Hearts 06/07 vs Hearts 08/09

topcat

Who would win?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who would win?

• The 2006/07 Hearts Team
    • The 2008/9 Hearts Team

Most would accept that 2006 was the best and 2008 the worst season in the last 10 years but the "Difficult 2nd season" of the Romanov era was a strange one. There was widespread dissapointment as it failed to match up to it's illustrious predecessor but by any other measure however, results were quite good and it was only the emergence the best Aberdeen side in a long time that denied us 3rd place.

This season we finished 3rd but ironically with (very) slightly poorer results

2007 W 17, D 10, L 11

2008 W 16, D 11, L 11

So who do you think would win the time travelling Tynecastle test between the two.

In the event of a draw it goes to Extra Time and Penalties

Would the 06/07 team be at full strength?

I don't see why they would be. They never were in 2006/07

Assume that players are as likely to be available as they were at the time.

Aguiar isn't there for the the 06/07 team but is "very hopefull of being available" for the 08/09 team.

Ryan Gosling

Aguiar isn't there for the the 06/07 team but is "very hopefull of being available" for the 08/09 team.

Aguiar played most of the 06/07 season though.

Can I select Pinilla? :laugh:

Anyway - I think the question is irrelevant - the biggest element in comparing any season in the Romanov era for Hearts, is how much meddling and behind the scenes chaos will spill over into the team and performances.

With that and a little blind faith - I would vote that this coming season will be the best in the Romanov era. That goes with a dose of the creaking ageing Huns not coming up the scratch and whoever the new boy at parkhead is, it will take 3-4 months to settle in to life in the SPL.

Like games, you are only as good as the next one and the last one - season wise.

Aguiar played most of the 06/07 season though.

Can I select Pinilla? :laugh:

Sorry my memory of the details of players with long term Injury problems over the last few years got a little bit muddled up there, Understandably as I'm sure you'll agree

If you take Pinilla bear in mind that he's probably only going to last the first 10 minutes before going off injured or getting off with the woman from the St Andrews Ambulance.

Ryan Gosling
Sorry my memory of the details of players with long term Injury problems over the last few years got a little bit muddled up there, Understandably as I'm sure you'll agree

If you take Pinilla bear in mind that he's probably only going to last the first 10 minutes before going off injured or getting off with the woman from the St Andrews Ambulance.

I'm willing to take that risk. Some of the team that started 06/07 vs team that finished 08/09.

Gordon

Tall Pressley Berra Fyssas

Hartley Aguiar* Brellier

Pinilla^ Bednar Jankauskas

vs

Kello

Neilson Zaliukas Karipidis Wallace

Obua Stewart Palazuelos Driver

Aguiar*

Elliot

*Subbed at half time

^Subbed after 10 minutes for Pospisil after straining a groin chasing a lost cause into the cheerleading section of Murrayfield

3-0 to 06/07

Archived