turkey holidays

ASSASSIN

just wondering if anyone has any sites with cheap holidays or recomend good hotels in marmaris

looking to get away in july to marmaris with my wife and daughter

i want to get away before the season starts so i dont miss any matches

Doctor FinnBarr
just wondering if anyone has any sites with cheap holidays or recomend good hotels in marmaris

Try http://www.holidays-direct.co.uk

I got 2 weeks AI in Icmeler with them in Sept. for ?960 for 3 of us.

Went to Hotel Cettia last year which was ok although about a 20 minute walk to the sea.

:10900:

blondejamtart

I LOVE Turkey (wouldn't go to Marmaris if you paid me though!) we're off soon to celebrate our silver wedding in our favourite place, Icmeler. We've got some cheap deals in the past through Scot Travel - http://www.scottravelholidays.co.uk/

These days though, we prefer to book independently. This time, we're flying with Globespan from Edinburgh and have booked our accommodation with Icmeler Central Reservations - http://www.icmeleronline.com/

Brilliant company - small, very friendly service, with office in the UK and in Turkey. They are very helpful and very knowledgeable about the area, so will find you exactly the type of accommodation you want.

I LOVE Turkey (wouldn't go to Marmaris if you paid me though!) we're off soon to celebrate our silver wedding in our favourite place, Icmeler. We've got some cheap deals in the past through Scot Travel - http://www.scottravelholidays.co.uk/

These days though, we prefer to book independently. This time, we're flying with Globespan from Edinburgh and have booked our accommodation with Icmeler Central Reservations - http://www.icmeleronline.com/

Brilliant company - small, very friendly service, with office in the UK and in Turkey. They are very helpful and very knowledgeable about the area, so will find you exactly the type of accommodation you want.

???? Don't know why but I had you pictured as a mid 30's burd.

Turkey is a scary place...no way on earth i'd ever go back..blonde hair and pale skin equals problems..some of my lad mates tried to sell me for a laugh for a fake lacoste jumper...and the slime balls had their wallets out!! Not a place to ever go with your daughter IMO Best get a security guard for her!

I've only been to Turkey once and that was Icmeler. We drove through Marmaris on the way from the airport and back and I have to say I'm glad we ended up with Icmeler. Lots of decent places to eat and drink, a not bad beach and good day trips and things to do.

Doctor FinnBarr
Turkey is a scary place...no way on earth i'd ever go back..blonde hair and pale skin equals problems..some of my lad mates tried to sell me for a laugh for a fake lacoste jumper...and the slime balls had their wallets out!! Not a place to ever go with your daughter IMO Best get a security guard for her!

Absolute rot IMO.

:th_o:

[/b]

Absolute rot IMO.

I'm not saying the whole country is like that BJ but I am telling you my one and only experience of the place. Whether you think its rot is irrelevant really as it actually did happen.

Doctor FinnBarr
I'm not saying the whole country is like that BJ but I am telling you my one and only experience of the place. Whether you think its rot is irrelevant really as it actually did happen.

My daughter who was 8 and blond last year in Marmaris last year had no problems apart from the amount of kids cocktails that the hotel waiters would give her!

:stuart:

The people are the friendliest I have ever met , we went to Fetia and wow the place is gorgeous not like the busy Marmaris no hastle from the locals, food fantastic and you can travel to many of the Grek Isles for the day but if you do take a lot of money becasue it is a lot more expensive than Turkey.:10900::10900:

blondejamtart

Exactly - the people are what makes holidaying in Turkey such a pleasure. They are so friendly and will do anything to make your holiday fantastic. The service you get in the bars and restaurants is excellent - and the food is out of this world.

We've made some really good friends over there - and I've felt far safer walking around in Turkey (even on my own and at night - and I'm blonde!) than I would either at home or in the likes of Spain. My 18-year-old daughter also loves Turkey and has never felt hassled or had to deal with any unwanted attention she couldn't cope with.

blondejamtart
???? Don't know why but I had you pictured as a mid 30's burd.

Aww...sorry to shatter your illusions! :10900:

do not book with Travelrepublic under any circumstance????? they use a company called Gold Trail worst holiday company in the world.

do not book with Travelrepublic under any circumstance????? they use a company called Gold Trail worst holiday company in the world.

Ive had no problem with them at all.and ive booked a good few holidays with them!

Ive had no problem with them at all.and ive booked a good few holidays with them!

Agreeed, have booked afew times with Travel Republc and have had no problems whatsoever. Very efficient company.

Doctor FinnBarr
Agreeed, have booked afew times with Travel Republc and have had no problems whatsoever. Very efficient company.

I've only ever booked transfers thro them but never had any probs.

Was in Marmaris last year for the first time. Booked through a travel agent who used goldtrail. Going again this year but the travel agent dont use them anymore.

Had to find goldtrail online and they were a lot cheaper than the prices from the travel agent.

Flights are with Onur Air and not normally great flight times, but hey ho.

Marmaris 25/06 for a week. Yee Ha

Was in Marmaris last year for the first time. Booked through a travel agent who used goldtrail. Going again this year but the travel agent dont use them anymore.

Had to find goldtrail online and they were a lot cheaper than the prices from the travel agent.

Flights are with Onur Air and not normally great flight times, but hey ho.

Marmaris 25/06 for a week. Yee Ha

oh aye, tnearly forgot the turks are friendly but the waiters etc are randy so & so's. The loooovvvveeee blond haired chicks.

Italian Lambretta

Whatever you do don't touch Goldtrail with a barge Pole. All of their hotels are the worst Turkey has to offer and I should know we had to stay in one for 2 weeks. Luckily, we had one of the better one's. Some of them are truly awful.

They were on watchdog a few months ago about their hotels and the number of complaints run into the hundreds.

If you pay cheap in Turkey you get Fawlty Towers, so not really worth it.:smiley2:

Icmeler is fanatastic. I cant remember where I stayed which is disappointing:(

Spent virtually every evening/night in the Venice:D

Doctor FinnBarr
Icmeler is fanatastic. I cant remember where I stayed which is disappointing:(

Spent virtually every evening/night in the Venice:D

The Romeo and Juliet is THE place to go in Icmeler for jambos, staff will wear Hearts tops, signed ball by the 06 cup squad on display along with various Hearts tops and the food is superb!

Only a Game

Possibly the case twenty years ago before they had embraced westernsim and tourism like they have now.

We've been going on and off for the last 10 years with two beautiful(if I may so so) teenage daughters and a no bad wife by the way. The part we go to (Hisaronu/Olu Deniz) they can go out on their own quite safely. In fact we get next day reports from the lads in the shops as to what they were up to the night before. Mind you they dont wear skirts half way up their erses and have their t|ts on display, thats common sense to me in a muslim country (although you'd hardly notice it in tourist areas)

I'd be much more worried about them in places like Kavos, Ibiza or Malia to be honest.

Marmaris wouldnt be our cup of tea I have to say.

The Romeo and Juliet is THE place to go in Icmeler for jambos, staff will wear Hearts tops, signed ball by the 06 cup squad on display along with various Hearts tops and the food is superb!

Is that the one that has the blur Reebok away shirt hanging above the door?

We knew the guys in Venice. They are first class.

Turkey gets a bad reputation because of places like Bodrum & Marmaris (which are good if thats what your into but could be anywhere in Europe really). We go to a small hotel in Olu deniz quite alot, its 2 star family run & cheap & cheerfull, 2 weeks there in September costs ?300 including flights & Bed & Breakfast. Plenty pubs within 10 minutes & the best beach in Turkey, the one you see in the adverts !! Heres the link !!! If you go tell them Gav & Mrs Alcholic lady recommended them !!

http://www.morinahotel.com/

Doctor FinnBarr
Is that the one that has the blur Reebok away shirt hanging above the door?

We knew the guys in Venice. They are first class.

Never looked up TBO, ask blondjambo.

Drunk, up for work at 5, bed beckons.

:stuart:

blondejamtart

There are loads of bars in Icmeler with Hearts shirts in them - we were amazed on our first visit there when my son's Hearts shirts attracted so much attention. We passed one bar only to have one of the Turkish waiters run out and shout "The Gorgie boys are in town!"

We're taking a Hearts shirt over with us next week for one of the guys we met on our first visit (this will be our fourth) - he asked us if we could bring him one, so that'll be another on display there.

Oh yes, and Venice is great, but there are so many fantastic places to eat and drink there. Can't wait to be sipping my ice cold Efes this time next week!

Regal Kingston
Whatever you do don't touch Goldtrail with a barge Pole. All of their hotels are the worst Turkey has to offer and I should know we had to stay in one for 2 weeks. Luckily, we had one of the better one's. Some of them are truly awful.

They were on watchdog a few months ago about their hotels and the number of complaints run into the hundreds.

If you pay cheap in Turkey you get Fawlty Towers, so not really worth it.:smiley2:

Spot on. I went with Goldtrail ?215 for a week in Marmaris.

I knew it would be bad and prepared for the worst but it turned out our 'otel was a good mile or two outside Marmaris and was what I could only describe as a ghetto (Dry rot, badly decorated, wires hanging out, threadbare towels, not clean, cold water etc). You really do get what you pay for and as we were getting it so cheap they would try and make money from us any way they can (BBQ's/Turkish night etc). We told them to whistle and the Turkish guys became right nasty *******s.

All the British woman who go there as sex tourists have ruined it for the rest of the British women as all the Turkish guys think British ladies are nasty sluts who will easily put out and probably buy them a thing or two.

You can't really blame them for trying.

There are a lot of nice Turkish people - but your unlikey to see them if you go on the cheap.

blondejamtart

Spot on - there's a lot of bad press about the Turkish guys, but surely the women who, as you say, go across there looking for a Turkish toyboy, are just as bad. If they're daft enough or sad enough to fall for the lines these lads will give them, then hell mend them. They wouldn't fall for it over here, so why throw all discretion and common sense out of the window the minute they step off the plane?

The Turkish (and Kurdish) folk we've met have been lovely and can't do enough for you. Don't tar them all with the same brush...there are two sides to every story.

If you are looking to go to Marmaris i stayed at Club Anastasia and would recommend that hotel but depending on the age of your daughter and what your looking for then i would stay over in Icmeler.

It is about a 5-10 min taxi ride away or take the water taxi across,far more laid back,cleaner and some very nice bars and restaurants.

I have been to Turkey the past 3 years and have always booked with onthebeach.com

Not all of them. I stayed in the Sun Gezgin last year on the beach front and it was fine. No problems.

Going to the Club Evin Apartments this year on 25/06, so I'll see what they're like. Reports on the net sound ok though.

Any kbers going there at the same time? If so just shout out "I'M LOOKING FOR FUN BOABY". :10900:

Pete Seeger

I would go to Turkey every year if my GF wasn't scared of flying. Great people, climate, food and prices. Gumbet is certainly worth trying.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g298033-d1097504-Reviews-Flares_Restaurant_and_Fun_Pub-Marmaris_Mugla_Province_Turkish_Aegean_Coast.html

Long link I know, hope it works. Shamless plug for my mother in laws restaurant.:10900:

The number 1 restaurant in Marmaris.

If idons't work perhaps one of you guys can help me with it.

Ta JG

If you are looking to go to Marmaris i stayed at Club Anastasia and would recommend that hotel but depending on the age of your daughter and what your looking for then i would stay over in Icmeler.

It is about a 5-10 min taxi ride away or take the water taxi across,far more laid back,cleaner and some very nice bars and restaurants.

I have been to Turkey the past 3 years and have always booked with onthebeach.com

shes 11 yr old m8 i seen this hotel last night and going by the pics it looks realy nice

we read a few reviews and everyone has said it was good/clean

shes 11 yr old m8 i seen this hotel last night and going by the pics it looks realy nice

we read a few reviews and everyone has said it was good/clean

The hotel was excellent mate and all the waiters and bar staff can't do enough for you.

It is up the top end of Marmaris but it is quite a nice walk and only takes about 10 mins to get to the beachfront.

If you do book this hotel email them in advance and try and get a room with a pool view or in the new block.

Trust me mate you and your family will have a ball if you go here and if you find Marmaris aint your cup off tea then you can taxi into icmeler no problem.

Try http://www.holidays-direct.co.uk

I got 2 weeks AI in Icmeler with them in Sept. for ?960 for 3 of us.

Went to Hotel Cettia last year which was ok although about a 20 minute walk to the sea.

I don't get this website. Apparently no holidaya in Icmeler from Manchester or

Birmingham in September either in hotels or s catering.:57:

Doctor FinnBarr
I don't get this website. Apparently no holidaya in Icmeler from Manchester or

Birmingham in September either in hotels or s catering.:57:

Just had a look mate and found from Manchester on 28th Sept for 2 people AI in Icmeler ?900 (14 nights). Portofino Hotel

A woman at my work has just booked up for Icemeler for 2 weeks 29/06 for ?300 B&B including transfers. flights are from newcastle

Booked flights with Thomas Cook, the hotel directly and transfers via holidays4U

She goes there all the time, so she knows what she's doing

Have been to Turkey loads of times and love it. The people are so friendly and helpful. The weather gorgeous and just a great place to go.

My kids always have worn their Hearts tops over the years and we always get a great reception.

Altinkum is one of my favourite places and I would buy a house there for a holiday home if I could afford it.

Wish I was there now....................................

Andyeyespy

been to marmaris a few times, great place. as long as u dont mind people constantly at u to eat and drink in there restaurant u will have a great time. good entertainment good weather and lots of booze....

• 1 month later...

Thanks to the posters on here for their comments re Turkey. It persuaded me to give it a try.

Just got back after a week in Icmeler. Great place, great people and fab food.

I couldn't believe the number of Jambos I saw there and in Marmaris.

My lad has just gone to Marmaris for two weeks and is loving it as he's met up with a bunch of guys from Embra - presumably Jambos. :smiley2:

His girlfriend is less than happy :nah::rifle:

Archived