Hearts trio called up to World Cup

Ryan Gosling

Norfolk and Chance

Would like to see them more involved in the 1st team squad. Failing that a loan spell with 1st division sides could be useful. Visconte in particular has always stood out for me at youth level. Would like to see him step up

I'd like to see more Aussies on our books. For such a small population, and considering football is only the fourth or fifth preferred sport nationally, they turn out some good footballers. Well done to the young guys.

Norfolk and Chance
I'd like to see more Aussies on our books. For such a small population, and considering football is only the fourth or fifth preferred sport nationally, they turn out some good footballers. Well done to the young guys.

They certainly seem to produce an incredible amount of physically and mentally strong athletes in all sports

you may be surprised to learn that football (soccer as it is called here) has more participation than all the other codes combined

Footballfirst
what about Matthew Park, is he not still under 21?
Matty Park is already 21 so he was always too old, even when the qualifying tournament started. I think you had to have been born in 1989 or later to play.

Good to see young Dylan get noticed at this level for the first time. It adds to the list of Hearts youngsters who have had recognition at youth levels in the last few months. (Ridgers, Brown, C Thomson, S Robinson, Walker, Novikovas)

jamboinglasgow
Silly question but are Dylan and Ryan brothers?

Yup they are brothers. Jason and Danny Thomson are also brothers (but Craig Thomson is no relation of any of them.) Plus we also have the Hamilton brothers in U19 and U17 (Colin and Jack.)

Matty Park is already 21 so he was always too old, even when the qualifying tournament started. I think you had to have been born in 1989 or later to play.

Good to see young Dylan get noticed at this level for the first time. It adds to the list of Hearts youngsters who have had recognition at youth levels in the last few months. (Ridgers, Brown, C Thomson, S Robinson, Walker, Novikovas)

Had a look on wiki a week or two ago to see if the squad list for the U20 OZ squad was up and noticed that Dylan had been with the Australia U19s playing in the AFF U19 youth championships at the begining of the month. He scored a goal in the final but sadly Australia lost in penalties to Thailand.

Anyway it is well done to those three. They have some great potential at the club and I was hoping we would see a bit more of Ryan this year but he seems to be either fourth or fifth choice at CB. Lets hope he can get some playing time this year.

Also Peanut, are we getting any new Australians this season? Seems it may be a benifical link to have that we get one or two decent Australian youngsters each year and build them up.

Charlie-Brown

There's also the Stewart namesake's with Mikey, Johnny & Ryan tho i don't think any of them are related.

jamboinglasgow
There's also the Stewart namesake's with Mikey, Johnny & Ryan tho i don't think any of them are related.

forgot about that, plus David and Gordon Smith (no relation) and Lee Wallace and Ryan Wallace (no relation.) Kevin Nade (Christians brother) was in Hearts U15s last season, though unsure if he is still here. Hearts are full of brothers or similar names.

jamboinglasgow
I think David Smith's younger brother also plays in the younger age groups (U14?) at the Academy

so you could have a team of

J Hamilton

C Thomson, R McGowan, D McGowan, L Wallace

R Wallace, J Stewart, D Thomson, M Stewart, D Smith

G Smith

Bench: S Thomson (know he is no longer here but couldn't think of another goalie with the same name) C Hamilton, R Stewart, J Thomson, K Nade, C Nade and I am stuck on the last one.

Footballfirst
Had a look on wiki a week or two ago to see if the squad list for the U20 OZ squad was up and noticed that Dylan had been with the Australia U19s playing in the AFF U19 youth championships at the begining of the month. He scored a goal in the final but sadly Australia lost in penalties to Thailand.

Thanks JiG. It may also explain why Darren Murray had a go at him for a sloppy piece of defending on Saturday, when he shouted " Dylan ...... Y'er no' in Thailand now"

jamboinglasgow
Thanks JiG. It may also explain why Darren Murray had a go at him for a sloppy piece of defending on Saturday, when he shouted " Dylan ...... Y'er no' in Thailand now"

:10900: I'd love to know what you thought he was talking about at the time.

Footballfirst
:10900: I'd love to know what you thought he was talking about at the time.

:stuart: I hadn't a clue whether it was football related or something that occured on holiday.

Note that the U19 game against Rangers, originally scheduled for Monday 31st, has been brought forward to Saturday morning.

jamboinglasgow
:stuart: I hadn't a clue whether it was football related or something that occured on holiday.

Note that the U19 game against Rangers, originally scheduled for Monday 31st, has been brought forward to Saturday morning.

I always thought it was the saturaday morning. I will be there.

Archived