Was it all that bad?

Dave 1974

Well, it could've been worse, but not by much.

We, frankly looked like we we're still on a pre-season tour and it was plain to see that there was very little cohesion between the players, especially the newer lads.

Bouzid & Kurcharski will be a solid pairing in time. They looked good as individuals, but were left wanting as a partnership.

How many times have we seen Eggy Jonsson get mugged in that situation? He really needs to improve that side of his defending. Lobbing a lazy leg into an oncoming player in your own box is just asking for trouble.

Mikey Stewart. Mmmmm. I said to the wife before K.O. that he was on for at least a yellow card because he just can't help himself and well, he surpassed himself and bagged yet another red card. Well done son.

Suso will ba a handful once he stops trying to do everything himself. He reminded of Skacel in glimpses, but not in a good way. The Skacel that was frustrated and kept trying to run the ball through brick walls rather than play the simple pass.

Juho Make......sorry Witteveen offered very little in terms of team play. Was a big lump sitting up top with very little movement and we already have Nade filling that slot.

Christ, we need a proper striker.

Plus points were that Ruben still looked a player. Tackled well and distributed his passing well. Obua looks better with every game.

All in all, give us another few weeks to gel in proper matchday situations, and we'll be a very good team. We are just not at the races yet and for the zillion'th time, we need a god damn striker.

I thought that we looked disjointed and lacking in match sharpness in comparison with United. I think our central defence really came onto a game in the 2nd half and that we will be well covered there when we get everyone fit and in tune with each other.

Jonsson was poor but will improve. Suso in the first half especially left him exposed on several occasions and that was indicitive of our overall tactical indiscipline.

Concalves was excellent I thought and will provide able cover for Wallace.

Obua was decent and I think i'd play him up front instead of Wittiveen.

On Wittiveen, he is too similar to Nade. It's one or the other from now on.

The main issue though, clearly was centre midfield. Ruben again was composed and tidy but Stewart was reckless, not just in his tackling but his positioning and his passing. Everything broke down through him.

I think the game showed that we have enough good players, indeed better players than united that if we had another competent midfielder(which we did on the bench) and a striker we would have probably got at least a point.

We had 4 new players, 2 of these at centre half. It will take time for them to gel and get used to the game here and Tannadice is a difficult place to go at the best of times.

I started typing this feeling quite down about our prospects but in hindsight i don't think we should write off our season on the back of that result.

maltese jambo
Well, it could've been worse, but not by much.

We, frankly looked like we we're still on a pre-season tour and it was plain to see that there was very little cohesion between the players, especially the newer lads.

Bouzid & Kurcharski will be a solid pairing in time. They looked good as individuals, but were left wanting as a partnership.

How many times have we seen Eggy Jonsson get mugged in that situation? He really needs to improve that side of his defending. Lobbing a lazy leg into an oncoming player in your own box is just asking for trouble.

Mikey Stewart. Mmmmm. I said to the wife before K.O. that he was on for at least a yellow card because he just can't help himself and well, he surpassed himself and bagged yet another red card. Well done son.

Suso will ba a handful once he stops trying to do everything himself. He reminded of Skacel in glimpses, but not in a good way. The Skacel that was frustrated and kept trying to run the ball through brick walls rather than play the simple pass.

Juho Make......sorry Witteveen offered very little in terms of team play. Was a big lump sitting up top with very little movement and we already have Nade filling that slot.

Christ, we need a proper striker.

Plus points were that Ruben still looked a player. Tackled well and distributed his passing well. Obua looks better with every game.

All in all, give us another few weeks to gel in proper matchday situations, and we'll be a very good team. We are just not at the races yet and for the zillion'th time, we need a god damn striker.

I'm glad Suso tried to do everything himself because he was the only one who turned up yesterday in a Hearts jersey with any sort of hunger to win that game or even at the very least compete.

Was it all that bad?

Well, yes it was very bad. It doesn't get much worse than getting horsed by a bunch of less talented but much more committed professionals led by a much more tactically aware manager.

If Csaba thinks Wittenveen is a football player and Mikey Stewart is a captain, I despair for out future.

The way I seen it was...Disjointed, but in spells we looked a better team than DU. I think shabba needs to work on some aspects of the team...the two up front is not going to work as we were playing like we were a man down (whiteveen was bad) before Stewart was sent off. we would have been better going with just Nade up fron and having another MF on...Black playing further up top though.

I still felt even after the sending off we could have got something. The rash challanges need to be nipped in the bud now....Johnsson, Bouzid, Stewart all need to learn to stay on their feet and cut of the angles or push them wide...whatever it takes...lunging in will see us down a man more than once this season unless shabba makes an example of them.

Once Zal, wallace, Driver and dare I say it...Clum are back we will have more cohesion.....callum gives us the link between midfield and attack that was missing last night....thats why I would rather play with 1 upfront untill we get somone else in or Clum is fit!

It was pretty pish but the internet and message boards are made for people ranting their disgust at all & sundry. So last nights over reaction was fully expected.

We will still finish 3rd, we will struggle for goals all season long again but the defence was missing Wallace and Zal. In midfield we were missing a player on the park and Driver although The Black Stork put in a decent shift down the left.

Archived