19-11-08

gadgey55

What was so significant on that day? That is the day a record number were on JKB. I cannie mind what the fuss was about that day?

Only a Game

No game that day and the transfer windae was shut.

I can only assume a mass outpouring of optimistic Jambo exhuberance because there was feck all on telly and we'd won our last 3 games.

What was so significant on that day? That is the day a record number were on JKB. I cannie mind what the fuss was about that day?

It was the day I came back from a 3 week suspension mate.

:laugh:

It had nothing at all to do with HMFC or any football issue. It was the day a list of private details of BNP members was leaked. By some quirk of Google, whenever anyone searched for things like "BNP membership list" that day, JKB was listed on the first page with a link to a thread in the Shed discussing the leak. We had a phemonenal number of visitors that day.

I could be wrong but I remember the day when the BNP members list got leaked the thread about it was the first on the list when you searched google.

There was loads of guests viwing that day.

It was the day I came back from a 3 week suspension mate.

But you do that several times a year and it never causes any fuss at all. :mw_tease:

But you do that several times a year and it never causes any fuss at all. :mw_tease:

Just 2 days from an infraction free slate my friend.

Maybe it was the Terrace so-called exclusive that Craig Brewster was going to 'come out' as a Bumder? That caused a bit of a stir IIRC.

Commander Harris
How many people was it?

says at the foot of the front page, "Most users ever online was 2,861, 19-11-08 at 14:34."

perhaps Uly could tell us how many for the whole day?

says at the foot of the front page, "Most users ever online was 2,861, 19-11-08 at 14:34."

perhaps Uly could tell us how many for the whole day?

It wasn't actually that dramatic (though Dexter might want to disagree with me). We had 20,000 users online at some time during that day, compared with a normal average for November of about 9,500 per day. By way of comparison, there were 11,900 users online at some time during Monday, and 11,400 during Tuesday.

The effect on unique visitor numbers was more significant. A lot of members nip in a couple of times a day to check out the board. So for example we had 6,200 unique visitors on Monday and 5,800 on Tuesday. On November 19th 2008 we had 15,200 - which was about three times the daily average for the rest of the month.

It was my thirty seventh birthday.

I don't suppose that's significant, but it was to me.

A bit.

Archived