OFFICIAL 'NOT IN MY NAME' THREAD!

bobskeldon

I would like to publicy declare that Mr A Gowans or the Shareholders Association does not represent this fan's view! End of! Please comment /sign

accordingly.

Guest JamboRobbo

I'd like to say I agree with what the shareholders association said, and the only problem I have with it is it should've been said 18 months ago.

As a shareholder, statements like this are exactly my reasoning for not joining the Association.

Too few people who talk out of their fat collective arseholes.

As a shareholder, statements like this are exactly my reasoning for not joining the Association.

Agree with WK.

NOT IN MY NAME.

Whilst i may have agreed with some of the sentiment, the arrogant, smartarsed, amateurish way it was worded will have done no good whatsoever.

ALEX GOWANS, YOU HAVE MADE A COMPLETE CHERRY OF YERSEL. FOOL.

Shareholder as well and thats my reasoning as well for not joining the Association.

Oh for goodness sake will you listen to yourselves! The amount of snivveling and grovelling aimed towards Vlad is embarassing and cringeworthy. Mad Vlad has made a complete and utter arse of things - he needs a kick up the erse and told to get his finger out, and needs to be left in no doubt that we dont want his input into the team. The only problem with this letter is the same problem we had with the last letter - it is too lenient.

Oh for goodness sake will you listen to yourselves! The amount of snivveling and grovelling aimed towards Vlad is embarassing and cringeworthy. Mad Vlad has made a complete and utter arse of things - he needs a kick up the erse and told to get his finger out, and needs to be left in no doubt that we dont want his input into the team. The only problem with this letter is the same problem we had with the last letter - it is too lenient.

And months late!!!!

Bollox

Nucky Thompson
I wondered when you would you would appear:cool:

I'd like to say I agree with what the shareholders association said, and the only problem I have with it is it should've been said 18 months ago.

Agreed - at least he is putting himself out there to be shot down rather than hiding on a forum.

HOBO

Agreed - at least he is putting himself out there to be shot down rather than hiding on a forum.

Where has he been for the last 18 months then? was he cryogenically frozen and just thawed out yesterday?.

like you care hobo

Where has he been for the last 18 months then? was he cryogenically frozen and just thawed out yesterday?.

Where were WE for the last 18 months??

Noodling around on a fans forum when action was required.

Vlad_Knows_Best

Thats the problem JR...........he should have said this 18 months ago but did not.

Why as I said earlier has he chosen to say it now when at last there is some progress regarding VR.

Father Tiresias
I would like to publicy declare that Mr A Gowans or the Shareholders Association does not represent this fan's view! End of! Please comment /sign

accordingly.

What has he said?

"We are pleased that you have had a wee word with yourself"

Aye, very professional :P

Phrases like that I cannot agree with. I do agree with (by and large) the concerns, the way the letter was written was a problem for me.

I would be willing to wager that they outlined what they wanted to say, and gradually fleeced it out to add the cheek as they felt a little sappy.

When things "look" like changing for the better do you not agree that confrontational statements like this do more harm than good?

There's an article from The Guardian some time ago about the Schalke fans' reaction to a potential Russian investor and to what they perceived as underperformance by the team. It's been doing the rounds for some time now and is a splendid piece of journalism.

The situation Schalke faced was nothing like as bad as the one we're in now. Not even remotely as bad. But the fans made sure the management and the players knew exactly what they thought.

I mention it because every time I read the craven reaction of some of our fans to the few occasions when straight talking is done, I feel ashamed.

Perhaps the statement is too late. Perhaps it's not well worded, and it's certainly not diplomatic. But it's high time all the supporters' organisations issued statements on behalf of their members telling Romanov that enough is enough - regardless of the latest promises from the club's website. I'm afraid asking Charlie to speak nicely to Vlad has been less than successful as a model for communicating supporters' concerns to Romanov.

The argument that the bully will pick up his toy and walk away with it if anyone reproaches him for his excesses is never one I've thought worthy of Hearts or Hearts fans.

Phrases like that I cannot agree with. I do agree with (by and large) the concerns, the way the letter was written was a problem for me.

I would be willing to wager that they outlined what they wanted to say, and gradually fleeced it out to add the cheek as they felt a little sappy.

Sounds like they were having a drink whilst writing it, and got more smart arsed the more bevvies they had.

So many people on here who spout "something must be done!!"

Then as soon as someone tries to do something (perhaps amateurishly) they are outraged by the cheek of someone daring to speak out

Make up your mind. Take action or don't... but don't do nothing and then moan about nothing being done.

I never ever thought I'd be saying this, but I agree with HOG, too.

As I said on another thread, I may not fully agree with the words but I go along with the sentiments.

So many people on here who spout "something must be done!!"

Then as soon as someone tries to do something (perhaps amateurishly) they are outraged by the cheek of someone daring to speak out

Make up your mind. Take action or don't... but don't do nothing and then moan about nothing being done.

Perhaps!

Nobody is saying, don't say anything/don't complain.

Just do it in the right way, that way you're more likely to get a result.

Surely a spokesman for the shareholders assoc should know this, and if not he shouldn't be the spokesman!

Nelly Terraces

Can I just say, I've just read the statement form the boy, and can't see a word wrong with it.

I'd like those who do to tell me what he's said that they don't agree with, as in short it sounded like; Vlad, you're OK, but you've made a ****** of it the last 2 years, please this time, don't dick around with the team, let the new manager get on with it, and keep the fax machine in the box.

The trouble with that is?....

I am quite thankful that this statement is certainly NOT IN MY NAME.

Ill thought, unprofessional and poorly timed are just the start of what is wrong with that grossly inept attempt at self promotion. Sorry lads, were you not invited to Lithuania then?

Didn't think so.

Rod.

Can I just say, I've just read the statement form the boy, and can't see a word wrong with it.

I'd like those who do to tell me what he's said that they don't agree with, as in short it sounded like; Vlad, you're OK, but you've made a ****** of it the last 2 years, please this time, don't dick around with the team, let the new manager get on with it, and keep the fax machine in the box.

All that is fine Nells, it's more the tone for me than anything else.

If you want to be professional, act it at all times.

Precisely

The "had a word with yourself" line is a rather glib ending but is intended by the writer (IMO) to take the edge of the formality of the communication.

I wonder what all those protesting at it here would say if Vlad came out tomorrow and said "fair enough, I get your point now"

(not that it'll happen... but the language gestapo need to get over themselves)

Precisely

The "had a word with yourself" line is a rather glib ending but is intended by the writer (IMO) to take the edge of the formality of the communication.

I wonder what all those protesting at it here would say if Vlad came out tomorrow and said "fair enough, I get your point now"

(not that it'll happen... but the language gestapo need to get over themselves)

Yeh mate, spot on. I wonder what would happen if we went on to win the league and cup double next year eh? That would show that Gowans was right eh?:blink:

the voice from above

The sentiment isn't what I would expect people to have a problem with. My problem rests with the fact that the letter appears to have been written either by a ten year old or someone who's had a few too many. How well do you think 'We're glad you've had a wee word with yourself' translates into russian? There are good points to be made, but if I'm Vladimir Romanov and I read this I'm going to laugh at it and toss it in the bin.

Guest JamboRobbo
When things "look" like changing for the better do you not agree that confrontational statements like this do more harm than good?

To be honest, I doubt it makes any difference at all.

But I still think it was a valid thing to say. I'll respond by quoting a fellow Hearts fan.....

The argument that the bully will pick up his toy and walk away with it if anyone reproaches him for his excesses is never one I've thought worthy of Hearts or Hearts fans.

Sounds like they were having a drink whilst writing it, and got more smart arsed the more bevvies they had.

That did occur to me.

The sentiment isn't what I would expect people to have a problem with. My problem rests with the fact that the letter appears to have been written either by a ten year old or someone who's had a few too many. How well do you think 'We're glad you've had a wee word with yourself' translates into russian? There are good points to be made, but if I'm Vladimir Romanov and I read this I'm going to laugh at it and toss it in the bin.

Probably something like...

"We are glad that you are now listening to the voices in your head."

Translates well ! :laugh:

Yeh mate, spot on. I wonder what would happen if we went on to win the league and cup double next year eh? That would show that Gowans was right eh?:blink:

We're not going to win anything, never mind the league and cup double, this year or any other under Romanov's stewardship unless he does actually see sense and appoints a manager with full, independent, authority over such areas as team selection, tactics, formation, substitutions, etc., etc.

As some others have said, the SA statement could probably have been better worded and a bit more diplomatic, but what is actually said by them is pretty difficult to refute.

Having said that, kissing his bottle-and-glass at every available opportunity hasn't exactly worked wonders either, has it...???

:wink:

agreed sean the time for this statement was months ago or god forbid later

All that is fine Nells, it's more the tone for me than anything else.

If you want to be professional, act it at all times.

Professional? Like Romanov?

It works both ways.

As does respect - Nelly T's amended version would have been more in keeping with the respect Vlad shows us.

Professional? Like Romanov?

It works both ways.

As does respect - Nelly T's amended version would have been more in keeping with the respect Vlad shows us.

Absolutely.

boabyarsebiscuit

Dear Mr Romanov,

Please bend me over and smack my botty like the naughty boy I am.

And please don't send Eduardas Kurskis back to Kaunas. Pretty please. Sugar on top.

Signed,

boaby

Archived