What does it mean to be 'Celtic minded?'

Craigieboy

Craigieboy

I've heard a lot of Celtic fans interviewed on the radio and they seem to be repeating the fact that they prefer to have a manager in place who is 'Celtic minded.'

They harped on & on about how Martin O'Neil was that sort of manager.

What does it mean to be Celtic minded?

I've heard a lot of Celtic fans interviewed on the radio and they seem to be repeating the fact that they prefer to have a manager in place who is 'Celtic minded.'

They harped on & on about how Martin O'Neil was that sort of manager.

What does it mean to be Celtic minded?

A Mhanky, Soap Dodging, Terrorist sympathsing, bigoted ****Wit!!

Think that's all!!

An ex celtic player, manager, fan, catholic, rabidly anti protestant and/or irish are generally accepted as being sellick minded/doing things the sellick way.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

How many Celtic managers does it take to change a lightbulb?

None, cos they all walk on the dark side

Celtic fan or Irish connection, bigotted(some anyway), full of self-importance, nothing in the world should stop you thinking about Celtic 'til you die, Celtic's more important than the National team etc...plenty other stuff like that.

Craigieboy

IMO it's up there with the notion of there being a 'hibernian way' to play football.

ToadKiller Dog

Clause 8d - Have a complete dislike of dentists and a belief that the art of Dentistry is evil Black magic and if you visit such a practitioner you are doomed to spend eternity in hell !

An ex celtic player, manager, fan, catholic, rabidly anti protestant and/or irish are generally accepted as being sellick minded/doing things the sellick way.

My family have strong Irish roots and were raised in the west coast of Scotland, though i was born and bred in Edinburgh. I've always been a Hearts supporter and my father was a Kilmarnock fan.

Being Irish doesn't mean you're a Celtic fan or 'Celtic-minded' for that matter.

My interpretation of the phrase would be 'inherently paranoid thus triggering acute sympathy with men, balaclavas, guns and lost causes'

:rifle: <<<<<< A Celtic Fans wet dream.

And the most successful manager in their history was.......a proddy:10900:

My family have strong Irish roots and were raised in the west coast of Scotland, though i was born and bred in Edinburgh. I've always been a Hearts supporter and my father was a Kilmarnock fan.

Being Irish doesn't mean you're a Celtic fan or 'Celtic-minded' for that matter.

My interpretation of the phrase would be 'inherently paranoid thus triggering acute sympathy with men, balaclavas, guns and lost causes'

In their eyes.

Maroon 1874
Clause 8d - Have a complete dislike of dentists and a belief that the art of Dentistry is evil Black magic and if you visit such a practitioner you are doomed to spend eternity in hell !

Now THAT is funny :10900:

troonjambo

you are indeed correct though every celtic fan will try to tell you it does

Well said. Nothing wrong with being Irish or beign proud of your roots in a positive way. Hearts have had a few decent Irish players in the past and this part of Scotland has a lot of strong links with ireland that have f'all to do with Celtic fc or the IRA.

I think there is a belief amongst celtic fans that if you are irish you are instatly a celtic fan

Not true though in there own little heads

coatbridgejambo
IMO it's up there with the notion of there being a 'hibernian way' to play football.

their is a hibs way... the loosing way:10900:

Celtic minded = a perceived liking for things Oirish/Oirish background/having expressed a wish to play for Sellick (however whimsical/inflated/fanciful).

Cetic minded does not equal having played for their bitterest enemies in the 80s (while ****1ing all over them) when simultaneously being managed by a former Rangers player.

you are indeed correct though every celtic fan will try to tell you it does

Think the point is that being 'Celtic' means your Irish but being Irish dosn't mean your 'Celtic'.

scots civil war

anybody hear talkbollocks earlier with towno and parry ???

absolute comedy when this broad weedgie comes on and and gives us his take on `taking your children to a big once in a lifetime sporting event`

obviously septic minded he goes on to say that he took his son to seville whilst the son missed his final school exams.had to be done regardless because supporting ceptic is a way of life ad nauseum,cue spew etc

parry swiftly cuts him down saying thats no way for a father to behave in denying the offspring its exams and exit weedgie

pmsl when you can hear the **** trying to justify it while being faded out sharpish:compute:

jamboinglasgow
I think there is a belief amongst celtic fans that if you are irish you are instatly a celtic fan

Not true though in there own little heads

exactly, and if you go over to Republic of Ireland not many of them are Celtic fans and most have a dislike of the club.

I P Knightley

I don't think they would tout the phrase if that were the interpretation. ;)

It's an odd one, though, and comes over as being completely pompous. My interpretation is,

"We'll decided if we like you or not. If we don't, and can't quite put our finger on why (or we can but realise it would be politically insensitive to say why), we'll pass it off as being 'not Celtic-minded'."

I don't get how Martin O'Neill could be Celtic-minded while WGS couldn't. After all, WGS's gingerness surely marks him out as being more of a Celt than MO'N?

As I say, it's all pompous bollocks from illiterate and inarticulate erses.

Archived