Zaliukas and Stewart

heartsfc_fan

heartsfc_fan

Should Csaba play them against D.Zagreb?

In mind we have an important game against Rangers this coming Sunday, and they will be suspened for this, so throwing them in against Zagreb might not be such a bad thing for conserving other players energy (such as Black, who is a rival for Stewarts position, and probably Kucharski and Goncalves for Zali's).

If neither play on Thursday, who is going to step in as captain...and for the Rangers game? :hang:

Some important decisions for Csaba on Thursday...I am praying we can turn in a Bordueax-Basle-esq performance and result.

COME ON HEARTS

Stewart should be sent to rot in Kaunas. He is a disgrace of a footballer. If he had a brain even half the size of his ego, he'd have remembered he was already on a yellow and realised the consequences of another stupid challenge. I suppose he's not paid to think. Mind you, what is he paid for ??

heartsfc_fan
Stewart should be sent to rot in Kaunas. He is a disgrace of a footballer. If he had a brain even half the size of his ego, he'd have remembered he was already on a yellow and realised the consequences of another stupid challenge. I suppose he's not paid to think. Mind you, what is he paid for ??

Fair enough.

I am surprised Stewart hasn't come out with an "I'm sorry" on Hearts.TV or something - what I'd expect from a captain.

...obviously not

just spotted this on a scotsman article, our captain/vice captain have accumulated 9 red cards in 2 years. that probably accounts for over half our red cards,

CRIME COUNT

Michael Stewart's red cards

2009-10

v Dundee United (A). Lost 0-2

2008-09

v St Mirren (A). Won 1-0

2007-08

v Gretna (A). Drew 1-1

v Dundee United (A). Lost 4-1

Marius Zaliukas's red cards

2008-09

v Celtic (H). Lost 2-0

v Aberdeen (A). Lost 1-0

v Falkirk (H). Lost 1-0

v Aberdeen (A). Drew 0-0

2007-08

v Dundee United (A). Lost 4-1

HillmanHearts

Yes to Zal - Because he is a good centre back and despite us being not too bad in the centre of defence on Monday - we will be up against a much better attack in Zagreb. ( He needs to keep the heid tho ! )

No to Stewart because he was basically pash against Utd and also in the recent friendlies. When he's out of form he is liability. ( I'm not a Stewart hater by the way - just cold facts ! )

Yes to Zal - Because he is a good centre back and despite us being not too bad in the centre of defence on Monday - we will be up against a much better attack in Zagreb. ( He needs to keep the heid tho ! )

No to Stewart because he was basically pash against Utd and also in the recent friendlies. When he's out of form he is liability. ( I'm not a Stewart hater by the way - just cold facts ! )

Have to agree with Zal. Despite being impressed with both Bouzid and to a greater extent Kucharski on monday night I think Zaliukas adds greater quality to the defence as long as he doesn't lose the plot. This would also allow either Bouzid or Kucharski to be fresh for the rangers game.

I think Csaba will start with Stewart but I would much rather see Black take his place.

I think he needs to put Zal in on Thursday. Though he's blessed with the crazy gene he is, unlike Stewart, the best player we have for his position and on his day is a very decent CB. Stewart? I'd hope he'll be warming the bench watching Black play. I imagine though Csaba will start with him which doesn't fill me with joy.

I think he needs to put Zal in on Thursday. Though he's blessed with the crazy gene he is, unlike Stewart, the best player we have for his position and on his day is a very decent CB. Stewart? I'd hope he'll be warming the bench watching Black play. I imagine though Csaba will start with him which doesn't fill me with joy.

I'm confident Zal will play and I don't think will let us down. Zal doesn't get the same type of red card as Stewart. He doesn't make ridiculous fouls or 2nd bookings really. Remember that last season, 2 of his reds were unjust. The second 2, highly unprofessional, but i really believe the season and what he perceived to be prejudice, got on top of him and he reacted badly. I don't see a problem the big lad this season and he's a good CB. I hope I'm right!!!

MS will start, I'm pretty sure of that. Duno what I think about it tbh. He really let us down on Monday. Monday could hinder his performance in all sorts of way tomorrow. I guess Csaba will have to judge how he's reacted to it. It'd be a big game to throw Black in to and again, maybe Csaba will have to judge that on the basis of his character as much as anything else

Zaliukas in midfield tommorow.God i hope not.I'd go 5 in midfield and for that you either have Stewart in there or Jonsson moved there.Can't see him moving Eggy and it sounds like he is dropping Ginger arms.

Stewart should not play.

Not because he is a disruptive, hot head that let the team down AGAIN on Monday.

He should not play for one reason - he is PISH.

Miller Jambo 60

Frank true about Zal big lad who is hard to get past.

Stewart would be good player if he screwed the head.

Zal .........yes

Stewart.....Hope i never see you again.

Both seem to like getting sent off against Dundee Utd,......3 between them.

Silverymoon92

Can i ask what Zaliukas has done to recieve all this negativity? It's that Ginger ******* Stewart that should never darken the riccarton doors again. Zaliukas is yet to prove he can be a good captain and i hope he can be but a part of me hopes hes ****e so Bouzid gets a shot as he looks like a natural leader. While i am on the subject i am away on a rant about Stewart. Michael Osama Stewart is the biggest waste of oxygen i have ever clapped eyes on and if it were up to me he would be released as he is a danger to any opposition player he is a complete tool who even when handed the captains armband continues to try and compete with Zaliukas on the red card count. He has cost the club more money and trouble than he is worth and i for one hope he falls off something high. Rant over!

Malcolm Tucker
Can i ask what Zaliukas has done to recieve all this negativity? It's that Ginger ******* Stewart that should never darken the riccarton doors again. Zaliukas is yet to prove he can be a good captain and i hope he can be but a part of me hopes hes ****e so Bouzid gets a shot as he looks like a natural leader. While i am on the subject i am away on a rant about Stewart. Michael Osama Stewart is the biggest waste of oxygen i have ever clapped eyes on and if it were up to me he would be released as he is a danger to any opposition player he is a complete tool who even when handed the captains armband continues to try and compete with Zaliukas on the red card count. He has cost the club more money and trouble than he is worth and i for one hope he falls off something high. Rant over!

....Has he knobbed yer ma or something??

Stewart should not play.

Not because he is a disruptive, hot head that let the team down AGAIN on Monday.

He should not play for one reason - he is PISH.

Lets get this clear so no-one is disappointed when it happens

Michael Stewart is the club captain and will play and will be captain against Dinamo Zagreb

Csaba has already publicly supported him, going directly against the opinion of most Hearts fans I would suggest, and I'd be gobsmacked if he dropped him or took the captaincy off him.

EDIT : FECK ME senseless. It would appear from the other thread that he has said Zal will be captain !!!!! I am officially gobsmacked. Hows he going to explain that having publicly supported the erse ? Is he going to explain it ?

Lets get this clear so no-one is disappointed when it happens

Michael Stewart is the club captain and will play and will be captain against Dinamo Zagreb

Csaba has already publicly supported him, going directly against the opinion of most Hearts fans I would suggest, and I'd be gobsmacked if he dropped him or took the captaincy off him.

EDIT : FECK ME senseless. It would appear from the other thread that he has said Zal will be captain !!!!! I am officially gobsmacked. Hows he going to explain that having publicly supported the erse ? Is he going to explain it ?

He said that yesterday and there was a thread on it. It now appears he has change his mind again and Stewart will be captain...

Thunderstruck
just spotted this on a scotsman article, our captain/vice captain have accumulated 9 red cards in 2 years. that probably accounts for over half our red cards,

Doesn't tell the whole story though, does it!

Zaliukas has 5 reds and, in my view, two were justified:

Falkirk for lamping the guy - retaliation and only ever going to get a red.

Aberdeen for the sneaky kick last May.

The others:

At Tannadice - wrongly dismissed for trying to release himself from Wilkie's Stranglehold.

At Pittodrie - nobody apart from Brines thought he headbutted Miller.

Tynecastle vs Sellik - forward was offside and he never made contact in any case.

So, another example of how, if you say something often enough, the gullible will eventually take it as gospel. Another good example is the nonsense that "he costs us a goal every time he starts".

Zaliukas is generally under-rated and, at this time, is as good as any other CB in Scotland. He should start tomorrow.

Of Stewart's dismissals, I recall that the one v Gretna was a con by the Gretna player. The rest, the behaviour of a hothead.

Captain Lithuania
Class!

I haven't been on for a while because of tinternet probs, but this reaction to MS's red card is classic JKB.

What a bunch of whinging drama queens you all are.

Both should play on Thurs, because they are our better players - something necessary in such a game.

:qqb017:

IF Mikey Stewart CAN keep the heid then he should play as should Zal not convinced bout either for capt. but then who else is there Wallace? 2 quiet Kingston? 2 injury prone and lazy it's a case of 1 out of 2 rotten eggs

Archived