Vlad backing Csaba / Lee Miller linked

Clerry Jambo

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alwaysthereinspirit

Lee Miller? At last. A guid honest Scottish laddie to cheer for.

Clerry Jambo
Aguiar has "left Tynecastle"?

Yip the club are very quiet on that one!

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

But this cant be true. Chick Young says we dont know the half of the problems going on behind the scenes. And Chick Young is NEVER wrong.:qqb017:

Lee Miller? At last. A guid honest Scottish laddie to cheer for.

A very very good SPL striker. I'd take him back.

No danger of it happening though.

Did you expect him to stay without a contract?

I wasn't aware that anything had been finalised.

Ryan Taylor19

Im really glad that Lee Miller is on "his list". Could definately do a job for us i think

alwaysthereinspirit

Money grabbing little scrote with not an ounce of decency. I'm sure him and Zal will make up though. Rather not see him again in a Hearts shirt.

the lee miller suggestion has the smell of banderson pish about it. a couple of paragraphs above it csaba is quoted as saying "we have no names".

lee miller is number 47-ish of about 259-ish players we have been/will be linked with.

Money grabbing little scrote with not an ounce of decency. I'm sure him and Zal will make up though. Rather not see him again in a Hearts shirt.

Scores goals.

We dont.

Clerry Jambo
the lee miller suggestion has the smell of banderson pish about it. a couple of paragraphs above it csaba is quoted as saying "we have no names".

lee miller is number 47-ish of about 259-ish players we have been/will be linked with.

Out of the names that have been rumoured so far, Miller tops the lot, the others I am totally underwhelmed!!!!

The whole thing is rather confused. We are expected to make sense of the following:

- we have no names

- Mr Romanov has so many names

- Maurice Ross and Lee Miller are "names"

alwaysthereinspirit
Scores goals.

We dont.

I wouldn't argue that fact but he's a $#!thead and a cheat. JMO.

The whole thing is rather confused. We are expected to make sense of the following:

- we have no names

Something for everyone.

Out of the names that have been rumoured so far, Miller tops the lot, the others I am totally underwhelmed!!!!

he would come with a fair bit of baggage, and wouldn't be universally popular, but he does score goals i suppose and we couldn't half do with a fairly prolific striker.

wouldn't be overly delighted about him coming back but would probably forget all about the peripheral issues if he started banging them in.

- we have no names

the article has very little content to stir the blood. a space filler.

mundojambo

- we have no names

i think this means they haven't agreed on who they want to pursue. lee miller and mo ross are speculation i think

Clerry Jambo
the article has very little content to stir the blood. a space filler.

Spot on Victorian

he would come with a fair bit of baggage, and wouldn't be universally popular, but he does score goals i suppose and we couldn't half do with a fairly prolific striker.

wouldn't be overly delighted about him coming back but would probably forget all about the peripheral issues if he started banging them in.

Dont want to disappoint anyone....

Part of the problem with the Lee Miller saga was Vlad's painfully slow haggling with Bristol over around ?50k

Had the price been agreed promptly he'd likely have signed IMO. The length of time it took simply got other clubs ringside, then he got offered more elsewhere. Whats a guy going to do?

As it was the length of time Vlad took basically meant that he did the hard work for everyone else, and allowed them to get to Miller

Anyway, whatever the issues Miller would improve our squad IMO, but I'd be surprised if he joined us

Reading between the smoke of the fire lines I don't think this is a positive story at all.

"For me, it is important to have players," he continued. "If you bring the team to third place you have success and we must use this time to not go down. My position is the same as before, I try to do my best and nothing more. I don't like to make pressure. I think every manager must be focused and strong for the new season."

"I know we don't have the same possibilities as Manchester United, for example, but the possibilities we have I would like to use. We must convince the people about the importance of next season,"

I tend to agree with djf, good that banderson is quoting mad vlad agreeing to back Csaba, but the quotations from Csaba appear to indicate he does not exactly concur with the journo. Hope i'm wrong though

Part of the problem with the Lee Miller saga was Vlad's painfully slow haggling with Bristol over around ?50k

Had the price been agreed promptly he'd likely have signed IMO. The length of time it took simply got other clubs ringside, then he got offered more elsewhere. Whats a guy going to do?

As it was the length of time Vlad took basically meant that he did the hard work for everyone else, and allowed them to get to Miller

Anyway, whatever the issues Miller would improve our squad IMO, but I'd be surprised if he joined us

We got Jankauskas and Bednar as well as Pospisil - no need for Lee Miller at that time. However, of course since Jankauskas gave up and Pospisil/Bednar frozen out at all times Miller would have improved our team.

i have no problem with the fact that he took another offer before, that's not an issue at all. none of us know the full details of what happened there and it's ancient history.

the real problematic things could be:

* his propensity to dive about like a maniac and the sod's law effect of him joining us and eventually being tagged as the conman that he is.

* his gross cheating to get zaliukas sent off. i think that incident blotted his book with a lot of hearts fans and he would have a mighty amount of making up to do.

all that becomes less important if he scores goals though. goals are what we need at the end of the day.

Im in agreement with Vic over Lee Miller. Not overly excited about the possibility of him coming back and wouldnt lose any sleep if he didnt. However if he did come back and started banging the goals in (Which he is more than capable of doing) then all other issues would be put aside.

Would be interesting to see if he still got away with some of his antics on the pitch if he was wearing maroon instead of the sheep colours. After all he's a good honest Scottish lad but would he still be that to the hacks if he were in a Hearts strip?

Im in agreement with Vic over Lee Miller. Not overly excited about the possibility of him coming back and wouldnt lose any sleep if he didnt. However if he did come back and started banging the goals in (Which he is more than capable of doing) then all other issues would be put aside.

Would be interesting to see if he still got away with some of his antics on the pitch if he was wearing maroon instead of the sheep colours. After all he's a good honest Scottish lad but would he still be that to the hacks if he were in a Hearts strip?

Good point, no dount if fat Tango was to get a job on BBC Scotland, like most failed managers, he would have a point of view that he is a time waster and a cheat, but only oh he does join Hearts,

Jambof3tornado

yup,wont take long for the press and scottish refs to tag him as the new miko. He used guile to win free kicks while at dons but at hearts he woukd would be a diving lithuanian cheat! Better elsewhere,just let csaba find it!

Charlie-Brown

I seem to remember that everytime Lee Miller scored a goal for us the Bristol City chairman wanted more money for him - I think that is why every loan player since has had the transfer fee pre-agreed.

Cut The Crap

The headline:

"Hearts boss reveals Romanov pledge to back rebuilding plan"

And the only quote which even remotely supports that headline:

"Mr Romanov promised to do something."

It's going to be another long summer. :smoking:

Guest JamboRobbo
The headline:

And the only quote which even remotely supports that headline:

It's going to be another long summer. :smoking:

indeed. Lets hope Vlads idea of "something" has some sort of resemblence to Csaba's.....

If we do in for Miller I would be happy to see him return, a solid striker capable of scoring.

Ticks all the boxes.

agreed 100%

Would be delighted if we signed Miller. But can't see it happening I'm afraid. He would cost a fair bit. And unless we sell a player or two for a big fee then we won;t be able to afford him.

i have no problem with the fact that he took another offer before, that's not an issue at all. none of us know the full details of what happened there and it's ancient history.

the real problematic things could be:

* his propensity to dive about like a maniac and the sod's law effect of him joining us and eventually being tagged as the conman that he is.

* his gross cheating to get zaliukas sent off. i think that incident blotted his book with a lot of hearts fans and he would have a mighty amount of making up to do.

all that becomes less important if he scores goals though. goals are what we need at the end of the day.

It would be interesting to see if he was treated differently if he joined Hearts

I think he "dives" in the same way as Elvis does. He cheats but he does it more subtely than some other players

Re the Zaliukas incident - I think that actually benefiited the team for the following games, but of course, I would, that aside, he'd be in the Hearts team and he couldnt cheat against us any more and I'd prefer to remember his excellent form the first time he was with us, and the fact that he caused problems for us when against Aberdeen

It would be interesting to see if he was treated differently if he joined Hearts

I think he "dives" in the same way as Elvis does. He cheats but he does it more subtely than some other players

Re the Zaliukas incident - I think that actually benefiited the team for the following games, but of course, I would, that aside, he'd be in the Hearts team and he couldnt cheat against us any more and I'd prefer to remember his excellent form the first time he was with us, and the fact that he caused problems for us when against Aberdeen

Re the Zali incident, i dont really blame Miller. He squared up to Zali and gave a little butt. Happens all the time, he should have been sent off, the ref got it wrong and I dont think we can expect Miller to then go, 'erm ref, actually it was me - you should send me off and not him'!

Generally he is a diving cheating bassa though. But one who scores goals and maybe Csaba would get him to cut it out (diving, not scoring!)

Re the article, I see it as positive. Not a lot to wet pants over either way, but at least there is communication and our manager is involved in the process these day. Wait and see i guess. Only natural a lot of people are nervous considering recent history, but lets not let the red tops scare us eh!

Clerry Jambo
Re the Zali incident, i dont really blame Miller. He squared up to Zali and gave a little butt. Happens all the time, he should have been sent off, the ref got it wrong and I dont think we can expect Miller to then go, 'erm ref, actually it was me - you should send me off and not him'!

Generally he is a diving cheating bassa though. But one who scores goals and maybe Csaba would get him to cut it out (diving, not scoring!)

Re the article, I see it as positive. Not a lot to wet pants over either way, but at least there is communication and our manager is involved in the process these day. Wait and see i guess. Only natural a lot of people are nervous considering recent history, but lets not let the red tops scare us eh!

I represent that bit in bold mate - shocking last few windaes and we can only hope they have learned lessons and that Shabba gets the players he needs in the relevant positions ie no more goalies please and do we really need to invest in a right back, ( please not Ross ) and get 2 strikers in asap.

!

But generally he is successful at it and gains advantage for his team so I would hope he didnt cut it out - unless he starts getting called on it.

Look if you get a small nudge as a striker and you can make it look like a bigger nudge and get a free kick on the edge of the box fair dues, if you start really getting on the breests of your opposite defender fair dues too - IF YOU ARE PLAYING FOR HEARTS when gaining that advantage

If you go down like a swan and roll over 3 times at minimal contact you arent going to get anything other than a card but he isnt that kind of cheat, he's just more subtle

Thought he was mustard when he first arrived back from Bristol. However I don't think he did much at Dundee Utd and I wouldn't exactly say that he's been 'scoring for fun' while at Pittodrie ?

Obviously our current forwards aren't scoring at all !...........be it for fun or otherwise, but for me the scrote as shown his true colours and I'd welcome him about as heartily as deek the hobo :rifle:

Francis Albert
Scores goals.

We dont.

Aberdeen scored one goal more than us this season.

He'd have been our top scorer by 3 I think, and beaten Nade and Elliot by about 10 or 11

Not exactly prolific but better than we have...

Ibrahim Tall

Miller scored 6 more than all our strikers combined this year.

I dont know if anyone else as metioned it but i noticed in one of the papers ( yes i know, dont belive everything u read) but they did have quotes, that Mark de-vries, was almost begging Lazlo to sign him as he does not like it in Holland.

I would take him back anyday, just for the fact he scored 4 against Hibs.

He might be old but i think he would be a good addition to the team with a bit more physical presence that elliot who has the pace, i think they would work quite well if Lazlo was adventurous and played 2 up front. Ill look out the link if anyone requests it.

Francis Albert
Miller scored 6 more than all our strikers combined this year.

But Aberdeen played a different system and you can't simply assume the same outcome in terms of goals scored if Miller played in Csaba's favoured system. From what I recall of him in action I have my doubts about Miller in a 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 or whatever. He might do well, he might not. He lacks Nade's ability to hold the ball and lacks the sort of pace Elliot has shown in his "renaissance" in a few recent games.

Robbo27_22

I'd take Miller - unfortunate the circumstances he left in and would have loved to have seen him at Tynie in 05/06 season but has proven since then that he could add to our team.

shaun.lawson
I dont know if anyone else as metioned it but i noticed in one of the papers ( yes i know, dont belive everything u read) but they did have quotes, that Mark de-vries, was almost begging Lazlo to sign him as he does not like it in Holland.

He might be old but i think he would be a good addition to the team with a bit more physical presence that elliot who has the pace, i think they would work quite well if Lazlo was adventurous and played 2 up front. Ill look out the link if anyone requests it.

Wasn't MDV a bit fat and useless for Levein at Dundee United though?

Think that was one of Mark Donaldson's 'exclusives' in the Sun a wee while back? Came as a bit of a surprise - he was so blunt about being terribly unhappy in Holland that I wondered if it had some alternative purpose...talking himself out of his contract, maybe...I don't know...

I just thought it was weird.

Anyway, I don't think he's what we should be looking for but if we can afford a few extras then he'd make an interesting supersub.

Archived