House MD

chewbacca

Season 5 starts on sky 1 tonight at 9 in the old "lost" slot.

Really cracking TV hospital/drama/black comedy. Pishes all over ER, casuality, Greys anatomy etc. Who would`ve known Hugh Lawrie could be such a convincing crabbit American! Specially looking back to his time in Blackadder.

If you`ve never watched any of it before, download/watch (think old eps show on hallmark channel) the season 4 double episode finale, it was an absolute belter

***SPOILER ALERT***

Patient gets ill, House finds an obscure illness about ten minutes in and he is "cured" for a few minutes before it turns out that House was wrong. Fifteen minutes later, House identifies another obscure disease, cures the lad for him to get rapidly worse and for the illness to be life threatening. Just before it is too late, usually ten minutes left in the show, House miraculously saves the guy, who actually had a really obscure disease.

Next week, it is completely different, it is not a guy it is a girl.

I P Knightley
***SPOILER ALERT***

Patient gets ill, House finds an obscure illness about ten minutes in and he is "cured" for a few minutes before it turns out that House was wrong. Fifteen minutes later, House identifies another obscure disease, cures the lad for him to get rapidly worse and for the illness to be life threatening. Just before it is too late, usually ten minutes left in the show, House miraculously saves the guy, who actually had a really obscure disease.

Surely someone suggests "Lupus" before they come up with a credible suggestion. They test for it, though.

btw, not having Sky, can anyone indicate where my wife (honest!) would be able to view this series.

***SPOILER ALERT***

sure it tends to follow a bit of a formula, show me one tv show that doesn`t?

as Jonesy says, the acting and the surrounding storylines tend to be above average and watched over a whole season is very rewarding. Watch the end of season 4 (or all of season 4) and you`ll see it`s not just as simplistic as you make it sound. Each to their own though.

Darth Sidious
Surely someone suggests "Lupus" before they come up with a credible suggestion. They test for it, though.

btw, not having Sky, can anyone indicate where my wife (honest!) would be able to view this series.

I have seen the whole season, downloaded torrents and watched through my PS3. The season starts off slow but the last half is brilliant. A Death, A Wedding and a very brave decision by the writers, a WTF moment.

sure it tends to follow a bit of a formula, show me one tv show that doesn`t?

as Jonesy says, the acting and the surrounding storylines tend to be above average and watched over a whole season is very rewarding. Watch the end of season 4 (or all of season 4) and you`ll see it`s not just as simplistic as you make it sound. Each to their own though.

Of course, formulaic television shows are everywhere, that doesn't make them good.

As I type, the missus is watching episode two of the series, I can confirm that my above spoiler was incorrect, I should change my references to plural version as opposed to singular options. That aside it is following the same, old, staid, formula. A show that did okay and has decided to just do the same thing all the time.

I have seen the whole season, downloaded torrents and watched through my PS3. The season starts off slow but the last half is brilliant. A Death, A Wedding and a very brave decision by the writers, a WTF moment.

Just watched the latest episode of season 5 and now get your point about brave decision. The bit leading upto it was a pure Fight Club-Stylee mind-****!

Archived