'SmartCard' ; Load of Utter Nonsense!

S.N.T.H.

Strolled up to the turnstyle as normal today, hand my piece of plastic over to the bint behind the turnstyles. 'Invalid'. Unreal, but not entirely unpredictable.

The Rocksteady jobsworths were about as useful as Anne Frank's drumkit, and pointed me in the direction of the Ticket Office.

On arrival at the Ticket Office, i joined an evergrowing queue of people in the same boat. People were understandably frustrated and asked a lad in a Hearts tie and shirt and overcoat what was being done to sort the situation, they were met with a response of 'Ah dinnae work for Hearts it's nothing to do with me'. When i got to the counter i was told that my seat did not exist anymore, despite the fact i'd parted with over ?300 in order to obtain it. The gentleman issued me with the new card and informed me everything would be fine and that they'd allocated me a new seat nearby. So off i went.

I got to the Turnstyles once more, handed the piece of **** over again. Bosh!; Invalid. I then proposed to the spectacle wearing spottie ballbag in a Rocksteady shirt to let me in on the basis that i had the card, and allow me to sort it out with the TO during the week. " No ". So off i toddle to the Ticket Office once more.

The queue was now mammoth, but i skipped to the boy at the front and explained that i had just had another 'invalid' at the Turnstyle. He explained that the card was damaged once more (seems strange that it could be damaged in the 30 second walk from the TO to Section 'N'). He issued me with another new card.

Back to the turnstyles once more and guess what? Aye, another 'invalid' card. The girl behind the turnstyle was nice enough to let me through anyway, or else i'd have been back to the Ticket Office and loosing the heid.

Obviously the TO was conveniently shut after the game, so i am now the owner of an invalid season ticket 'notsosmartcard'.

What was wrong with our paper season tickets? Isn't the point that it should reduce staffing costs? It seems silly that we're just giving these guys an expensive machine and scanning a card. Why we trying to be all new generation? We're Heart of Midlothian FC, a proud traditional club, not ****ing FC Barcelona. Save all that namby pamby technology for the new stand FFS.

Had to get this off my chest, as it was an absolute fiasco. Topped off by the inevitible Hun/SFA penalty in the last minute. How much did David Murray pay them this time?

I'm off to bed. :43:

always going to be teething problems with something like this, also was your ticket bought before the upgrade work on the old stand? that's why your seat probably wasn't there. seemed it all worked a lot better today than it did for bolton and sunderland

always going to be teething problems with something like this, also was your ticket bought before the upgrade work on the old stand? that's why your seat probably wasn't there. seemed it all worked a lot better today than it did for bolton and sunderland

Yes, that is the reason that my seat wasn't there.

Do you not think the club should've atleast written to me to inform me that my seat was no longer there? I think they should have. It's called customer service. They were happy to take the money FFS.

The People's Chimp

I liked the way the smartcard made absolutely no difference to the actual turnstyles...and there was just a guy in a yellow jaikit with a shopping scanner.

And the point is..?

Oopsupsideyerheed

Maybe the BINT behind the turnstyle.............the SPECTACLE WEARING SPOTTIE BALLBAG...or all the people like me that moaned about you skipping the MAMMOTH queue thought you had an attitude problem ???

Yes, that is the reason that my seat wasn't there.

Do you not think the club should've atleast written to me to inform me that my seat was no longer there? I think they should have. It's called customer service. They were happy to take the money FFS.

yeah they should have written, didn't you see the pics on the website when they were ripping the seats out? ticket office were helpful with me today though

I liked the way the smartcard made absolutely no difference to the actual turnstyles...and there was just a guy in a yellow jaikit with a shopping scanner.

And the point is..?

The point is saving money! They don't have the printing cost of season book and after the game they don't have the cost of manually going through the collected tickets. Plus in the future there won't be a guy with the supermarket scanner! Give it time.

Maybe the BINT behind the turnstyle.............the SPECTACLE WEARING SPOTTIE BALLBAG...or all the people like me that moaned about you skipping the MAMMOTH queue thought you had an attitude problem ???

Prize troller, IMO.

If you dont have any stewards there would be a lot more ?19 season ticket holders, people are generally crooks

My wife and mine worked as advertised. Please try and find other things to get at the club with.

He has every right to peeved. He bought a seat, he doesn't get that seat. He try's to get in to the game, he has to walk to hte ticket office 3 times..... not on.

He has a right to moan, every company expects customers to copmplain about bad service, hense they try and not give bad service.

Not that hard to understand why he was annoyed.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I was sat in my usual seat today (no problem getting in)

About half an hour into the game a steward approaches me and asks to see my match ticket or season ticket smart card

I show him my season ticket and he asks to take it away for a minute (I think I'm getting chucked out for some unknwn misdemeanour!!)

About 10 minutes into the second half he arrives back, gives my card back and informs me that theres no problem.

Did this happen to anyone else?

Still no idea what this stupid thing is for.What's the point in it? It has cost money and made no difference to us getting in.

It's just causing problems for some people.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

My mate who I sit with had Smartcard problems. He was also told his card was "invalid" and had to traipse round to the TO to get a replacement paper card. This caused him to miss the first 10-15 minutes of the game.

I can see absolutely no benefit to this card system, and predicted this fiasco about three months ago (as many other jambos did.)

My mate had his card taken off him by the ticket office, and has to go and collect it again before the Zagreb game. Bearing in mind that we both live about 40 minutes drive from Tynie and he doesn't drive.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
I was sat in my usual seat today (no problem getting in)

About half an hour into the game a steward approaches me and asks to see my match ticket or season ticket smart card

I show him my season ticket and he asks to take it away for a minute (I think I'm getting chucked out for some unknwn misdemeanour!!)

About 10 minutes into the second half he arrives back, gives my card back and informs me that theres no problem.

Did this happen to anyone else?

They will have re-sold your seat, and the guy who bought your seat must have asked a steward why you were sitting in it!

Nothing to do with getting in but the two seats to the left of me in N2 were sold as season ticket seats.

A woman and her son were sitting in them when I arrived. Even though I was badly hungover it corssed my mind that there were an older couple who sat there for the Bolton friendly and said they were their new season ticket seats.

With 5 minutes to kick off the man appears. Turns out the seats had been sold twice. There were a few other similar incidents in the lower according to one of the guys I sight next to.

Not usre if they are smartcard related or TO incompetence.

Strolled up to the turnstyle as normal today, hand my piece of plastic over to the bint behind the turnstyles. 'Invalid'. Unreal, but not entirely unpredictable.

The Rocksteady jobsworths were about as useful as Anne Frank's drumkit, and pointed me in the direction of the Ticket Office.

On arrival at the Ticket Office, i joined an evergrowing queue of people in the same boat. People were understandably frustrated and asked a lad in a Hearts tie and shirt and overcoat what was being done to sort the situation, they were met with a response of 'Ah dinnae work for Hearts it's nothing to do with me'. When i got to the counter i was told that my seat did not exist anymore, despite the fact i'd parted with over ?300 in order to obtain it. The gentleman issued me with the new card and informed me everything would be fine and that they'd allocated me a new seat nearby. So off i went.

I got to the Turnstyles once more, handed the piece of **** over again. Bosh!; Invalid. I then proposed to the spectacle wearing spottie ballbag in a Rocksteady shirt to let me in on the basis that i had the card, and allow me to sort it out with the TO during the week. " No ". So off i toddle to the Ticket Office once more.

The queue was now mammoth, but i skipped to the boy at the front and explained that i had just had another 'invalid' at the Turnstyle. He explained that the card was damaged once more (seems strange that it could be damaged in the 30 second walk from the TO to Section 'N'). He issued me with another new card.

Back to the turnstyles once more and guess what? Aye, another 'invalid' card. The girl behind the turnstyle was nice enough to let me through anyway, or else i'd have been back to the Ticket Office and loosing the heid.

Obviously the TO was conveniently shut after the game, so i am now the owner of an invalid season ticket 'notsosmartcard'.

What was wrong with our paper season tickets? Isn't the point that it should reduce staffing costs? It seems silly that we're just giving these guys an expensive machine and scanning a card. Why we trying to be all new generation? We're Heart of Midlothian FC, a proud traditional club, not ****ing FC Barcelona. Save all that namby pamby technology for the new stand FFS.

Had to get this off my chest, as it was an absolute fiasco. Topped off by the inevitible Hun/SFA penalty in the last minute. How much did David Murray pay them this time?

Mines has worked fine for the friendlies and htis match too, so osunds like you have really been unlucky for it to happen three times - seems strange, but it does not make the girl a bint.

I am assuming it is a category A seaosn ticket you have.

Brian Whittaker's Tache
They will have re-sold your seat, and the guy who bought your seat must have asked a steward why you were sitting in it!

Its the same seat i sat in last year but I renewed at St James Centre

Maybe their computer doesnt talk to the one at the TO

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Its the same seat i sat in last year but I renewed at St James Centre

Maybe their computer doesnt talk to the one at the TO

Yeah that's what I'm saying, when my mate had to go to the TO, he said there were a lot of angry people who's seats had been double sold.

Mines has worked fine for the friendlies and htis match too, so osunds like you have really been unlucky for it to happen three times - seems strange, but it does not make the girl a bint.

I am assuming it is a category A seaosn ticket you have.

No, that particular point doesn't make her a bint. But she was a bint.

Why would you assume i am a Category A?

No, that particular point doesn't make her a bint. But she was a bint.

Why would you assume i am a Category A?

Because a category B would not allow you access for Celtic, Rangers and Hibs matches. I'm guessing that is what he means.

Because a category B would not allow you access for Celtic, Rangers and Hibs matches. I'm guessing that is what he means.

Ah, i see.

Seymour M Hersh
He has every right to peeved. He bought a seat, he doesn't get that seat. He try's to get in to the game, he has to walk to hte ticket office 3 times..... not on.

He has a right to moan, every company expects customers to copmplain about bad service, hense they try and not give bad service.

Not that hard to understand why he was annoyed.

Boo ****in hoo!

i have to say my three were fine but i would also have been feckin raging if i had gone through this three times whilst the match is on

broughies tach
i have to say my three were fine but i would also have been feckin raging if i had gone through this three times whilst the match is on

How come you need 3 chances ? Just like your strike rate for the JKB team maybe ???

scw98heartsfc

ah well, such is life.............u just have to get on with it...

p.s..... mine worked well, as it did in the last 2 games at home

maybe had u popped along to one of our pre-season friendlies ur problems today might not have happened.........

hey, just an idea

Ray Winstone

Its G4S that do the stewarding at Tynie these days.

The Rocksteady (G4S) jobsworths were about as useful as Anne Frank's drumkit, and pointed me in the direction of the Ticket Office.

What do you want them to do. If your smartcard shows up being invalid they have been instructed to send you to the TO and thats what they did.

This is a decision made by Hearts not the stewards. Yes some of the stewards can be something else but in the instance they did the right thing.

Still no idea what this stupid thing is for.What's the point in it? It has cost money and made no difference to us getting in.

It's just causing problems for some people.

Used mine for the first time yesterday and thankfully it validated ok

So, barring any washing machine accidents / drunken wallet losses, that card should do you for the rest of your life and come next summer you just phone the TO or go online with your credit card and bingo - your smartcard is now valid for season 2010/11. It should save all the costs / hassle involved with printing issuing / posting the old paper STs

My sympathy to the folk who have had problems but I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere down the line some poor blighter in the TO is having to transfer ST info from one office database to another...........with some c0ck-ups being made in the process !

Anyway. my card just says ADULT ........nowt else ?

Do category B or concession tickets have that info stamped on them ?

If people don't renew come next year then there may be a few hundred ( thousands even, if Vlad doesn't get us a striker ?? ) 'old' smartcards in circulation, and there is bound to be one chancer trying to bluff their way in with an invalid card

My mate who I sit with had Smartcard problems. He was also told his card was "invalid" and had to traipse round to the TO to get a replacement paper card. This caused him to miss the first 10-15 minutes of the game.

I can see absolutely no benefit to this card system, and predicted this fiasco about three months ago (as many other jambos did.)

My mate had his card taken off him by the ticket office, and has to go and collect it again before the Zagreb game. Bearing in mind that we both live about 40 minutes drive from Tynie and he doesn't drive.

I missed the first 25 minutes yesterday due to my card being rejected ?425 well spent so far plus the ?32 for the Zagreb top-up. The TO guy assured me that I will be sent a replacement card "though if it doesn't arrive by Thursday (Wednesday really because I am at work before the post arrives) just pop back to the ticket office on Thursday" . Other peoples season-ticket seats appeared to have been sold from under them - hopefully just for this match not the whole season. While I accept I have been unlucky so have a significant number of other Hearts fans judging by the length of the queues on Sunday.

The thing that annoyed me the most though was some fud with Hearts tie on in the ticket office who expressed his surprise that peoples cards did n't work as "all of the stands were open for the Sunderland game" several people pointed out that we don't do friendlies, seems like Hearts expected us to pay for a meaningless friendly so the system could be tested.

Had the same problem with my season ticket coming up as invalid and them having sold my seat to someone else. Luckily they were able to give me a seat right behind my normal one.

I was raging about it yesterday but to be fair, I've just been down to the ticket office and they had my new valid card ready along with a letter explaining that the problem was due to a software error which also affected about 30 other people and as a gesture of goodwill they have made my card valid for any home Scottish Cup matches this year. They also confirmed that I've definitely got the Zagreb game loaded on and that they have started contacting people who have bought my seat for future games to let them know about the screw up.

I don't think I could really have asked for anymore than that and certainly didn't expect the bonus of the Scottish Cup games so credit due to Hearts on this occasion for getting it sorted quickly.

Archived