Whoop dee doo Engerlund win a bag of ashes

sinbad

Horatio Caine

Who gives a toss? You do my friend!

Why else would you start a thread on the most boring game in the world?

shaun.lawson

SHED

And funny how a whole bunch of people seemed to care when we were getting our arses handed to us on a plate in the Fourth Test, isn't it? ;)

SHED

And funny how a whole bunch of people seemed to care when we were getting our arses handed to us on a plate in the Fourth Test, isn't it? ;)

Fair point, but that does not justify England winning the Ashes as being the lead item on the BBC (EBC) news at 635pm tonight!

That story was ahead of Megrahi fall out, fires in Athens, and Rangers winning at Tynecastle courtesy of a last minute controversial penalty!

shaun.lawson
Fair point, but that does not justify England winning the Ashes as being the lead item on the BBC (EBC) news at 635pm tonight!

That story was ahead of Megrahi fall out, fires in Athens, and Rangers winning at Tynecastle courtesy of a last minute controversial penalty!

That is ridiculous, I agree. Especially in the last example. :smiley2:

shaun.lawson
Tread carefully, Shaun - emotions are high tonight.....

:smiley2:

Moi? I always tread carefully, GA! :stuart:

Moi? I always tread carefully, GA! :stuart:

Just don't start a thread...

"1966, the year football came home"

Thunderstruck
Cricket is for poofs.

Here's a good party game: go and tell Ricky Ponting he's a poof.

I would like to see what happens if a footballer got a football in the mouth at top speed from five yards. Mr Ponting got a cricket ball right there, spat out some blood and carried on.

Here's a good party game: go and tell Ricky Ponting he's a poof.

I would like to see what happens if a footballer got a football in the mouth at top speed from five yards. Mr Ponting got a cricket ball right there, spat out some blood and carried on.

lkzyz89efm_clap.gif

England winning The Ashes is like the Wee Team winning anything.

It is such a rare event that the parties go on for days and it makes front page on all the papers.

Cricket is for poofs.

Sounds like a man who's bowled many a jaffa!

The White Cockade

Any more South Africans play for England and they'll have to rename the team the Proteas.........

got to say, i don't like cricket and i also know nothing about it. you've got to hand it to the english though, whilst they're much better than us at the game they're pretty shoit at the best of times but they keep on trying and now and again they get a result.

they're very good losers and winners in this game too. apparently the last time they won the ashes, rather than gloat and stick up the opposition they opted instead to subtly release special commemorative "ashes" stamps to the exact price it costs to send a standard letter to oz

Is being really good at cricket that much of a badge of honour though?

I mean only about 5 countries in the entire world are actually any good whatsoever. Kinda seems to me like the Yanks boasting that they're the best in the world at baseball.

Buffalo Bill

I believe the urn was in fact a one-off gift to Australia after their first series win and is NOT the trophy.

I'm sure the trophy proper is a glass cup or something which is quite new to proceedings.

I'm also sure that Shaun will be along in a second to tell me I'm totally wrong!

Is being really good at cricket that much of a badge of honour though?

I mean only about 5 countries in the entire world are actually any good whatsoever. Kinda seems to me like the Yanks boasting that they're the best in the world at baseball.

are they? baseballs pretty big in Japan. its a genuine question, i really don't know who's best at it

HMFCjamieHMFC
are they? baseballs pretty big in Japan. its a genuine question, i really don't know who's best at it

Japan are miles better as a team but USA have the better players

Buffalo Bill

I don't like the spitting in baseball.

I don't know what the hell it is they chew in their mouths but it's like they're gobbing out the last brown catarrh of a bad lung infection.

Baseball is
massive in Costa Rica
and other central American countries.

sounds like a bad claim to fame from a sh*t band :10900:

I don't like the spitting in baseball.

I don't know what the hell it is they chew in their mouths but it's like they're gobbing out the last brown catarrh of a bad lung infection.

Chewing tobacco.

Chewing tobacco.

Not any more.

Gum.

Dip was banned because of the health risks, but I think a few coaches and players still do.

I believe the urn was in fact a one-off gift to Australia after their first series win and is NOT the trophy.

I'm sure the trophy proper is a glass cup or something which is quite new to proceedings.

I'm also sure that Shaun will be along in a second to tell me I'm totally wrong!

The proper urn (much bigger than the one posted earlier) is within a cabinet at Lord's. The only time it has left the country was when Prince Charles took it to Australia as part of the bi-centennial celebration of that nation 21 years ago.

northfieldhearts

Who gives a feck? It's a 50/50 chance fo winning. Hardly a competition to decide who is the best in the world.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Well done England. :clap:

However, I fear a complete biatch slapping at the MCG on Boxing Day next year!

Who gives a feck? It's a 50/50 chance fo winning. Hardly a competition to decide who is the best in the world.

Nobody said it was, that's in the winter Vs South Africa.

Can never understand the hype it gets; it's as inclusive as the Boat Race, and about as significant as the bairn next door winning a cream egg at the Sunday school picnic.

northfieldhearts
Nobody said it was, that's in the winter Vs South Africa.

again proves nothing. it proves who is the best out of the 2 teams. thats what world cups are for.

Archived