Bar Maids at the Diggers..............

peckhamjambo

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
This thread has gotten waaaaaaaay off track, therefore I hope this unites Kickback and we can get back to discussing top heavy barmaids.

2lm827d.jpg

Now where were we.....:stuart:

I'd like to have a night in her back room.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diggers is my local and has its place for sure. Pretty much dead most days other than on matchday, but still a decent stop off point for a few mid week pints. I worked there for about 5 or so shifts earlier this year (always a match day) which was pretty hectic. Happier to be on the otherside of the bar!! :D

maroonlegions
Where is this Jug Bar?

Sounds cool.

Probably down leith way , its got a right massage pallor ring about it.:10900:

The Future's Maroon
This thread has gotten waaaaaaaay off track, therefore I hope this unites Kickback and we can get back to discussing top heavy barmaids.

2lm827d.jpg

Bravo that man!!!!

Bravo that man!!!!

Just trying to get us back on the subject mate.

That and bring a little smile to a few on here :10900: I couldn't tell you the amount of times I've just sat and watched that haha

Titish post imo.

Theres some on the thread that apparently don't like groups of guys sitting drinking together.

I wonder if the jug bar guys are viewed to be in a clique.

Mind you, most of the jug bar crew don't post on JKB so I don't know if that counts as a clique. Or is it royalty.

I'm confused.

The backroom clique could kick the jug bar clique's arse anyday, sonshine.

:laugh:

Craigieboy
The backroom clique could kick the jug bar clique's arse anyday, sonshine.

We do have Jimmy 'the blade' & Arthur 'the skull' though matey boy.

:gunsmilie:

:smiley2::rifle:

peckhamjambo
One or two people on here who are being more than a little over-sensitive.

Agreed

Think you have misunderstood the tone of my posts.

My day was excellent, including my time in the Diggers (which despite being a little quiet, I happen to think is a good solid boozer), and I have already stated this a couple of posts previously. The whole point of the thread was for a discussion on the bar maids, although the slight aside I referred to, and reference to 'kickback royalty' was intended to be a joke and wasn't intended to cause any offence. I was simply making reference that someone I was with pointed out a poster from kickback, and someone else made reference to the fact that there are a few regular posters who sit in the backroom. That is all. No lengthy observations.

In addition, aside from 3 or 4 posters, I personally wouldn't know what any one on this site looked like, including you.

The signature pic doesn't make it easier either!!

I`ve heard that some of them actually walk in and say "do you know who i am?" to any non-regs who nip in for a pint................

Generic Username
I`ve heard that some of them actually walk in and say "do you know who i am?" to any non-regs who nip in for a pint................

That's certainly what I do anyway.

I'd be absolutely mortified if someone came into my local and didn't know who I was or that I posted on here.

Life just wouldn't be worth living...

Pete Seeger
Forgive me for not inviting you in advance when meeting up with some friends for a drink after a football match. That was rude of me.

Buffalo Bill

Give it a rest. He made a tongue in cheek comment about the backroom which is mentioned on here on a daily basis. There's no need for you to have a nose bleed over it.

Your posts are usually pretty good on here but your letting yourself down on this thread.

The Future's Maroon
Just trying to get us back on the subject mate.

That and bring a little smile to a few on here :10900: I couldn't tell you the amount of times I've just sat and watched that haha

I couldnt tell you how many times I have watched it since you posted it!!!

I even tried to set it as my wallpaper on my pc...didnt work tho :57:

2lm827d.jpg

What a pair o' cliques !!!

Buffalo Bill
Give it a rest. He made a tongue in cheek comment about the backroom which is mentioned on here on a daily basis. There's no need for you to have a nose bleed over it.

Your posts are usually pretty good on here but your letting yourself down on this thread.

I appreciate you sticking up for your pal which is great and all that but I had already said my last words on this before you felt the need to come wading in.

Peckhamjambo, in my opinion, made some pretty snide, and at times fabricated comments, which is actually fine by me.

I'm just choosing to defend myself, that's all. I'm not even that bothered about it but I'm quite enjoying the 'banter', as he'd call it. I've been called a lot worse on Hibs.net. I'm also more than happy just to leave it now that I've said my piece.

Buffalo Bill

The Station Tavern buddy! It's next to Sainsbury's at the opposite end of Gorgie, no bad for a wee swally in there my man!

next to the bridge? I'm sure I was in there after the 98 cup win, decent pub from what I remember :stuart:

Chris Benoit
next to the bridge? I'm sure I was in there after the 98 cup win, decent pub from what I remember :stuart:

Yeah we were, it was outside there that I nearly got hit by the team bus :hang:

davemclaren
If I'm in the jug bar, it's royalty. If I'm in the backroom, it's royalty there. :D

in all seriousness, I always find folk to be friendly and welcoming, regardless of where in the pub they happen to be sitting or whether they happen to be on kickback or not.

I suppose it's just like royalty not to recognise ordinary people..... :stuart:

Commander Harris
I suppose it's just like royalty not to recognise ordinary people..... :stuart:

sorry dave. I did recognise you, you just took me by surprise so it took me a few seconds!

(I blame the beer. :o )

shaun.lawson

Question. Do good pubs have an unofficial but very real "attractiveness quotient" barmaids have to pass in order to be employed? It often seems that way to me... Just as there's an international sixth form college near where I used to live in Oxford where I swear the same quotient applied to the impossibly gorgeous Eastern European female students there...

3inaBednar

I have never seen a proper nice barmaid in Diggers in the ten years i've been drinking there. Folk on here have no standards whatsoever. Get some foreign lasses in soon and that'll change, scottish burds are rank.

Question. Do good pubs have an unofficial but very real "attractiveness quotient" barmaids have to pass in order to be employed? It often seems that way to me... Just as there's an international sixth form college near where I used to live in Oxford where I swear the same quotient applied to the impossibly gorgeous Eastern European female students there...

Unlike most of the dugs on heat in this thread, I couldn't really give a toss what a barmaid (or barman) looks like. Here are my needs in a barperson:

A) Able to pour a pint

B) Able to do it quickly

I'm a fussy b******, me.

shaun.lawson
Unlike most of the dugs on heat in this thread, I couldn't really give a toss what a barmaid (or barman) looks like. Here are my needs in a barperson:

A) Able to pour a pint

B) Able to do it quickly

I'm a fussy b******, me.

Whereas my needs are:

a) Able to pour a pint of Diet Coke

B) Able to do it quickly

If they look nice though, that's always a bonus. With regard to which, if anyone's ever in the area, I heartily recommend Jude the Obscure in Jericho, just outside Oxford. One of the barmaids is English, seems to spend her entire life in there, and is cute, but (er, I mean and) slutty looking. Another is Eastern European, and is just incredible. Best looking barmaid I've ever come across.

shaun.lawson
Chortle.

Note to all Kickbackers: when in conversation with I.J, it's always important to include a couple of double entendres. Otherwise he'll be very disappointed. :10900:

Note to all Kickbackers: when in conversation with I.J, it's always important to include a couple of double entendres. Otherwise he'll be very disappointed. :10900:

_38079040_carryon_ken150.jpg

:D

I have never seen a proper nice barmaid in Diggers in the ten years i've been drinking there. Folk on here have no standards whatsoever. Get some foreign lasses in soon and that'll change, scottish burds are rank.

I'm a scottish burd..and I'm not completely rank thankyou..as for answering the thread I'm just gonna say a pub is just a building that serves alcohol..it's the people in the pub that tend to make it a place to be..if they aren't your cup of tea you choose another building that serves alcohol and get over it

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Why do you not drink Shaun? Drinking alcohol until you throw up is the action of a winner.

Carl Weathers
Why do you not drink Shaun? Drinking alcohol until you throw up is the action of a winner.

It's how the kool guys roll!

shaun.lawson

Said a loser. That's LOSER, Mr I can't be arsed playing Acey's game any more so am going to throw it all away and let Shaun win instead! :10900:

gorgiegirl
I preferred the Clock to be honest.

I went in there once.... was one of lifes experiences. I had just moved back to Edinburgh and a new work friend suggested we go for a drink.... she said to meet at Haymarket and go to the Balmoral (imagined us sipping cocktails before hitting the town).... kinda shocked when dressed to the nines I was taken to the "other" Balmoral and then onto the clock...:10900:

I went in there once.... was one of lifes experiences. I had just moved back to Edinburgh and a new work friend suggested we go for a drink.... she said to meet at Haymarket and go to the Balmoral (imagined us sipping cocktails before hitting the town).... kinda shocked when dressed to the nines I was taken to the "other" Balmoral and then onto the clock...:10900:

Went in with my old boy when he was giving my first legal drinking experiences of Gorgie and Dalry. There was an old boy with a whippet standing at the bar, and no one else in. To this day, I swear that dog had an eye patch.

heartgarfunkel
I got barred from The Clock. Not a proud moment in life.

Good going Taz. Used to love a pint in the Mos Eisley Cantina after the match.

peckhamjambo

I am not so sure that anyone has said the bar maids are tidy fella?!!! Stacked, yes, tidy, no. Whilst being stacked helps up the score (by a point or two), going from a 4 to a 5 out of 10 isnt worthy of too much note! :10900:

Have been in more than once, always found it handy:qqb003:

No matter what time of day, there was always a WTF moment.

Every pub in town would have been brilliant that night! (With the possible exception of the Hypodermic and Firkin in Lochend). On the back of that cup final even the cooking lager in the Mercat tasted like Nectar fresh from Olympus with extra bubbles.

Similarly as with everything else in the world the Bar staff in the diggers are always far better looking after a big win for Hearts.

The speccy one becomes the sophisticated, intellectual one

The one with the big arse becomes the one with the impressive cleavage

The skinny one becomes the svelte, elegant one

The lanky one becomes the leggy one

Eric seems to assume a certain likeness to Cary Grant

etc...

P.S. You could tell Dalry was becoming gentrified when they knocked down the Clock Inn to build a Lidl.

Guest S.U.S.S.
I'm a scottish burd..and I'm not completely rank thankyou..as for answering the thread I'm just gonna say a pub is just a building that serves alcohol..it's the people in the pub that tend to make it a place to be..if they aren't your cup of tea you choose another building that serves alcohol and get over it

I think you should post some pics to prove ur not rank.:10900:

heartgarfunkel
Every pub in town would have been brilliant that night! (With the possible exception of the Hypodermic and Firkin in Lochend). On the back of that cup final even the cooking lager in the Mercat tasted like Nectar fresh from Olympus with extra bubbles.

Similarly as with everything else in the world the Bar staff in the diggers are always far better looking after a big win for Hearts.

The speccy one becomes the sophisticated, intellectual one

The one with the big arse becomes the one with the impressive cleavage

The skinny one becomes the svelte, elegant one

The lanky one becomes the leggy one

Eric seems to assume a certain likeness to Cary Grant

etc...

P.S. You could tell Dalry was becoming gentrified when they knocked down the Clock Inn to build a Lidl.

What does Rab Hay turn into?

What does Rab Hay turn into?

The hard working one who doesn't spend most of the day propped against the bar reading the Sun?

heartgarfunkel
The hard working one who doesn't spend most of the day propped against the bar reading the Sun?

:10900:

• 6 months later...
Miller Jambo 60
Quality thread!

This thread is from May, quality stuff.

Thing is a pub needs a fit barmaid with nice boobs, FACT.

Archived