blaze of.....erm....fire

not suggesting anyone is but it's too simple to say that playing 3 up front will mean more attacking and more attempts on goal. IMO it wont.

very good teams can play a 4-3-3. some **** teams can try.... and fail. only good teams with real quality can pull it off.

for me it's a 4-4-2 on thursday. options up front but also with a midfield unit that can hopefully compete.

if kingston was fit i would be of a mind to play him because he's got a bit of quality when he decides to turn it on and this is the kind of game where he will be eager to impress. driver isn't going to make it so i would probably play novikovas ahead of suso or obua.

balogh

jonsson

wallace

bouzid

goncalves

novikovas

kingston (if fit)

black

palazuelos

glen

witteveen

what about

any keeper

Eggy Zal hose wallace

ruben

suso novo

obua

nade glen

Regular John

Rather see us stick out a team of kids and keep our first XI fresh for Sunday.

It's been a tough start to the season, we could do without another pounding.

Francis Albert

None of the above. Play our strongest team and build on the encouraging signs in Sunday's performance, particularly the first half. Try to learn something against a good footballing side.

I think we have a wee chance to make the game a bit exciting. How easy will it be for their players to get right up for this match knowing they are through already? Our tiny pitch may make their fluent play very difficult. An early goal and the crowd picks up. Not saying its likely but just maybe.

Thig Ar Latha

No point in going for all out attack again'st a Team like Zagreb. Attack by all means, but don't leave the back door open. You hopefully get an earlyish goal and keep your own goal intact. Get a second and keep it tight whil'st looking for a third. Last ten minutes you go all out for it. Lose a goal and you go from needing a miracle to the plain impossible.

Simple!

keithyboy1975

gk kello

bouzid

jose

zaliukas

suso

larry (if fit) or ruben (grrrr!)

obua

black

nade 2nd half me (i'm approx 16 stone, lazy and fat, shot like a cannon tho)

witteveen templeton

glen novikovas

whoever scores the most goals (1) out of the strikers wins a hearts signed ball

It'll be 4-5-1, or if we're being particularly crazy, 4-4-1-1.

I'd look for at least 2 players playing out of position too.

Who gives a toss though, it's European fitba at Tynie, and we've no had that for a while. Forget about all the sniping, forget about the formation, forget about whether we win, lose or draw.

Just savour the night and support the team into giving us more of these nights in the future.

----------------------Kello-----------------------

Jonsson-----Zaliukas©----Goncalves-------Wallace

------------------Suso----Ruben-------------------

----------------------Black------------------------

--------Glen----------Nade-----------Obua--------

We win 5 - 0.

Sorted. :smiley2:

Say What Again

Totally disagree with the 'Youngsters' option. Zagreb in the mood would be capable of tearing them a new one.

Not what their confidence (if they have any) requires.

Do you? :10900:

This season - no problem.

I am quietly confident that five will be enough on Thursday - no need to be wasteful.

:2thumbsup:

well we tried to play defensive the first leg and it was 4-0 going on 7...

so may as well go for it and get a proper tanking....:10900:

All out attack for me too.

We have to get behind the team more than we did against Rangers no matter if we have a chance of going through or not. I thought the atmosphere was very sedate, let’s show these dynamo guys what we are all about.

Should we go 3-5-2 on Thursday? I don`t want to go into a long winded post about the pros and cons of Thursday so i`d rather look at it from a positive perspective.

In equal doses we need to be cautious but with plenty attacking options.

Have 3 centre backs who will not move from their positions at the back. In a 4-4-2 the full backs can sometimes get caught up the park at the same time meaning we`re left exposed on a counter, 3 at the back brings constant numbers sitting defensively.

My 5 in the middle would be Suso , Pala, Black, Jonsson, Driver(if fit, but if not Obua)

Glen and Witteveen up top.

We basically need to have plenty numbers up the field more quicker when attacking. Maybe a risk but what the hell?

We have to get behind the team more than we did against Rangers no matter if we have a chance of going through or not. I thought the atmosphere was very sedate, let?s show these dynamo guys what we are all about.

What will Dinamos game plan be?

I would imagine they will want to come out fast and kill any possible atmosphere or lingering hopes of the crowd or players.

Then they can relax, save energy,put on young lads etc.

IMO We would be better not to go blaze off and leave holes for them to achieve thier game plan - instead control as much posession and concentrate on shutting them down for at least 30mins - there would be plenty of time in the second half to throw caution to the wind and throw everything inc the kitchen sink forward.

:smiley2:

We have to get behind the team more than we did against Rangers no matter if we have a chance of going through or not. I thought the atmosphere was very sedate, let?s show these dynamo guys what we are all about.

aye, it was strange?

I can understand people being a little subdued because of the previous two results, but we are normally good at rallying behind the side when they capitalise in a big game and we want to urge them on to stay there.

For early in the season it was a poor showing and very unlike the Hearts support.

Half in half for me. Throw absolutely everything at them in the first 30 minutes. If its not happening for us, cool it down, give a few younger players a taste of European football and get out without any more injuries.

Might get interesting if we score two early goals. If we dont then lets not knacker ourselves chasing a lost cause.

Half in half for me. Throw absolutely everything at them in the first 30 minutes. If its not happening for us, cool it down, give a few younger players a taste of European football and get out without any more injuries.

Might get interesting if we score two early goals. If we dont then lets not knacker ourselves chasing a lost cause.

On a negative slant(unlike me) i just wonder if the players have got it in them? I`d like to be proved wrong and be given a pleasant surprise.

Years ago, no matter the result from the first leg or if we were at home first, you knew Hearts were going to be pumped up to give us a performance and have a real pop. Even the bog standard players we had could find a bit extra on euro nights.

On a negative slant(unlike me) i just wonder if the players have got it in them? I`d like to be proved wrong and be given a pleasant surprise.

Years ago, no matter the result from the first leg or if we were at home first, you knew Hearts were going to be pumped up to give us a performance and have a real pop. Even the bog standard players we had could find a bit extra on euro nights.

Ahhhh Ithought we were talking about what we'd like to see happen.

If we're talking about what will probably happen then your right, you have to question whether we're even interested in this game.I expect a low key game with feck all atmosphere and precious little in the way of effort from us because we (the team and the manager) believe the tie is dead and buried with no chance whatsoever of recovery and no point in trying to achieve the impossible.

Hearts-Nil will be the first part of the scoreline

What will Dinamos game plan be?

I would imagine they will want to come out fast and kill any possible atmosphere or lingering hopes of the crowd or players.

Then they can relax, save energy,put on young lads etc.

IMO We would be better not to go blaze off and leave holes for them to achieve thier game plan - instead control as much posession and concentrate on shutting them down for at least 30mins - there would be plenty of time in the second half to throw caution to the wind and throw everything inc the kitchen sink forward.

:smiley2:

I think your right about Dinamos game plan.

The one thing that's in our favour is that when they are pushing forward trying to kill us off, that will be our best chance to score a goal early giving us the glimmer of hope that we need.

I don’t think for a second that we are going to come back from 4 goals down so nothing to lose by going for it anyway.

Win, lose or draw lets get behind the team.

attack attack attack. Defence to keep positions to not leave hole's, everyone else all out

Balogh

Wallace

Jose

Zali

Jonsson

Black

Obua

Stewart

Glen

Witty

Suso (up front for the main reason that he's not scared to have a pop at goal)

Its my Missus wee laddies first euro game and he's really excited.

for me I want to see us Attack and hear the crowd as we did of old in Tynie.

Its can be cauldron but WE have to get behind the team, and its no use saying well the team should play for the fans, usually yes this is true but this is the exception, we need to stop the moaners and gie it laldy and who knows it may just prove to be the catalyst to what may be the best euro game ever played at Tynie.

Optimistic yes but we CAN do it and hey its never over til the whistle sounds!

I know its unlikely to go through but wouldnt a win ease the pain?:2thumbsup:

Its my Missus wee laddies first euro game and he's really excited.

for me I want to see us Attack and hear the crowd as we did of old in Tynie.

Its can be cauldron but WE have to get behind the team, and its no use saying well the team should play for the fans, usually yes this is true but this is the exception, we need to stop the moaners and gie it laldy and who knows it may just prove to be the catalyst to what may be the best euro game ever played at Tynie.

Optimistic yes but we CAN do it and hey its never over til the whistle sounds!

I know its unlikely to go through but wouldnt a win ease the pain?:2thumbsup:

totally agree.its not over until christian nade sings

I quite like the idea of 3-5-2. I would go for -

---------------Kello

---------- Goncalves

--------Kucharski Zaliukas

Jonsson Black Palazuelos Wallace

---------- Kingston/Driver

------Witteveen/Obua Glen

If neither Driver or Kingston are fit, put Obua behind the strikers. Novikovas, Suso and Nade on the bench to refresh the attacking options. I wouldn't play Stewart or Bouzid as they have been liabilities in the last three games.

Should we go 3-5-2 on Thursday? I don`t want to go into a long winded post about the pros and cons of Thursday so i`d rather look at it from a positive perspective.

In equal doses we need to be cautious but with plenty attacking options.

Have 3 centre backs who will not move from their positions at the back. In a 4-4-2 the full backs can sometimes get caught up the park at the same time meaning we`re left exposed on a counter, 3 at the back brings constant numbers sitting defensively.

My 5 in the middle would be Suso , Pala, Black, Jonsson, Driver(if fit, but if not Obua)

Glen and Witteveen up top.

We basically need to have plenty numbers up the field more quicker when attacking. Maybe a risk but what the hell?

You guys need to keep it tight at the back, flood the midfield and go hard in the tackle. Otherwise it will be another rout.

The last thing you want is a repeat of Zagreb where you gave us too much space.

Thig Ar Latha
You guys need to keep it tight at the back, flood the midfield and go hard in the tackle. Otherwise it will be another rout.

The last thing you want is a repeat of Zagreb where you gave us too much space.

I agree, but our pitch is a bit on the wee side!

Archived