Car tyres

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth

I openly admit that I'm hopeless at this sort of thing, but upon pricing 4 tyres for my car I was a bit shocked to learn that it was going to cost nearly ?300.

I had a look online to see if there were any cheaper versions, or companies who did the same tyres but were cheaper, and came across these fellas http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?add_to_cart=Bestellen&cart_id=63486587.110.1628&4|R-158057|40.40|Rotalla+F105+205%2F50+R17+93W+XL|155=1&ranzahl=4&dsco=110

?160 for 4 tyres sounds a bit more like it, but are they any good?

I seem to remember the old advert on the telly saying never mix Crossply and Radial etc, and always been a bit wary of cheaper tyres, or mixing and matching.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Have you tried Black Circles

http://www.blackcircles.com/

Just put a new tyre on my old Merc and they were ?20 cheaper than Budget on a Michelin tyre (?48 as opposed to ?68)

I have a discount code here too that'll save you another 5%

Sexton Hardcastle

try camskill or black circles.

Both are cheap. Camskill match a price if you find it cheaper i think and black circles can arrange fitting for you so its alot easier. I could pass you to a mate who works at bc and he could prob get you an extra 5/10% off. PM if you find the ones u want on their site.

The Old Tolbooth
try camskill or black circles.

Both are cheap. Camskill match a price if you find it cheaper i think and black circles can arrange fitting for you so its alot easier. I could pass you to a mate who works at bc and he could prob get you an extra 5/10% off. PM if you find the ones u want on their site.

I tried Black Circle also but they wanted ?56.60 per tyre which was a bit more expensive than Mytyres.co.uk, who do the whole fitting thing also.

Someone also said that Costco is cheap for tyres

chester copperpot

Mate, there's a cracking place on the way to Cowdenbeath that do mucho's mucho's cheap tyres.

Cannae remember the name of the place, but it's on the main road in Crossgates and the guys are spot on. I got charged about ?34 for a tyre, and they weren't even the cheapest one's.

*Edit, Fair Deal Tyre's they are called. Spot on.

Another pint racked up by Copperpot and his astounding advice.

Walter Kidd
Mate, there's a cracking place on the way to Cowdenbeath that do mucho's mucho's cheap tyres.

Cannae remember the name of the place, but it's on the main road in Crossgates and the guys are spot on. I got charged about ?34 for a tyre, and they weren't even the cheapest one's.

That's the boys. Good lads as well. Let me know when you are going so I can give Linda a shout.

Miller Jambo 60
Have you tried Black Circles

http://www.blackcircles.com/

Just put a new tyre on my old Merc and they were ?20 cheaper than Budget on a Michelin tyre (?48 as opposed to ?68)

I have a discount code here too that'll save you another 5%

Aye they are good, got 2 Firestones for 120 pounds 205s

The Old Tolbooth

*Edit, Fair Deal Tyre's they are called. Spot on.

Another pint racked up by Copperpot and his astounding advice.

?65 a tyre through them mate, although they are good, however I can buy them through http://www.mytyre.co.uk and get them fitted there and pay ?12 a wheel for fitting which works out cheaper, the guy just explained it on the phone.

The Old Tolbooth
That's the boys. Good lads as well. Let me know when you are going so I can give Linda a shout.

So when I'm out getting 4 new tyres you can pop round so she can play with your spare one? :D

The Old Tolbooth
Stay away from kwik fit anyway

Totally agree mate, that's the last place I would ever use.

Jambof3tornado

costco are sort of cheaper than kwik fit but tend to stock only top end tyres,michelin premacy etc.

Blackcircles or mytyres are best. Used both with ease and saved a bomb!!

The Old Tolbooth
costco are sort of cheaper than kwik fit but tend to stock only top end tyres,michelin premacy etc.

Blackcircles or mytyres are best. Used both with ease and saved a bomb!!

I called Costco and they wanted ?175 per tyre :eek:

I nearly asked if they came with gold hubs :wacko:

I tried Black Circle also but they wanted ?56.60 per tyre which was a bit more expensive than Mytyres.co.uk, who do the whole fitting thing also.

Someone also said that Costco is cheap for tyres

you most likely won't get the same michelin tyre cheaper, but michelins your choice.

don't think i'd want to scrimp too much on a tyre, the cheaper you pay the longer it takes you to stop

I openly admit that I'm hopeless at this sort of thing, but upon pricing 4 tyres for my car I was a bit shocked to learn that it was going to cost nearly ?300.

I had a look online to see if there were any cheaper versions, or companies who did the same tyres but were cheaper, and came across these fellas http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?add_to_cart=Bestellen&cart_id=63486587.110.1628&4|R-158057|40.40|Rotalla+F105+205%2F50+R17+93W+XL|155=1&ranzahl=4&dsco=110

I seem to remember the old advert on the telly saying never mix Crossply and Radial etc, and always been a bit wary of cheaper tyres, or mixing and matching.

?300 for four tyres for your car is not too bad, it cost me ?280 for 2.

What about these?

heartsfc_fan

Cost me ?95 (inc fitting) for 2 tyres on my car (focus) 195/65/15's. Fulda - a german tyre owned by Dunlop.

I got discount from a family friend as he is a mechnic (they would normally cost ?150 for the pair) but if you want a "mid-range" tyre, he straight away pointed me to them. Good in wet aswell.

http://www.fulda.com/fulda_home_en/

john,

try farmers as i used to use black circle and have large tyres but farmers beat them on price and i have no complaints far better than kwik ****. fair deal also provide a good service

The Old Tolbooth
?300 for four tyres for your car is not too bad, it cost me ?280 for 2.

What about these?

Great minds think alike, I spoke to a mechanic over the phone and he recommended these ones also, I got the 4 of them for ?220 and this includes fitting and wheel alignment, happy with that. :)

john,

try farmers as i used to use black circle and have large tyres but farmers beat them on price and i have no complaints far better than kwik ****. fair deal also provide a good service

That's the guy who owns Hibs mate, he ain't getting any of my money, even although they were ?10 cheaper but the tyres weren't as good apparently.

Cheers tho mate

That's the guy who owns Hibs mate, he ain't getting any of my money, even although they were ?10 cheaper but the tyres weren't as good apparently.

Cheers tho mate

:laugh:

What was wrong in using that spare tyre you carry around with you under your shirt.

The Old Tolbooth
What was wrong in using that spare tyre you carry around with you under your shirt.

Ho ho ho, says Twiggy :D

john,

I'd rather walk than pay money to that firm - no danger would i give him a penny!!!!!

Ho ho ho, says Twiggy :D

I'm a new man since you last saw me John. 3 stone lighter but just as handsome. Still look ancient tho'

The Old Tolbooth
I'm a new man since you last saw me John. 3 stone lighter but just as handsome. Still look ancient tho'

Crikey, now you lost all that weight your wrinkles will be even more prominent :D

You have a PM John...

Cheers mate, so do you ;)

davemclaren
you most likely won't get the same michelin tyre cheaper, but michelins your choice.

don't think i'd want to scrimp too much on a tyre, the cheaper you pay the longer it takes you to stop

Good advice. You need to be able to rely on the small bit of the car that actually touches the road. :geek:

Archived