Todays team. ( merged threads )

Dirk Diggler

Gimme an H...
Miko?

He's certainly been better than Driver the last couple of months.

I thought about Miko but IMO he should be used as an 'impact sub'.

Dont think he's good enough to influence the game over the 90mins tbh.

I certainly agree that players who don't perform should not play regardless. Ksanavicius performed, so he keeps his place :)

seriously though, in a 4-5-1 who else would you have in that role? or would you play 4-4-2 at parkhead?

I also think Frails philosophy has been to make as few changes as possible, only changing a winning team slightly for minor tweaks or injury. I think that is fair enough, this consistancy in selection has helped us since the turn of the year.

i would play 4-5-1 today but i would have played miko ( cant belive i just typed that ) instead then went to 4-4-2 after half time and put Nade on for miko and go for the win. But games against anyone outside the OF i would play 4-4-2 every time.

The consistancy has helped but for me we are consistently picking the wrong players and the wrong formation it should always be 4-4-2 with two proper strickers not a midfeilder playing out of position up-front. Giving that every one is fit.

Also agree that the abuse Stewart, Elliot and Neilson ( to some degree) get is un-nessecary yet people jump to the defence of other players who are picked or signed due to there nationality not there playing ability i.e Benny and Ksanivisic

Commander Harris
i would play 4-5-1 today but i would have played miko ( cant belive i just typed that ) instead then went to 4-4-2 after half time and put Nade on for miko and go for the win. But games against anyone outside the OF i would play 4-4-2 every time.

The consistancy has helped but for me we are consistently picking the wrong players and the wrong formation it should always be 4-4-2 with two proper strickers not a midfeilder playing out of position up-front. Giving that every one is fit.

Also agree that the abuse Stewart, Elliot and Neilson ( to some degree) get is un-nessecary yet people jump to the defence of other players who are picked or signed due to there nationality not there playing ability i.e Benny and Ksanivisic

I am defending Ksanavicius because I think he did well last week and deserves to keep his place and I think he is the best option we have currently with the system we plan to play today. I have stuck up for Elliot, Stewart and Neilson on occassions when I felt they deserved some backing, although there is sometimes no defending Neilson, especially when he doesn't do any defending himself! :P. :)

I am defending Ksanavicius because I think he did well last week and deserves to keep his place and I think he is the best option we have currently with the system we plan to play today. I have stuck up for Elliot, Stewart and Neilson on occassions when I felt they deserved some backing, although there is sometimes no defending Neilson :P. :)

Quite right too

fair enough his shooting isn't great but he's one of the best passers we have and is often involved in setting up the goals. Last week he put the ball through for Velicka when he won the penalty - he also played a lovely ball through for him in the first minute which Velicka should have burried too. :)

Was only one game mate. He looked decidedly average against a very, very pi*h poor Gretna team. For all of Audreys promise early on I have seen nothing from him to suggest he can cut it the level we require to be a strong team again. For a guy thats supposesd to play in hole he very rarely finds himself there and when he does, either faffs about on the ball to long, falls over or hits a poor shot that any 10 year old could do.

Audrey is far too inconsistent and should be sent home at the end of the season along with the rest of Kanaus's superstars (apart from Velicka and possibly Chesney).

I predict we will hear very little of him today and reckon he'll be subbed early on in the second half (queue Audrey to have a great game, score a 30 yard screamer to round off his hattrick and pick up the bottle of bubbly from the match sponsors). :confused::P

Commander Harris
Was only one game mate. He looked decidedly average against a very, very pi*h poor Gretna team. For all of Audreys promise early on I have seen nothing from him to suggest he can cut it the level we require to be a strong team again. For a guy thats supposesd to play in hole he very rarely finds himself there and when he does, either faffs about on the ball to long, falls over or hits a poor shot that any 10 year old could do.

Audrey is far too inconsistent and should be sent home at the end of the season along with the rest of Kanaus's superstars (apart from Velicka and possibly Chesney).

I predict we will hear very little of him today and reckon he'll be subbed early on in the second half (queue Audrey to have a great game, score a 30 yard screamer to round off his hattrick and pick up the bottle of bubbly from the match sponsors). :confused::P

I agree that he has been far from consistant, he started well but faded after a few games. I'm not saying the guy's a world beater, simply that he has improved in the last few games again and I don't see the need to drop him, especially after a good performance and especially given the other options that we have, or dont have.

Consistency in selection has been one of the key factors in our improved run of results.

I am defending Ksanavicius because I think he did well last week and deserves to keep his place and I think he is the best option we have currently with the system we plan to play today. I have stuck up for Elliot, Stewart and Neilson on occassions when I felt they deserved some backing, although there is sometimes no defending Neilson, especially when he doesn't do any defending himself! :P. :)

His performance last week was enough to keep him in the starting line up this week, the point im making is that whether he is good or bad today he will prob get a game next week anyway!!

Sometimes its hard to defend Neilson cause he can be murder ( more often than not ) but he is not half as bad as some people make out!!

His performance last week was enough to keep him in the starting line up this week, the point im making is that whether he is good or bad today he will prob get a game next week anyway!!

Sometimes its hard to defend Neilson cause he can be murder ( more often than not ) but he is not half as bad as some people make out!!

And there was you doing so well.......:rolleyes:

Commander Harris

agreed :) Although on some occassions he is worse!

I agree that he has been far from consistant, he started well but faded after a few games. I'm not saying the guy's a world beater, simply that he has improved in the last few games again and I don't see the need to drop him, especially after a good performance and especially given the other options that we have, or dont have.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not having a go mate. Just I dont think his performance wasnt anything to write home about last week, pretty much like the majority of his decent performances for Hearts.

But looking at it from your stand point I suppose you are right, he maybe does deserve to keep his place given the system we will adopt today, and as you say, given we really dont have annyone else to play in the "hole".

Why is Stewart missing.To lightweight in the midfield if being honest.Chesney,Driver and Jonsson all going through a poor spell.At least Audrey has had 1 good game this year.

maroonlegions

well nelsion has mouthed off in the papers that he is ready for mageady ,mmmm, stand by for him being given the runaround then, eh.:rolleyes:

Commander Harris
Why is Stewart missing.To lightweight in the midfield if being honest.Chesney,Driver and Jonsson all going through a poor spell.At least Audrey has had 1 good game this year.

injury apparantly, someone started a thread earlier saying they had seen him at the academy this morning going for treatment.

Archived