Andy Murray

HMFCjamieHMFC

As much as i dispise the hibby.... He done Britain proud in Wimbledon and now he's no2 in the world. Thats something....

The Old Tolbooth

Del Potros only 20 years of age, how come he tired so much in a 3 set match? He would never last a 5 set job at Wimbledon that's for sure.

Miller Jambo 60
Del Potros only 20 years of age, how come he tired so much in a 3 set match? He would never last a 5 set job at Wimbledon that's for sure.

Aye done us proud

Hungry hippo

Del Potro won last week in Washington then played a few gruelling matches against this week including defeating Nadal and Roddick. Then with the heat in the final against one of the most relentless opponents was too much for him on this occasion, but I wouldn't rule him out of contention for a Slam based on his conditioning.

Del Potro is a big threat to the top 3 on his day, including over 5 sets, and continues to get better.

Delighted for Murray. it's going to be a tough few weeks ahead for him though defending Cincinatti and getting to the final at least of the U.S open. Surely a major can't be far away, surely.

I kinda think that if he wins this years U.S he could go onto get 5+ majors. If he doesn't win a major in the next 18 months i would still expect him to win one but probably only one.

Mon the Murray:10900:

Era Macaroons

3 cheers for Murray....what a star:2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

its good to have a tennis player that cuts the mustard, so I can forget about that wee ponce Henman.

I P Knightley

He's just beginning the defence of his Cincinatti Masters title. A bit slow to start, he had to win a tie break but he's motoring in the second set with a break already*.

I think we can put the slow start down to the distraction of knowing it was nearly 9pm in Edinburgh and that there was a chance of there being strange, loud metal objects in the air.

* A claim that could come back to bite me very hard in the bum!

Miller Jambo 60
If Mr Murray was ever to read half the pish you spout on here, I'm he'd call you something far worse than a hobo :smiley2:

HA Ha im worried too you HOBO

Gavsy Van Gaverson
HA Ha im worried too you HOBO

Ouch.

That hurts.

I suppose it beats being Kickbacks resident dafty.

:smiley2:

I P Knightley

That's Andy Murray PUMPED OOT the Cincy masters by Roger Federer in the semis.

Whilst it's no embarrassment to be beaten by the greatest player ever to have lived, it seems like AM hasn't had his game head on for the last couple of matches. Hope he uses the next couple of days to sort himself out for the US Open.

• 2 months later...
First tournament after injury and he wins. Well played Andy.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2009/11/Valencia-Sunday-Murray-Lifts-Trophy.aspx

Novak won the Swiss title today so Murray stays 1300 points behind.

He really needs to get close winning the Paris Masters and Tour Finals to stay close to Novak for the year end.

It will be interesting for him next year. He's going to come back bigger and stronger (again) next year. This will probably be the last year he can do this.

If he doesn't win a big one, then the year after he is going to have to completely reshape his actual game.

I P Knightley
Novak won the Swiss title today so Murray stays 1300 points behind.

He really needs to get close winning the Paris Masters and Tour Finals to stay close to Novak for the year end.

It will be interesting for him next year. He's going to come back bigger and stronger (again) next year. This will probably be the last year he can do this.

If he doesn't win a big one, then the year after he is going to have to completely reshape his actual game.

I fully agree on the last point. Having been very successful in the best of 3 comps so early in his career, the last thing he wants is a set of statistics like those for Tim Henman, trundling along just in the shadow of the main players for the next 7 or 8 years - especially when some of the greatest drug users in the sport continue to believe in him.

Looking at the rankings, he should be concerned that he's nearer to JMDP in 5th spot than he is to Djoko in 3rd. I know he missed some points through injury but had he performed better in Oz and US Opens this year, it wouldn't be the case.

He's just short of $10m career winnings (plus endorsements) so he needn't worry about where his next meal is coming from and should concentrate of doing whatever it takes to get a Slam in the bag.

Andy Murray, brilliant, well done san!!!

Why did someone have to tarnish his high standing reputation by saying hes a hibby? Why?

the last thing he wants is a set of statistics like those for Tim Henman, trundling along just in the shadow of the main players for the next 7 or 8 years

Henman was never in the same class as Murray.

Henman was never in the same class as Murray.

Entirely correct. But tennis being tennis, it's by the Slams you shall know them. There's a mounting danger that Del Potro's breakthrough in New York could presage other players doing so next year, while Murray is left still waiting.

DETTY29 is absolutely right: he really only has 12 months now before he has to completely reshape his game: a process that would be fraught. Henman re-shaped his game under Larry Stefanki, improved his ranking... yet ceased to be any kind of threat at the Slams.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived