name your worst player ever to wear the hearts jersey.

Guest jambomickey

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gimme an H...
0,,10289~3396809,00.jpg

Audrius Ksanavicius, has to be the worst player to play for Hearts. Apart from the fact he didn't give a to-ss about the club, he was a passenger in every match he played.

Never in a million years was he the worst.

The wee man had the ability and the footballing brain IMO just never had the legs and came after a full season with FBK so ran out of steam towards the end.

All in all thought he was one of our better Kaunas boys.

Stefan Paille?

Wouldn't say Paille rubbish, did he not have a drug problem? Remember he scored a peach against Dundee at Easter Road in the Semi Final of the Coca Cola cup. He won 1987/88 French player of the year, played for France 8 times in the same side as Platini.:smiley2:

stuart gauld

although you wouldnt say it to his face, dont let the skinny frame fool u, apparentley knocked seven pails of shet out of David Bowman when he criticised him after a game, captain of Derry City in Ireland for about 10 years.

It's opinions like the above Gambo, which dictate that you will always be considered part of Kickback's loony fringe. Total and utter tripe and I think deep down you realise that yourself...

How many other Hearts players have made a crucial tackle and scored a vital penalty in a winning cup final team? How many Hearts players have scored a winning goal in a difficult European away tie? How many Hearts players have captained the team to European qualification?

I, like a lot of other Hearts fans thought he was a garbage football player.

Imagine a defender making a goal saving tackle or even scoring a goal. :stuart:

As you say, Audrey had one good game in how many appearances, Robbie maybe had two semi decent games in 6years!

There are probably a lot worse players who have worn the maroon but none of them got 6yrs to parade that lack of ability.

pat mcshane

jim Denny

crawford boyd

harry kinnear

brian wilson

bobby masterton

colin more

john craig

:hang:

There are probably a lot worse players who have worn the maroon but none of them got 6yrs to parade that lack of ability.

And amazingly alll of the managers and coaches in that time selected him. And I imagine that they know more about a player than you do.

And amazingly alll of the managers and coaches in that time selected him. And I imagine that they know more about a player than you do.

Correct (how many of them when they left the club tried to knock our doors down to get him, even Levein came back for Maybury who he was playing on the left?), but i think the OP was asking the members of JKB for their opinion and not previous managers.

Dennis McQuade and Brian Hamilton for me. Probably not the worst ever,but these two got me thinking,"Hearts have to aspire to better than this,surely".

I'm not reading the whole 3 pages but if MO BERTHE has already been mentioned then this thread should be closed.

Mo Berthe wasn't even a player. I reckon he'd have struggled to get his game for Tynecastle High School S1 team.

I'm not reading the whole 3 pages but if MO BERTHE has already been mentioned then this thread should be closed.

Mo Berthe wasn't even a player. I reckon he'd have struggled to get his game for Tynecastle High School S1 team.

Hence the reason he only got 1 game for us, others got 2or3 games and were emptied, some got 6 months or a year, one even got away with it for 6years(or was it 11 :stuart:).

martin petras for me closely folloewd by a few of the other flops we've seen in the recent past.:43:

Kurkis.

Interesting to here your defence of Berthe, then name Beni as the worst, when he was in th eexact same situation as your defence of Berthe.

Beniuseless played in other games and was pish in them as well.

Kevin Twaddle was horrendous. Probably an alright guy but he was awful at football. A recent one is Klimek. He was a waste of space. Despite only being a young lad I seem to remember David Hagen being fairly rubbish, as well as Nicky Walker.

The guy that signed with Lee Johnston was a recent one that was pretty stinking - Hackett, I think.

Francis Albert
So you were spared the late 60's. Arthur Thompson or Neil Murray (maybe he lasted into the 70's) trump any names mentioned so far.

I would go with Arthur Thomson. Overweight, red faced, hopelessly slow - appearance-wise think late period Stevie Fulton but with a total absence of any footballing ability - and perpetrator of more mistimed tackles than any defender I have seen.

Eric Carruthers wasn't up to much either - rarely scored, without the excuse of playing on his own up front. I think we even brought him back for a second, even less productive spell after he flopped at Derby, who amazingly signed him.

Willie Pettigrew did very little from what I remember - I was just a nipper when he was about though.

shaun.lawson
Ignoring those who only wore it a few times, i would go for Robbie Neilson.

Why? Why would you ignore those who only wore the jersey a few times? With the odd exception (eg. Andy Thorn), those who only wore the jersey a few times did so because they were pish!

Say, just for a laugh, Hearts were to sign me. I wouldn't cost anything, would be hauled off after less than ten minutes after embarrassing myself, and would without doubt be Hearts' worst ever player - because I'd be mindbendingly awful. That I hadn't cost anything or hadn't played at the club for getting on for a decade wouldn't have anything to do with it.

Which is why the answer has to be Mo Berthe. He was so bad, he was our answer to Ali Dia. The question isn't "who was the worst value for money?" (Petric, or in a different way, Besilija). It isn't "which player divided opinion despite doing a basically solid job for many years at the club?" either. It's "who was the worst Hearts player, period?" And that was Berthe. Has to be.

how many games did Hans Eskilson play for us and how many goals did he score? I don't remeber him being a great player either.

David Whinney

Hans Eskilsson

Fraser Wishart

Austin McCann

Dennis Wyness

Neil MacFarlane

Justin Fashanu

Craig Nelson

Countless Lithuanian's

shaun.lawson
Fitzroy Simpson. What on earth were you thinking JJ!

He was thinking: "None of the players I've targeted will join us. We've publicised that we have money to spend, so they're all taking the pish with wage demands we can't afford. Craig Burley, Stan Collymore, Robert Taylor, Spencer Prior, Moussa Saib... I'd like to sign them, but we're only Hearts, so I can't. Meanwhile, we're dropping down the league, the season's going to pot, and the fans are getting on my back, saying I've bottled it because I've got big money to spend for the first time.

"So what do I do? Let us fall further down the table? Or make a few short-term signings aimed at bolstering the midfield and defence, making us much harder to beat, and grabbing the European spot we desperately need? I've been told I'll have another ?1.5m to spend next year, and another ?1m-?1.5m the year after - so I can concentrate on cheaper, younger prospects then".

Little was he to know that he'd been lied to, the goalposts would be moved and him hung out to dry the moment the season had ended - and after, incidentally, the signings delivered what he bought them for: 3rd place.

the worst of the worst from my time would have to be:

david winnie

mo berthe

hans eskillson

marius kisys

linus pilibaitis

that lith goalie

ricardas beniusis

ketsutis ivaskevicius

ludek straceny

can't really think of anyone from before those eras that would merit being included alongside total mingo players like those... so i wont insult anyone.

grumpy rebus
I never had the privilege of seeing Mo Berthe so will have to go for the following:

Brian Wilson

Stuart Gauld

Brian McNeill

Crawford Boyd

Nerijus Barasa

Tommy Harrison

Bobby Masterton

Archie White

Kevin Twaddle

Pat McShane

Gary Liddell

I'm going to have to go for a lie down in a dark room now.

....... and Barasa would have been the best player by a mile in that team.

You could also add in Colin More, Scott Maxwell, Dennis McQuade, John Craig, Gerry McCoy, Jim Denny, Paul Rodger, Gregor Stevens, Stewart "chopper" McLaren, Willie McVie, and the Teirney's (two of them, I think) from the same era. Hardly suprising we kept getting relegated.

Aahhh, the good old days!!:21::21::21:

martin petras for me closely folloewd by a few of the other flops we've seen in the recent past.:43:

Pat McShane. You have to be over 35 to remember this hopeless player.

I would go with Arthur Thomson. Overweight, red faced, hopelessly slow - appearance-wise think late period Stevie Fulton but with a total absence of any footballing ability - and perpetrator of more mistimed tackles than any defender I have seen.

Eric Carruthers wasn't up to much either - rarely scored, without the excuse of playing on his own up front. I think we even brought him back for a second, even less productive spell after he flopped at Derby, who amazingly signed him.

the rumour at the time was that Dave Mackay who was derby county manager signed him as a favour to Hearts who were skint at the time, remember Derby were English champions that year, think Man Utd signing Jamie Mole and you get the idea.

Carruthers was a big mate of Graeme Souness at the time and in one of his books Souness tells how his mate walked around thinking he had made it cause he came on as a sub for Derby on a game that was featured on Match of the Day, unfortunatley he never played for them again, Derby paid approx ?25000 for Eric, but i think he ended up playing in the German 2nd Division.

im sure he is now an importer of champagne, a couple of years ago he was in the papers when his son was the french mascot in the WCQ at Hampden (1-0).....

The White Cockade

Nah I can't allow Denis McQuade because he scored at least one

unbelievable goal against the Hobos!

Harry Kinnear would have scored more goals than Nade and Elliot combined - still pish though!

Gerry Mccoy scored a fair few goals for us

Takis is very popular but he was absolutely rank in has final season with us

Was never a fan of Grant Murray or Colin Macadam

Darren Beckford, Mo Berthe, Brian Hamilton or Kurskis.

Can't decide between them.

I'm off to refill my wine glass, it's a horrible thought!

Kurskis without a shadow of a doubt.

Truly the worst "keeper" I have ever seen in my life (obviously other than Zibi)

Kurskis without a shadow of a doubt.

Truly the worst "keeper" I have ever seen in my life (obviously other than Zibi)

I think zibi was slightly better.:10900:

the kane dog

Ludek Straceny,subbed on and off within 10 mins.

big twads,murder.

leigh jenkinson,torture.

kevin james,big and pants.

Willie Pettigrew did very little from what I remember - I was just a nipper when he was about though.

No,we can't have that!

Willie boy had his moments.I'll concede some of those moments were rank but nowhere near as bad as some names mentioned on here.:smiley2:

You're ****ing kidding me........we spent ?500,000 on that?

No danger!?

And another ?500.000 to cancel his contract.

Rupert Pupkin

KEVIN TWADDLE for sure,one o my mates always used to back PETRIC as 1st scorer must o been some for of sadism for him!!!

Toxteth O'Grady

Past

Andy Watson - used to hate it when he warmed up, I always wanted Ian Jardine to come on.

Berthe - never a footballer.

Kuskis - butter fingers

Hagen - heedless Chicken

Present Obua - Utterly useless

Hawick Jambo

I seem to recall when I first ent to games as a youngster in the mid 70's a chap called Hammil who was poor.

Like others though I'd either go for Petric or Jenkinson. I remember Petric repeatedly arguing with the crowd at Tynecastel and Jenkinson ! When you compare him to a real winger like JC.

Personally I always disliked Nicky Walker with no real rational reason, we have had worst keepers. I just hated him in goals

PsychocAndy

Worse ever player in a Hearts jersey, Me used to wear it playing all the time.

Worse pro in a Hearts jersey, sorry to speak ill or the dead but Justin Fashinu, looked a real player at Norwich, but get steadily worse at each club after. He was truly mince at Airdrie and then we signed him.

Nice enough big guy to talk to but a bad bad player.

David Whinney

Hans Eskilsson

Fraser Wishart

Austin McCann

Dennis Wyness

Neil MacFarlane

Justin Fashanu

Craig Nelson

Countless Lithuanian's

No way should Neil be on this list.Model pro who had more good games than bad.Though i would give you the rest on your list.

Pity we could not get the Wyness is a barry player thread back.Kickback classic that was.:smiley2::stuart:

Ray Dunlop for me,jusy beating Andy Watson.

Seem to remember shouting for Watson to **** off every time i saw him play.

No way should Neil be on this list.Model pro who had more good games than bad.

Correct. Broke up play well, did the simple things and never lost possession. Maybe if he was French and had a greasy hairdo he'd have been more appreciated.

:wink:

Skacel's left boot

Fabien LeClerq.

Stephane Adam's bus driver brother in law who was signed as a sweetener.

He was gash!

Jeremy Goss

Steve Penney

Darren Beckford

Linus Pilibaitis

Buffalo Bill
Alex Hamill

Simply awful!

First player I ever saw score for Hearts!

Someone mentoned Chris Hackett in a previous post. Bit confused because he played very well in his eight minutes against Livingston!

Buffalo Bill

Archived