Tottenham - 10M for Scott Brown pants.

Frankenstein Jambo.

It was good to watch him more observantly on wednesday night.

The boy is a headless chicken with a good engine. he cannot score, has no composure on the ball, has absolutely no control of the ball, finds it difficult to play a simple pass. A player who becomes a liability every single game by getting into confrontations with opponents (some people call it passion, I call it lack of professionalism).

This is not a rant on a Ex-Hibee Celtic player, this is an honest opinion of a hugely over-rated player.

Please don't turn this thread into an foul-mouthed insult thread.

The boy is a headless chicken with a good engine. he cannot score, has no composure on the ball, has absolutely no control of the ball, finds it difficult to play a simple pass. A player who becomes a liability every single game by getting into confrontations with opponents (some people call it passion, I call it lack of professionalism).

This is not a rant on a Ex-Hibee Celtic player, this is an honest opinion of a hugely over-rated player.

totally agree

Good post.Sadly the type of player Burley rates highly.Brown has always been overrated.A thug that runs about all day.

Totally disagree, Brown would walk in to our team, no question. Remember wednesday was his first start since surgery in the close season. Burley played him but yet Mowbray does'nt because he is not fit enough or up to speed yet.

Brown is a very good player, who will only get better.

And we should'nt let our green/hibs/celtic tinted glasses cloud our judgement.

Griclesfield

if spurs paid ?8million for Alan Hutton ?10million for Scott Brown is a bargain

not saying he is worth it but a very good midfielder.

given that he isnt prob 100% fit he could walk into premiership team ( outside the top 4 )

As much as i hate to say it, a fully fit Scott Brown is a really good player, and could walk into virtually any EPL team outside the top 4 at present. Having said that he is overly hyped up and overly rated by the mhanks and the Scottish media to the extent they think he is world class, which he is not.

The Future's Maroon

I think there is too many people blinkered by who he plays for now (and in the past), as said he wasnt fit on Wednesday. He is one of the best Scottish Midfielders we have at the moment, and if he were to go to Spurs I think he could push on even further. Look at Celtics game the other week - he got brought on and changed the game for them.

?10m is a bloody high amount yes, but as said clubs in England will pay over the score for players (Hutton/Gordon/Ferguson(lol)).

What has being unfit got to do with making crap passes and crossing.Brown cannot pass,shoot or cross a ball.He is Scotlands answer to Vinny Jones.10 million for a player that runs and kicks for 90mins.

What has being unfit got to do with making crap passes and crossing.Brown cannot pass,shoot or cross a ball.He is Scotlands answer to Vinny Jones.10 million for a player that runs and kicks for 90mins.

Have to agree. It has nothing to do with the fact he's an ex-hibs player at all. I'd be gutted paying ?10m for him. Not that we have that sort of money obviously but he's simply not worth the asking price. I felt really sorry for him when his sister died and it takes a strong person to cope with that, I also thought it may mature him....but he's still a bit of an idiot on the park at times as well.

Good luck to him if he gets that transfer..he'll need it.

Thanks for backing my earlier post, Benny.

The alternative replies all say he is a good/great player, but don't say why.

He doesn't score, has no composure on the ball, passes poorly. I never mentioned his tackling, which is generally rash or wild. He is an athlete, who bombs around the park but creating very little (headless chicken).

He will run through a brick wall, so what. For ?4.4m that Celtic paid, I would want a lot more rounded player. ?10m FFS get real Harry.

Brown is a good midfielder by SPL standards - but ?10m? No way. Its true he wasn't fully fit on Wednesday but he looked so off the pace it was unreal.

When judging Scott Brown, I always think back to that run of big derby wins we had a couple of years back - the key factor in those games IMO was that Hartley had Brown in his back pocket every time. Would Spurs have paid ?10m for Hartley? I doubt it.

Well said salecc, I agree with you.

Brown is a decent player on his day, but is hugely over rated, and is worth no ware near ?11million..

Tbh I dont think there's any player in scotland worth ?10million..

Brown is a good midfielder by SPL standards - but ?10m? No way. Its true he wasn't fully fit on Wednesday but he looked so off the pace it was unreal.

When judging Scott Brown, I always think back to that run of big derby wins we had a couple of years back - the key factor in those games IMO was that Hartley had Brown in his back pocket every time. Would Spurs have paid ?10m for Hartley? I doubt it.

Another good point.Cannot think of a derby game named after him.

Interesting.

10m for an EPL player is not really mega-money these days, but difficult to think that any Spurs fans watching Brown's inept display on Wednesday will think they're getting a bargain. And supporters raised on Darren 'Sicknote' Anderton and Jonathan Woodgate aren't going to look favourably on a player who struggles to make a fist of things when unfit.

Another good point.Cannot think of a derby game named after him.

Neither can I..

Will Burley learn his lesson with squad selections? Probably not. Wednesday has to be the worst choice of starting 11 I've seen in a very long time. Granted it was going OK until Caldwell got sent off but the pack of cards collapsed after that and they had nobody on the park to pull it together. Paul Hartley may be pushing on in years but he's still a great player and I'd never leave him out of a Scotland starting line up. He's more than just a footballer..he's well respected and has leadership qualities. We really missed that midweek.

Watched the Celtic game yesterday and Celtic totally lost there shape when he came on.As posted above he just runs about like a headless chicken,sometimes it will come off for him but i honestly don't think he knows what he's doing when he gets the ball.

Terrible player. If he ever moves to the premiership he'll end up either back at the SPL, or one of the relegation threatened teams or the championship

He's the modern-day Paul McStay.

Good player ? Yes.

Outstanding player ? No.

Totally overhyped by the media because of who he plays for ? Absolutely.

Worth ?10M ? No fecking chance, not even in Premiership terms.

He's the modern-day Paul McStay.

Good player ? Yes.

Outstanding player ? No.

Totally overhyped by the media because of who he plays for ? Absolutely.

Worth ?10M ? No fecking chance, not even in Premiership terms.

Now now LC, everyone knows that anyone who came through Hibs as a youngster is one of the greatest players of all time, look at the list of successes:

Ian Murray

Gary O'Connor

Derek Riordan

Tam Mcmanus

Kevein Thomson

Scott Brown

A truly stellar list, up there with Ajax, Barcelona, and Man Utd's youth system.

Now now LC, everyone knows that anyone who came through Hibs as a youngster is one of the greatest players of all time, look at the list of successes:

Ian Murray

Gary O'Connor

Derek Riordan

Tam Mcmanus

Kevein Thomson

Scott Brown

A truly stellar list, up there with Ajax, Barcelona, and Man Utd's youth system.

Always thought he was the best of the lot.He always looked comfortable on the ball.Good passer and worker.

Think if he did go down south he would just be another Robbie Savage type

player - game would miss him out - far far better players than him so he

would probably just push,shove and be headless chicken - imo - good deal

for Celtic if it happens

Broonaldo is pish.

All he does is hack people down and start aggro.

Only gets away with it coz he plays for a weegie club.

Hibs were lucky to get ?4mil for that huddy.

Always thought he was the best of the lot.He always looked comfortable on the ball.Good passer and worker.

I'd certainly say he's been the biggest success out that list - would have him in the Scotland starting lineup ahead of Brown anytime

I think there is too many people blinkered by who he plays for now (and in the past), as said he wasnt fit on Wednesday. He is one of the best Scottish Midfielders we have at the moment, and if he were to go to Spurs I think he could push on even further. Look at Celtics game the other week - he got brought on and changed the game for them.

?10m is a bloody high amount yes, but as said clubs in England will pay over the score for players (Hutton/Gordon/Ferguson(lol)).

gotta agree. he's a great player, not world class but certainly very, very good. too many folk with the blinkers on in this thread.

Archived