Tiredness?

1874robbo

Sorry if this has been posted but i haven't read it anywhere up to now.Is it possible that tired legs may have played a part in sundays game?

Whilst i think we should have been able to see the game out part of me is thinking that to be fair our players have had 3 very hard games in the space of 6 days with only 1 days rest in between the Zagreb and Rangers game.

I know they are meant to be athletes and all that but tiredness does play a part after European games.

Seymour M Hersh

I was thinking the same after reading Bathgate's report in the hootsmon. I think there is some merit to it 3 hard games including Euro travel in 7 days for us and a clear week for the hun. Maybe our players did run out of steam in the 2nd half.

I was thinking the same after reading Bathgate's report in the hootsmon. I think there is some merit to it 3 hard games including Euro travel in 7 days for us and a clear week for the hun. Maybe our players did run out of steam in the 2nd half.

It would explain some glaring holes in our midfield as the game went on.

we were playing against 10 men.

It is sometimes harder to play against 10 men as strange as that sounds mickey.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Rangers knew they would get their mandatory penalty at the end of the game to see them through though and thats a huge psychological boost.

Guest jambomickey
It is sometimes harder to play against 10 men as strange as that sounds mickey.

don't buy that mate! had we taken our chances the game would have been dead.

don't buy that mate! had we taken our chances the game would have been dead.

I agree with you that we need someone with a killer instinct but we don't have that at the moment and for me tiredness played a very big part on sunday.

Also the big fat wedge that was handed to the ref at half time didn't do any harm,different ref completely after the break imo.

They are the Champions of Scotland though, they should still be able to beat any team in the SPL (except other half of OF) even with a man sent off.

It's like if we were to play Clyde in the cup and we go down to 10 men, it would be slightly more difficult but you'd still expect us to beat them.

Add in our Monday night game in Dundee, a 2 and a half hour flight to Zagreb on Tuesday, a 90 minute match in 25 degree heats in Zagreb, a 2 and a half hour flight home from Zagreb on Friday morning and then having to face the Champions on the Sunday morning, we were always going to be up against it.

I'm currently a labourer. I flew home from Cyprus last Wednesday morning. I was back to work on Thursday. I put a full shift in without getting out of breath. Did the same on Friday too.

I'm currently a labourer. I flew home from Cyprus last Wednesday morning. I was back to work on Thursday. I put a full shift in without getting out of breath. Did the same on Friday too.

I work in an office and I bet you guys still sit about more than I do..... :smiley2:

What was wrong with going back to work on the wednesday afternoon?

If you look at the highlights you will see we hit the bar and Ned boy MK11 made 2 great saves if any of them had went in it was all over.but we have feck all luck at the moment:43:

I work in an office and I bet you guys still sit about more than I do..... :smiley2:

Used to work in an office myself so I know you are talking peeash!!

oh FFS, can't we just agree that it's mad vlad's fault?

he's to blame for the players being tired. he's got undercover agents at the games that zap the players with magic rays that sap the energy oot of them.

mad vlad and his magic ray gun toting minions.... GTF.

Archived