Wearing Green...

The Colonel

The Colonel

Is it acceptable?

I had a green t-shirt on (not emerald/hobo-esque green) and my Dad had a pop at me! Seems stupid but does anyone avoid green clothing for the obvious reasons?

Is it acceptable?

I had a green t-shirt on (not emerald/hobo-esque green) and my Dad had a pop at me! Seems stupid but does anyone avoid green clothing for the obvious reasons?

your dad was right mate, i never wear green.

chester copperpot
your dad was right mate, i never wear green.

Ditto, fecking horrible colour.

Is it acceptable?

Your father is wise beyond his years. Green mings.

if i could paint my grass and hedge maroon without killing them i would. fecking hate the colour green.

If you wear green out in this country people will automatically assume your something bad, a hibs fan, or a celtic fan... i would hate to be mistaken for either :thumbsdown:

Hungry hippo

Would never wear the Hibs kind of green even if it wasn't their colour.

Having said that, I did wear a sort of green (khaki) t-shirt for the victory parade in '98 in a sort of mini-protest about the amount of people who were going on about on about how 'we' had done it etc but had never been to a game in about 10 years/ever. That wouldn't bother me these days but at the time I kind of felt that I had endured a lot to get to that point (as most on JKB will have also) and some people were getting all gain but no pain.

Not that I was thinking too much about that after the best day of my life.

I will wear khaki green combats but make sure that's the limit.

I once did buy myself a green tshirt out of tesco thinking "that might be nice for going out in" but didn't wear it once and ended up binning after 3 months :)

Rick Grimes

this old chestnut?

green's a lovely colour on everything bar a football shirt.

The Colonel
this old chestnut?

green's a lovely colour on everything bar a football shirt.

That's my thinking, I fecking hate the colour that hibs and celtic wear. The top i have wasn't remotely like it in the sense of shades of green. :15:

Ive got one green t-hirt which gets worn occasionally (painting, working on car, etc).

Right now, I have a pack of highlighters on my desk. Five out of six are running dry, guess which one hasn''t been touched....

I've got a couple of green tops.

I never ever wore when I was younger and at school, but deosn't bother me now.

One thing though, I would never buy a green toothbrush.

Would never wear the Hibs kind of green even if it wasn't their colour.

Having said that, I did wear a sort of green (khaki) t-shirt for the victory parade in '98 in a sort of mini-protest about the amount of people who were going on about on about how 'we' had done it etc but had never been to a game in about 10 years/ever. That wouldn't bother me these days but at the time I kind of felt that I had endured a lot to get to that point (as most on JKB will have also) and some people were getting all gain but no pain.

Not that I was thinking too much about that after the best day of my life.

What an utterly bizarre "protest".... bet you sure showed them though huh!

The People's Chimp

I DONT PLAY FOOTBALL BUT ON INDOOR OR RED BLAIZE PITCHES BECAUSE I H8 THE COLOUR GREEN THAT MUCH COS I AM THAT GOOD A JAMBO THAT I WONT PLAY ON GRASS OR EVEN TOUCH ANYTHING THAT IS GREEN.

Do The Dance
What an utterly bizarre "protest".... bet you sure showed them though huh!

:laugh:

Exactly what I was thinking.

As an Ulsterman it's a tricky subject. But at the end of the day I'm always club before country, so even at NI games it's not the green top!

Doctor FinnBarr
As an Ulsterman it's a tricky subject. But at the end of the day I'm always club before country, so even at NI games it's not the green top!

I know you've family over there but you didn't sound very Belfast when I spoke to you.

Back on topic, I do own combat trousers and I have an RUC anorak in green (with big pouches for body armour) which on the bike is easily the most waterproof thing I have ever worn!

:sorcerer:

I wear the sort of army colour but thats it. And I fail to see that it is green.

In reference to the ****ty horrible hibby green, then absolutely no way.

It's not nice.

The regal, royal maroon is where my Heart lies. It's stunningly superior to that base *****.

Hibs - nae colour, nae fans, nae history, nae ****ing class.

My old man was involved in a serious car accident recently..

See when the paramedics turned up in there green boiler suits..:arghh:

Telt them tae get right tae feck.

Dinnae even like using first buses because they replaced Eastern Scottish who's buses used to be Green, sad but true, never used to have a problem wearing dark green, but not anymore.

There are enough colours out there to ensure you never ever have to wear green.

Khaki combats are only just acceptable. Thats all tho.

I'll never wear green. Always always associated it with one of "those two" as a kid, and Ive taken the automatic accociation into adulthood.

green = hibs and/or celtic = ahm no wearin it

Only when attending Northern Ireland games.

This.

And the missus bought me a green t-shirt once, although it's a manky colour, it is a nice t-shirt.

Dont own a single piece of green clothing and cant ever see it happening :hammer:

Ditto. Never ever seen in green

I like a nice racing green, but certainly not that horrible, filthy green!

I wore a British racing green RL shirt to the 1998 cup final, maroon sits very nicely with that shade.

Your dad's right...

Green is a GAY colour and should NOT be worn!

Unless your a hobbo!

I've got a couple of green tops.

I never ever wore when I was younger and at school, but deosn't bother me now.

One thing though, I would never buy a green toothbrush.

same. never have used one, never will!

The Future's Maroon

Green is a no go for me too, never bought any green clothes - wont say I never will tho!

I was actually shopping at the weekend and I pointed out to the person with me that a shirt I seen would be alright if it didnt have the green in it!! Sad but true!

Petty, yes.

But no green clothes or sweets. Green vegetables only for anti-cancer reasons.

I wouldnt even use a green tooothbrush let alone wear anything green , i know it's quite petty but i just cant help it.

Archived