Velicka suffers knee ligament damage

Cracklin' Rosie

Cracklin' Rosie

Feel sorry for the guy. 11 minutes into his Bristol City debut. Thought only we had that much bad luck.

Get well soon big man.

marshallschunkychicken

Bad news for the guy.

Does that mean he'll have the loan deal cancelled and get bumped back up to Rangers?

Bad news for the guy.

Does that mean he'll have the loan deal cancelled and get bumped back up to Rangers?

Nope... that means we'll sign him on a three year deal and make him the clubs top earner!:10900:

It is a shame for him, he showed a desire to play football when he could have sat like last season and just picked up his hefty wage packet at Rangers.

Feel sorry for the guy. 11 minutes into his Bristol City debut. Thought only we had that much bad luck.

Get well soon big man.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10327,00.html

He only lasted 5 minutes according to the above and was receiving treatment on the park for quite a while.

A real shame for him and I hope it is not as bad as it appears. Get well soon Andreas

From a Bristol local rag

Andrius Velicka's Bristol City career is almost certainly over before it has properly begun.

Signed on a season-long loan from Scottish Premier League champions Glasgow Rangers, the Lithuanian international striker made his Coca-Cola Championship debut as a substitute in last night's 1-0 win over Queens Park Rangers at Ashton Gate.

But he had been on the field only five minutes when he was struck down by a freak knee injury. There was no-one near the 30-year-old former Hearts forward when he twisted awkwardly on the turf and collapsed to the ground in agony.

Velicka received treatment for several minutes before being carried from the field wearing a leg brace.

He was later taken to hospital and, although City manager Gary Johnson was unable to reveal the nature of the injury, Ashton Gate medical staff later suggested the eastern European had damaged his posterior cruciate ligament.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/sport/Shock-injury-mars-Bristol-City-win-QPR/article-1263746-detail/article.html

Notorious BIG

bristol are awaiting a scan on him, the worst case scenario is that he mises the rest off the season!!, he will be going back to rangers!

A real shame for the guy. Interesting to see that was his first game for Bristol City but in the 2009/10 SUSPENSIONS & INJURIES section of their website it states Velicka has had a red card.

I certainly haven't forgot his badge-kissing antics for the Huns last season in his first game. I can't say i am bothered a jot that he has injured his knee.

WHO cares Is he a JAMBO

No he's not.

He's a Lithuanian journeyman who kisses the Huns badge after one game. I have no real dislike for him, but crying over his injury and subsequently calling him a Jambo is ludicrous.

It must be a case of 'absence makes the Heart grow fonder' (no pun intended) because he got a hell of a lot of stick on here when he was at Hearts; some of it bordering on disgusting at times.

Get well soon big man.

thats what happens when you sit on the bench too long.

No he's not.

He's a Lithuanian journeyman who kisses the Huns badge after one game. I have no real dislike for him, but crying over his injury and subsequently calling him a Jambo is ludicrous.

It must be a case of 'absence makes the Heart grow fonder' (no pun intended) because he got a hell of a lot of stick on here when he was at Hearts; some of it bordering on disgusting at times.

He was a good player for us and scored a few decent goals. Not nice to slag him when he's down just because he's moved on. He wasn't a Ritchie or Webster. Hope he recovers and does well.

Say What Again

As posted on the thread already, it's been confirmed he's out for the season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bristol_city/8209239.stm

Does anybody actually know what happens in this situation? Is it just hard lines Bristol City? If they've agreed a small fee for the loan and are paying the players wages, I take it they will continue to do so for the rest of the season?

Archived