Tomorrow night - predictions

Carl Weathers

Carl Weathers

I cannae wait!!! I've really missed the football over the summer and will get the first look at my new seat in section G.

I'm predicting a 1-1 draw, with 12 subs in the second half!:sorcerer: I had a look at the Bolton squad - hardly inspiring and I think they will struggle next season.

Current squad

No. Position Player

1 GK ?d?m Bogd?n

2 DF Nicky Hunt

3 DF Jlloyd Samuel

4 DF Paul Robinson (on loan from West Brom)

5 DF Gary Cahill

6 MF Fabrice Muamba

7 MF Matthew Taylor

8 MF Joey O'Brien

9 FW Johan Elmander

11 MF Ricardo Gardner

14 FW Kevin Davies (captain)

15 DF Gr?tar Steinsson

16 MF Mark Davies

17 MF Riga Mustapha

No. Position Player

18 DF Sam Ricketts

19 MF Gavin McCann

20 FW Ricardo Vaz T?

21 MF Tamir Cohen

22 GK Jussi J??skel?inen

23 MF Sean Davis

24 DF Danny ****tu

25 DF Zat Knight

26 GK Ali Al Habsi

29 FW Zolt?n Hars?nyi

30 DF Chris Basham

31 DF Andy O'Brien

35 FW Tope Obadeyi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolton_Wanderers_F.C.

In the battle of the kits, we win 1-0.

Bolton_Wanderers-football-kit-2009-2010.jpg

image.php?type=P&id=921

jambojackbilly

Hate to say it and will be chuffed to be wrong, but

3-0 Bolton

Just cant see Hearts scoring, though i will attend in the hope we do something special

:th_love:

Only a Game

3-0 Bolton

Just cant see Hearts scoring, though i will attend in the hope we do something special

Dont really need to see anything special. If we could see the beginnings of a virtually new team gelling and giving Bolton something to deal with at some part of the game, I'll be quite happy.

Pretty mehhhhh on the score to be honest, as long as its not humiliating and we come away thinking one or two of the new players are awright then its cool even if we lose.

Bunny Munro

2-1 Bolton, Suso to score, indirectly, from a free kick, possibly a tap in after a Zaliukis knockdown.

Carl Weathers

I can't wait for my first look at the new players - particuarly Suso. The first home friendly is always quite interesting when new signings have been made.

Lots of substitutions by both sides.

I'd have a rule that in friendlies subs can only be made at half time, 60mins and 75mins.

Don't see the point in bringing 1 player on, then 3mins later stoppng for another sub, then 4 mins later another one.

I'd have a rule that in friendlies subs can only be made at half time, 60mins and 75mins.

Don't see the point in bringing 1 player on, then 3mins later stoppng for another sub, then 4 mins later another one.

Aye does my head in aswell. I don't get the point of making 5 or 6 changes either. The team needs to gel and whatever Csaba's first choice 11 are they need to get 90mins under their belts.

portobellojambo1

I'll go along and watch tomorrow night's game, and Saturday's game versus Sunderland, with no real care what the final score is. All I'll really be looking out for is some sign that the team is gelling together, and that we will be ready when the real business starts, versus Dundee United at Tannadice on 17 August.

I cannot understand people that get so wound up about the results of pre season fecking friendly matches, to me they are extended training sessions. While I was a little disappointed in the performance down at Southampton, in hindsight I think that probably had more to do with the 26 hours travelling to and from the game, and the fact I didn't see any of that gelling mentioned above.

Don't have a clue what to expect, but would like to see the Portuguese lads although Im not sure they will play.

Don't have a clue what to expect, but would like to see the Portuguese lads although Im not sure they will play.

was just about to say the same thing.

Maybe I'm being overly optomistic by hoping the striker could be 'the answer'. We can but hope.

Hopefully the striker will get a run out. It seems to have gone all quiet on that front also though.

Carl Weathers
I'll go along and watch tomorrow night's game, and Saturday's game versus Sunderland, with no real care what the final score is. All I'll really be looking out for is some sign that the team is gelling together, and that we will be ready when the real business starts, versus Dundee United at Tannadice on 17 August.

I cannot understand people that get so wound up about the results of pre season fecking friendly matches, to me they are extended training sessions. While I was a little disappointed in the performance down at Southampton, in hindsight I think that probably had more to do with the 26 hours travelling to and from the game, and the fact I didn't see any of that gelling mentioned above.

You can't read too much into the result (unless we win:sorcerer:).

I'm more looking forward to the match day experience and viewing the new players.

alwaysthereinspirit

I think that the new guys will get a lift from their first home game and we will win 2 - 1.

I would hope to see less substitutions than in previous friendly's this season. Csaba needs to be thinking about the Dundee Utd game and giving his prefered first XI a decent chance to gell.

Don't see the point in Zal getting much of a run out in the next two games as he is suspended for the first 4 games is he not?

Fourcandles
1-3 Witteeven with a header.

Wot he sed.............

Hearts 1 (davie Pitenweem) Bolton 3.

:hammer:

I've got my mates season ticket (smartcard) so i'm going for a couple of beers beforehand and to test if this seasons pies will be worth swapping weekend shifts for..

i'd like to see some commitment from the players, signs hat they can play together and maybe a goal or two.. although thats maybe wishful thinking!!

got a good feeling about witeeveeenenen (sp?) and i'm hoping he'll come into his own when the season starts proper..

can't see another striker being brought in at this point, its almost as if its the same old same old gets trotted out every transfer window and its a bit predictable tbh..

i'll settle for goals from anywhere on the park and a lack of them going into our own!

Mon the Hearts!!

3-0 Bolton

if that happens there is no point in competing in the europa league because bolton were miles off the pace of fulham villa and everton who got in it

Bunny Munro
I would hope to see less substitutions than in previous friendly's this season. Csaba needs to be thinking about the Dundee Utd game and giving his prefered first XI a decent chance to gell.

Don't see the point in Zal getting much of a run out in the next two games as he is suspended for the first 4 games is he not?

He can (and i'm guessing will) play in Europe though.

JamTarts1874
I never said it was a bold prediction. :)

Hearts 4 - 1 Bolton

Now THAT is a bold prediction!

Archived