Wireless Electricity

cosanostra

Bordeaux 03

This is one of the inventions I look forward to. Take a look under your desk and the sight of all those cables is horrendous.

Will be interesting because at the moment you can put the power on and off at the wall since the electricity is going to a dedicated source, not too sure how that will work when it becomes wireless. Will there be a constant flow of electricity needed to power all items, meaning its not too enviromentally friendly.

my first thought was that it is one of those over-engineered solutions. reading through the article it seems not to be when you consider the applications it could be put to and the savings it could result in.

The possibilities for this type of technology are absolutely mind blowing. I work in medical diagnostic imaging and I can think of quite a few ways that this would make some of my examinations so much easier.

I saw a video last year of the American scientist guy who is referenced in the video. He made a light bulb light up across a room with his wireless power. It was seriously cool but he hadn't figured out how to transmit larger volumes of power to boil a kettle or turn on a TV.

Amazing technology that's only going to improve and become more refined.

Carl Spackler

As far as I'm aware there is still no consensus on the risk to human health from the magnetic fields produced by High Voltage electricity towers. This technology is based on magnetic fields also. Is it different though? I imagine it must be. Mind you there's still people that are convinced mobile phones fry their own brain.

Also, every time I drive under power lines the AM radio in the car goes haywire because of the same magnetic fields, good job they are shifting to DAB radio soon, AM radio may be knackered everywhere!

mattyw_1874

Ye what happens when the fuse blows and there is a massive surge. I think I smell burning in the air. No thanks.

As far as I'm aware there is still no consensus on the risk to human health from the magnetic fields produced by High Voltage electricity towers. This technology is based on magnetic fields also. Is it different though? I imagine it must be. Mind you there's still people that are convinced mobile phones fry their own brain.

Also, every time I drive under power lines the AM radio in the car goes haywire because of the same magnetic fields, good job they are shifting to DAB radio soon, AM radio may be knackered everywhere!

Hope to Christ you dont use a wireless laptop.Just think its killing you while youre posting on Kickback

Archived