Time to stop the OTT reactions

hearts_crazy

hearts_crazy

Alright guys, we've all had our wee moans and groans about Monday and Thursday, myself included. But some of the stuff people are posting on here is way way over the top.

Okay, we were beaten by Dundee Utd on Monday, It was always going to be a difficult fixture, it was made more difficult by our ersehole of a Captain, but actually I didn't think overall we deserved to lose that game. On Thursday we got as right royal humping, no two ways about it. First half especially I thought I was watching the Italian national side against Arbroath under 12s or someting. We will no doubt get horsed tomorrow and again on Thursday. BUT, some of the stuff that has been said on here is ridiculous.

Csaba must go - Why FFS, because we didn't beat a team that would have wiped their erses with every other team in our country?

We are going to finish bottom 6 - Based on what? One game against a team that have become a bit of a bogey team for us in recent seasons and one game against a team that is on a whole other level than anyone in OUR league?

We are relegation material - Whoever wrote that on a thread the other night there, if you are not a Hobo, just feck off and grow up.

'Insert name of player here' is gash/not fit to wear the jersey etc etc. To my mind there are only two players who presently deserve to be fitted into that bracket, Captain marvelous, who is a heedless chicken and complete liability and that lazy fecking winker Nade. The remainder have come in for some very unfair critisism IMO. Especially after Thursday, our defence was slagged off mercilessly, but 28 shots on target to 4 goals scored, does that point to a crap defence to you? Becasuse it doesn't to me. It's the Midfield that was the problem on Thursday, we are rounding our anger on the wrong players IMO.

Our first 4 fixtures of this season are probably the hardest we have ever faced. We have a lot of new faces, and I know it becomes somewhat cliched, but it's true nevertheless, they will take time to get up to speed with the game in this country and to gel as a unit. Until then can we at least give them the benefit of the doubt, or are we going to go for the booing players ploy which is always so brilliant for team morale.

I don't see us winning tomorrow, and I don't see us avoiding another humping on Thursday, but the season is a marathon, not a sprint. When we are up to full strength, and when our new players have had time to adapt we will come good. Have patience my fellow Jambos.

Rant ends.

Well I agree with you, if no-one else does.

I'm really getting fed up of all the wrist slashing, Woe, Woe and Thrice Woe stuff from all quarters

Thig Ar Latha
Alright guys, we've all had our wee moans and groans about Monday and Thursday, myself included. But some of the stuff people are posting on here is way way over the top.

Okay, we were beaten by Dundee Utd on Monday, It was always going to be a difficult fixture, it was made more difficult by our ersehole of a Captain, but actually I didn't think overall we deserved to lose that game. On Thursday we got as right royal humping, no two ways about it. First half especially I thought I was watching the Italian national side against Arbroath under 12s or someting. We will no doubt get horsed tomorrow and again on Thursday. BUT, some of the stuff that has been said on here is ridiculous.

Csaba must go - Why FFS, because we didn't beat a team that would have wiped their erses with every other team in our country?

We are going to finish bottom 6 - Based on what? One game against a team that have become a bit of a bogey team for us in recent seasons and one game against a team that is on a whole other level than anyone in OUR league?

We are relegation material - Whoever wrote that on a thread the other night there, if you are not a Hobo, just feck off and grow up.

'Insert name of player here' is gash/not fit to wear the jersey etc etc. To my mind there are only two players who presently deserve to be fitted into that bracket, Captain marvelous, who is a heedless chicken and complete liability and that lazy fecking winker Nade. The remainder have come in for some very unfair critisism IMO. Especially after Thursday, our defence was slagged off mercilessly, but 28 shots on target to 4 goals scored, does that point to a crap defence to you? Becasuse it doesn't to me. It's the Midfield that was the problem on Thursday, we are rounding our anger on the wrong players IMO.

Our first 4 fixtures of this season are probably the hardest we have ever faced. We have a lot of new faces, and I know it becomes somewhat cliched, but it's true nevertheless, they will take time to get up to speed with the game in this country and to gel as a unit. Until then can we at least give them the benefit of the doubt, or are we going to go for the booing players ploy which is always so brilliant for team morale.

I don't see us winning tomorrow, and I don't see us avoiding another humping on Thursday, but the season is a marathon, not a sprint. When we are up to full strength, and when our new players have had time to adapt we will come good. Have patience my fellow Jambos.

Rant ends.

Disagree with the bit I highlighted, but agree with the rest of what you posted. :2thumbsup:

I agree about the two players you name. also need to look at the RB position, can Kurcharski play there I wonder, think he looks more solid than others in the back 4.

Hearts getting beat - not a problem. Been watching them a long time now and understood very early on that it was going to be part of my life I would have to learn to accept.

Hearts getting beat whilst looking totally disjointed and like they've only just met each other - that's a problem that I can't just accept.

Rant ends.

A few of us have said things to this end on other threads, but it deserved it's own. Well said HC.

I would add that our team is not good enough to be missing Driver, Larry and Clum (as well as Lee and Zali for the Utd game). Like it or not, these guys are big players for us - possibly our biggest 5 and, especially with the amount of new guys, it's MASSIVE to be missing them.

I'm not overly worried yet, even if we do lose today and Thursday, and i have a good feeling about today

One flew over

Agree withe the general tone of this thread, early season with a new team and fairly decent oppostion up against us it ain't as bad as some would make out. What I do expect in the coming weeks is a profesional attitude with the work rate increased and a never say die mentality installed! If all else fails endeavour will get you some rewards!

Agree with most of what the OP has said and i have had my bitch about the players but this "it's going to take time for the new players to gel" that just doesn't rub with me.

Did it take along time for Skacel,Jankuaskas,Brellier,Fyssas and miko to gel ?NO! you want to know why! Because all of the above players mentioned were total Quality and were brilliant even in there first pre season games when you compare this to Black,Suso,Bouzid,Kucharski and Weetabix.....well not much i or any other poster hasn't left unsaid about them.Apart from Black I don't think we have signed one decent player and we still don't have a striker with only a few days left in the transfer market! I'm glad your Confident about this season tho.

Archived