OFFICIAL 'NOT IN MY NAME' THREAD!

bobskeldon

I would like to publicy declare that Mr A Gowans or the Shareholders Association does not represent this fan's view! End of! Please comment /sign

accordingly.

As a shareholder I agree with the comments made. More is the pity it has taken this long. :mad:

Nelly Terraces
All that is fine Nells, it's more the tone for me than anything else.

If you want to be professional, act it at all times.

No, fair point there Watty old son. But I think VR should adhere to your last line regarding being professional at all times, i.e. goats/cabbages, monkeys etc.:wacko:

It works both ways really. Anyway, storm in a teacup this. Think I'll find another thread that involves abusing reptilian hobos. Much more enjoyable!;)

Father Tiresias
I would like to publicy declare that Mr A Gowans or the Shareholders Association does not represent this fan's view! End of! Please comment /sign

accordingly.

So Bob, what is your view??:confused:

No, fair point there Watty old son. But I think VR should adhere to your last line regarding being professional at all times, i.e. goats/cabbages, monkeys etc.:wacko:

It works both ways really. Anyway, storm in a teacup this. Think I'll find another thread that involves abusing reptilian hobos. Much more enjoyable!;)

Too right fellah.

Oh we hate Hibees and we hate Hibees.

accordingly.

Just read that load of pesh! The guy obviously thinks he has his "finger on the pulse" regarding fan's opinions.

Moron. Both for the timing of the statement and (given what's happened in the past) the possible repercussions if Vlad throws a cream puff at him. Hope he's not the chairman of anything for much longer.

Signed.

So Bob, what is your view??:confused:

My view is that VR has made a complete erse of many things to date (mostly football related) AND made a fantastic job of many things (mostly non football related). I am delighted that VR has/is attempting to correct most (if not all) of the things he has made an erse of. The timing of this 'letter', and I use the term very loosely is 'strange' and it's content / structure is embarrassing. I do not want anyone not just VR to think that the 'author', and I use this term even looser than before represents me. Simple really!

My view is that VR has made a complete erse of many things to date (mostly football related) AND made a fantastic job of many things (mostly non football related). I am delighted that VR has/is attempting to correct most (if not all) of the things he has made an erse of. The timing of this 'letter', and I use the term very loosely is 'strange' and it's content / structure is embarrassing. I do not want anyone not just VR to think that the 'author', and I use this term even looser than before represents me. Simple really!

As a shareholder - I'm with you Bob.

Not in my name.

Sorry to be a pain..................could someone tell me where I can read this???

sorry GOT IT NOW .... IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

accordingly.

I recall a similar thread after the Trust released their infamous statement, and things continued to deteriorate. Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

For me, it's about time there was something like this said. I don't think it was rude, I just think it tells Romanov exactly how most of the Hearts fans MUST be feeling. If you are happy with a statement on the website then there is something wrong with you.

I think it has come at the right time and has told Romanov that he must now prove to the Hearts fans that he geniunely means what he is saying.

I don't understand where this sudden feelgood feeling has come from for some of you. We're in a worse position in the league then 01/01, and we could well get knocked out of the cup at the first hurdle.

We need a proper manager, with FULL control over all team matters. Until this happens, and he maybe lasts in the job until at least the end of the season ..... ;) then I might feel more happy.

Surprised any of you at all are turning on this letter.

As a shareholder - I'm with you Bob.

Not in my name.

Shareholder too ..............defo not in my name!!!!!

Surely others have agreed with this, as he cannot just write this and not have this sanctioned by any other members.........which is very worrying

Rudolf's Mate

Bit shocked by the response it's getting to be honest!

Agreed it's not exactly going to win him the noble piece prize however the amount of people on here saying something must be done yet hang someone out to dry once they do is quite remarkable!

Yes it?s too late by a country mile. Yes it?s not worded the best way. There is no way that it was going to represent everyone?s views however at least they have done something rather than come on a forum saying something should be done and do nothing.

It's not completely representative of my views however it's certainly scratched the surface and that's good enough for me :mad:

When things "look" like changing for the better do you not agree that confrontational statements like this do more harm than good?

This "letter" is the the Shareholders Association Chairman's Annual report to the members to be presented along with the Annual Accounts etc at the Associations AGM. The word annual is a clue here he is talking about the past year as a whole i.e not one good news day out of 365.

Can't disagree with any of his comments to be honest. I'll be at the AGM in a fortnight as will Pedro Lopez it might be discussed then but I can't see any problem with it apart from the way it was twisted by the Evening Hibs.

This letter was distributed to members of the HMSA. I don't imagine it was also sent to Barry Anderson for publication. However a slow news day results in it being transcribed verbatim into their rag.

I don't know Gowans, but I'm struggling to see what he has said which conflicts with the majority of Hearts supporters (who, incidentally, he has never purported to represent). I think his critics are in trouble when their main objection is: 'It's not what he said, it's the way he said it'; An argument normally employed by 14 year old girls.

And as for those of you suggesting we should indulge in grovelling and sycophantic praise for Romanov to prevent him from harming the club - get a grip. That sounds alarmingly like a battered woman defending her husband to prevent a further beating.

It seems like Romanov has turned an alarming number of Hearts supporters into adolescent, supine, invertebrate abuse victims - nice.

I'm pretty sure appeasement rarely works. It hasn't worked here, so far.

PS. I'd recommend the HMSA dinners; good food and some decent speakers.

And as for those of you suggesting we should indulge in grovelling and sycophantic praise for Romanov to prevent him from harming the club - get a grip.

I've not seen anyone say that.

The problem is the wording and the tone of the letter. (I don't know how that makes me a 14 year-old-girl though)

Gowans on behalf of the HMSA has released this 'letter' and should have ensured it was suitable for puplication. I'm sure in his official capacity at the HMSA he would be unimpressed to recieve a similar letter from a member or an official from HMFC plc.

I've not seen anyone say that.

The problem is the wording and the tone of the letter. (I don't know how that makes me a 14 year-old-girl though)

Gowans on behalf of the HMSA has released this 'letter' and should have ensured it was suitable for puplication. I'm sure in his official capacity at the HMSA he would be unimpressed to recieve a similar letter from a member or an official from HMFC plc.

This sounds a lot like 'don't **** Vlad off or he might hurt us':

When things "look" like changing for the better do you not agree that confrontational statements like this do more harm than good?

When a guy who is a Hearts supporter makes an honest statement which chimes with what most of us think and is crucified because of the 'tone' or 'amateur' nature of his letter - I think it's time for people to get a grip. Are we Hearts supporters or Romanov supporters?

He does not claim to represent Hearts supporters in general or even shareholders in general. This is his annual statement, as Chairman, where he appraises the past year. The letter was not specifically for publication but has been selectively reproduced by a lazy 2nd rate journalist struggling for a story.

"Not in my name" - nobody ever claimed it was, unless your name is Gowans.

This sounds a lot like 'don't **** Vlad off or he might hurt us':

Aye, okay. :wacko:

This is his annual statement, as Chairman, where he appraises the past year. The letter was not specifically for publication but has been selectively reproduced by a lazy 2nd rate journalist struggling for a story.

So it was released by him (Gowans) on behalf of himself, presumably Mr Gownas plc (well he is the Chairman) :rolleyes:

No, didn't think so.

It is (you have said) the annual statement of the Chairman of the Heart of Midlothian Shareholders Association. Therefore it should be written in an appropriate manner.

NOT IN MY NAME.

Whilst i may have agreed with some of the sentiment, the arrogant, smartarsed, amateurish way it was worded will have done no good whatsoever.

ALEX GOWANS, YOU HAVE MADE A COMPLETE CHERRY OF YERSEL. FOOL.

Mr Sifter can speak in my name!

accordingly.

Are you a shareholder? If not then he's not claiming to represent you.....

It is (you have said) the annual statement of the Chairman of the Heart of Midlothian Shareholders Association. Therefore it should be written in an appropriate manner.

The shareholders association is a disparate group of individuals, like any other group of Hearts supporters. I think it highly unlikely that a consensus exists regarding Romanov among HMSA members which could be succinctly summarised.

I'm not sure how many times I can say it but, here goes: Gowans comments represent one man: Gowans. No one else. Did he ever claim to represent the views of HMSA members? No.

Can anyone pick out an opinion he expressed which they disagree with?

I remain unimpressed by the number of Hearts supporters who criticise a fellow Hearts fan who has done nothing more than speak his mind. That strikes me as gutless and hypocritical.

He does not claim to represent Hearts supporters in general or even shareholders in general. This is his annual statement, as Chairman, where he appraises the past year. The letter was not specifically for publication but has been selectively reproduced by a lazy 2nd rate journalist struggling for a story.

Spot on. Relax the rest of you. It wasn't even addressed to Romanov - it was from the chairman to the members. No one has written anything 'in your name'.

siegementality

accordingly.

It needed said, he said it. The only problem I have with it is that he didn't mention how much of a wee ****** Romanov is:).

It needed said, he said it. The only problem I have with it is that he didn't mention how much of a wee ****** Romanov is:).

Which one?

Deranged, narcissistic, small man syndrome, banker OR

Matalan suit, ?2 haircut, spoiled daddy's boy, Rodders.

Are you a shareholder? If not then he's not claiming to represent you.....

I am a fan not a shareholder and because I am not sure if you have actually read the letter, I have extracted the text where the terms 'fans' or 'supporters' or 'We' or 'Ours' explicitly or implicitly imply a collective responsibility or endorsement of the entire text. Hope this clarifies it a bit for you.

"will not be tolerated by fans (not shareholders)"

"should have the support of all Hearts fans (not shareholders)"

"regarded by all Hearts supporters (not shareholders) as a day of infamy"

"Supporters (not shareholders) sang your name from the stands"

"justify to the supporters (not shareholders)"

"after our (whose?) support for your plans"

"We (who?) were asked to "believe" in your master plan"

"supporters (who?) will once again start singing your name from the stands"

"When that day comes around you will know that the supporters (not shareholders) are beginning the process of welcoming you back into our (whose?) Hearts community. We (who?) are pleased that you have finally had a wee word with yourself."

If this guy had used 'shareholders' throughout, I may still think it is a terrible letter BUT as I am not a shareholder it would not have 'mis-represented' my views as a Hearts 'supporter'.

Francis Albert
Spot on. Relax the rest of you. It wasn't even addressed to Romanov - it was from the chairman to the members. No one has written anything 'in your name'.

It wasn't addressed to Romanov? That makes it even odder, because at various points he seems to be talking directly to Romanov, including the rather nauseating passage about the circumstances in which Vlad will be welcome back "in the Hearts community".

Francis Albert
Matalan suit, ?2 haircut, spoiled daddy's boy, Rodders.

So, for the son of a multi-millionaire, not so spoiled then?

siegementality
I am a fan not a shareholder and because I am not sure if you have actually read the letter, I have extracted the text where the terms 'fans' or 'supporters' or 'We' or 'Ours' explicitly or implicitly imply a collective responsibility or endorsement of the entire text. Hope this clarifies it a bit for you.

"When that day comes around you will know that the supporters (not shareholders) are beginning the process of welcoming you back into our (whose?) Hearts community. We (who?) are pleased that you have finally had a wee word with yourself."

If this guy had used 'shareholders' throughout, I may still think it is a terrible letter BUT as I am not a shareholder it would not have 'mis-represented' my views as a Hearts 'supporter'.

Bob, seriously, have a word with yourself. Are you telling me that you don't agree with anything in that "statement".

siegementality

"alleged" multi millionaire.

portobellojambo1

accordingly.

As a non member of HMSA Alex Gowans is fully aware he does not speak for me.

For the record I do not believe this to be a letter, but a statement, to be included in a pack sent to members of HMSA. A letter is something you put a name and address on and send to said named recipient. I would also like it noted that I suspect all shareholders of HMFC are also fans of that club, so when refering to a group of shareholders as fans the term is perfectly acceptable in my eyes.

End of Story. ;)

Hang on. I aspire to Matalan suits.

Nucky Thompson
wee ******
You use that phrase all the time, you seem to have an obsession with wee cocks:whistling: Maybe you should start going to Easter Road, you'll find plenty down there.

Archived