Well done Burnley (merged threads)

RenfrewHearts

Burnley 1-0 at half time. Wouldn't it just be brilliant if they won.

Yep I'm very fond of their strip this season :10900:

Excellent stuff, lets hope they can hold them out for another 45 min. Bit strange seeing Steven Fletcher in a claret shirt :hat2:

RenfrewHearts
Excellent stuff, lets hope they can hold them out for another 45 min. Bit strange seeing Steven Fletcher in a claret shirt :hat2:

Are you watching the game? Or did you just see him from watching the highlights of their first game.

ha ha 1-0 to burnley,going to be a good day at work tomorrow with all the red mancs,only one team in manchester:10900:

germanysallstars

for football in general a cracking result,it gives all underdogs hope..i despise man utd so it brought a smile to me,,what was the odds with the bookies on that 1 i wonder

Good result that, but there is still a long way to go. Only a month to go to the derby. Anyone planning on going down to COMS this season ?

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Tell you what it really looks like Owen Coyle has got something. Everytime you hear him speak he talks complete and utter sense. No nonsence, no trying to wind people up, just sensible straight forward answers. And to take Burnley from bottom of the Championship to tonight takes much more than luck.

Tell you what it really looks like Owen Coyle has got something. Everytime you hear him speak he talks complete and utter sense. No nonsence, no trying to wind people up, just sensible straight forward answers. And to take Burnley from bottom of the Championship to tonight takes much more than luck.

A question for you..do you think he seriously wavered when offered the Celtic job as the press reported? At the time I thought Coyle you are out of your head if you give up the opportunity to manage in the EPL for that job..but then again if he had no faith in his prospects with Burnley there could have been some truth in it as well. Was it truth or was it fiction? I was relieved when I heard he was going nowhere to be honest but I can't understand how any manager would even have considered giving up that prospect to manage any SPL side even his beloved hoops. It could be a relegation scrap for him in April..nobody knows that so early in the season..but I think it speaks volumes he stayed where he is.

Good result that, but there is still a long way to go. Only a month to go to the derby. Anyone planning on going down to COMS this season ?

I'll be down a few times no doubt.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL
A question for you..do you think he seriously wavered when offered the Celtic job as the press reported? At the time I thought Coyle you are out of your head if you give up the opportunity to manage in the EPL for that job..but then again if he had no faith in his prospects with Burnley there could have been some truth in it as well. Was it truth or was it fiction? I was relieved when I heard he was going nowhere to be honest but I can't understand how any manager would even have considered giving up that prospect to manage any SPL side even his beloved hoops. It could be a relegation scrap for him in April..nobody knows that so early in the season..but I think it speaks volumes he stayed where he is.

Would think Lawell would have enough awareness not to even bother trying to get Coyle up the road to this league. He's started something at Burnley that can obviously only go so far (theyre not going to win the league and even a cup is a big ask) but if he sits tight then a bigger EPL job will come his way without a doubt

The Old Tolbooth

Just wanted to say a very well done to Burnley, I've always had a soft spot for them and even more so now that they horsed manure 1-0 tonight, what a result for them and Turf Moor looked to be rocking at the final whistle :10900:

Something Ferguson does which really gets on my thrupennies.

Play your best team, get the game won then rest(after a whole 1 game!) players. Burnley would have really fancied their chances seeing that team starting.

Good goal to win it though. Amazing how many teams do not have strikers taking penalties though.

Splendid stuff. I look forward to those putting down Liverpool's title chances after losing one game applying the same argument to the Glams being pumped. However, I've just seen a pig fly where that plane should have been and realise the aforementioned will do their Officer Barbrady impressions!!

Rooney should have seen red for that challenge

Infact he should start each game with a yellow card anyway, cos he's that ugly

The Old Tolbooth

Ha ha ha, Phelan comes out to do the interview for manure after the match, I wonder if that's because old bacon face is too sick to do it!! :laugh:

I love their new strip..very retro..who cares about Coyle and Fletch?? that's just so narrow minded .. next you'll be telling me red is nearly claret..have a word. Didn't you fall in love with a bunch of underdogs yourself? :lightbulb:

Well done Burnley :10900:

Burnley = Fletcher & Coyle.

I hope they get beasted out of sight in every game they play in.

u saved me key strks

Ha ha ha, Phelan comes out to do the interview for manure after the match, I wonder if that's because old bacon face is too sick to do it!! :laugh:

Whisky nose boycotts the BBC because they had the audacity to reveal his son Jason's dodgy dealings as an agent.

Or because Sir Alex hasn't done an interview with the BBC in years.

Well done Burnley,that was one result i never expected tonight :smiley2:

And Jermaine Defoe's hatrick for Spurs was sublime :2thumbsup:

Just wanted to say a very well done to Burnley, I've always had a soft spot for them and even more so now that they horsed manure 1-0 tonight, what a result for them and Turf Moor looked to be rocking at the final whistle :10900:

There best result since the Days of Ralph Coates.

my E-team are man u, but burnley deserved it. the red devs are known for slow starts, nothing new there.

you all know we will prevail anyway.

GGMU!

The Old Tolbooth
Whisky nose boycotts the BBC because they had the audacity to reveal his son Jason's dodgy dealings as an agent.

Completely forgot about his BBC self imposed ban, I wasn't thinking about what channel it was on when I was pishing myself laughing. :10900:

my E-team are man u, but burnley deserved it. the red devs are known for slow starts, nothing new there.

you all know we will prevail anyway.

GGMU!

Ronaldo had a slow start last season.So we will have to wait and see how they do without him to bail them out.

I'm going to Saturday's game against Wolves.Looking like Hull and Chelsea before Christmas as well.

Was at Blackburn last week and looks like i'm going to Wigan in October.

Archived