Murphy`s away.

JamboJen

Breaking news on Sky Sports News, Hibs have accepted a bid of around ?2m from Birmingham for David Murphy.

Let's hope he's away before Saturday :)

Agree with you entirely Jen, the guys a good player. Anything that 'll weaken them for Saturday is ok by me!:)

Breaking news on Sky Sports News, Hibs have accepted a bid of around ?2m from Birmingham for David Murphy.

Let's hope he's away before Saturday :)

He will be away by then 100% confident.

Lewis Stevenson will be raped in the derby (not literally). Deividas know every trick in the book and has lightening pace.

Who do Hibs play on the right of defence. Is it someone Driver can handle, well of course it will be a Hibs player...

Even if he doesn't go this week, there is no danger he would play on Sat anyway. He got a mystery illness just as the transfer window opened.

loveofthegame

If theres a bid been accepted there is no chance in hell he'll be playing on Sat. Do you think he'd be prepared to jeopardise a 'dream move' down South by risking an injury in what could be a heated derby?!

Or more to the point, do you think Petrie will be prepared to jeopardise the ?2Mill!!! Absolutely no chance!

Means Stevenson or that even younger lad who played on Sat. Either or i'd be very confident that Chesny will rip them a new hole

Colonel Kurtz
How much money have they raked in from transfer fees over the last couple of seasons?

The football club ...nothing

Farmer and petrie ..... lots

hearts @ heart
Lewis Stevenson will be raped in the derby (not literally). Deividas know every trick in the book and has lightening pace.

Who do Hibs play on the right of defence. Is it someone Driver can handle, well of course it will be a Hibs player...

Replacement could be Ned Murray if Petrie finds his purse strings!;):)

loveofthegame
Replacement could be Ned Murray if Petrie finds his purse strings!;):)

Difference in ability between Murray and Murphy is like night and day.

Murray is an incredibly incredibly big time charlie, who was a bit part player of the least successful and one of the worst Rangers teams in living memory.

Swapping Murphy for Murray is a massive stepdown, and 1 i'd be delighted with! On yersel Chesny!

Even if he doesn't go this week, there is no danger he would play on Sat anyway. He got a mystery illness just as the transfer window opened.

Good business for a very average player. The Hobo myth continues. :rolleyes:

Walter Bishop
How much money have they raked in from transfer fees over the last couple of seasons?

not as much as us!!!! ;););)

gordon - 9m

skacel - 1.7m

hartley - 1.2m

Thomson - 2m

Brown - 4m

whitty - 2m

sproule - 250k

riordan - 50k

Murphy 2m

best left back in the spl in my opinion, quite good money for hibs really but maybe could have squeezed more. whether or not he'll make it in the epl is up for discussion though.

gordon - 9m

skacel - 1.7m

hartley - 1.2m

Thomson - 2m

Brown - 4m

whitty - 2m

sproule - 250k

riordan - 50k

Murphy 2m

....And we have both re-invested the money well? :(

gordon - 9m

skacel - 1.7m

hartley - 1.2m

Thomson - 2m

Brown - 4m

whitty - 2m

sproule - 250k

riordan - 50k

Murphy 2m

Plus webster money to follow.

gordon - 9m

skacel - 1.7m

hartley - 1.2m

Thomson - 2m

Brown - 4m

whitty - 2m

sproule - 250k

riordan - 50k

Murphy 2m

You forgot O'Connor - ?1.3m.

However we recouped that sum alone by winningt he cup that year. ;)

Good player, but even if he hasn't signed for them officially by Saturday, I can't imagine tea-bag heed playing him, nor would Birmingham let him.

Miller Jambo 60
Good bit of business again for Hibs ( money wise)

Bad Timing though. ( football wise)

I have to laugh petrie sells all his players but vlad pays big wages so who is an aerse .:)

jamboinglasgow

if I was a hibs fan I would be starting to wonder where does the money go now they have lowered the debt and built the gulag in east lothian. Surely theres money for a new manager to buy a new player.

this_is_my_story

How the F@*k do they do it???

?2m for a decent and consistent left back, no Roberto Carlos here.

?2m for a 'right back' who can't defend, but admittedly does look half decent going forward. Remember his 'performances' against Skacel?

?2m for a midfielder who doesn't come anywhere near to bossing games or having a significant influence on them.

And best of all, ?4.5m for a guy who can run about a lot, who would be worth maybe half that price if he could add composure, goals and a football brain to his game. When was the last time you heard of him having a blinder since his early season honeymoon?

Wish we could get double the value for our players... would actually be willing to sell a few of them if, unlike hibs, we were to re-invest at least some of the funds into the team. I really am at a loss as to how they get these fees

Jimmy McNulty

gordon - 9m

skacel - 1.7m

hartley - 1.2m

Thomson - 2m

Brown - 4m

whitty - 2m

sproule - 250k

riordan - 50k

Murphy 2m

That doesn't include what we SHOULD have got for Pressley and Webster...

gordon - 9m

skacel - 1.7m

hartley - 1.2m

Thomson - 2m

Brown - 4m

whitty - 2m

sproule - 250k

riordan - 50k

Murphy 2m

Lol, good point! :)

I think from that list the only one which has been money well spent has been Thomson who seems to be getting better and better for the Huns. Conversely, Scott Brown seems to be going the other way and even 'Tic fans are starting to turn on him.

jamboinglasgow

I think from that list the only one which has been money well spent has been Thomson who seems to be getting better and better for the Huns. Conversely, Scott Brown seems to be going the other way and even 'Tic fans are starting to turn on him.

Funnily thats what my Rangers supporting friend has said about Thomson. He is getting better and better he had a problem before due to having fergusson next to him who always demands the ball. Also he wasn't impressed with whittker at the begining but since being moved into left back he thinks he has done much better there.

Not too sure about how Browns done.

The Mighty Thor

Another decent bit of business for the hubs.

?2m is whole lot of cash for a guy who has been consistent whilst not spectacular.

Miller Jambo 60

HOBOS ARE PASH NO MONEY AN UGLY MANAGER AND A CHAIRMAN WITH A TIGHT WALLET

gordon - 7m (+ 2 million in add ons)

skacel - 1.7m

hartley - 1.2m

O'Connor 1.6m

Thomson - 2m

Brown - 4.4m(+ 1 million in add ons)

whitty - 2m

sproule - 500k

riordan - 150k

Murphy 1.5m (+ 1 million in add ons)

your a wee bit out so iv edited it.

and for the poster asking how we do it, its because they were all on long term contracts, once we started making a profit and cutting the debt we didnt need to sell for two bobs like we used to and can now get what we feel we deserve :D as for petrie putting more money back into the team? pffft unlikely, id expect a new east stand to be announced putting us back in the debt, then when we sell fletcher(the best of the bunch in my opinion) we might, just might spend a couple pennies

tommythejambo
IMO, the best right abck of the season.

Thank god hes leaving.

He's a left back I think.

Anyway good to see the back of him. A bit over-rated but I'd take him at Hearts.

DuffJimmy1875
He will be away by then 100% confident.

Even if he's not ACTUALLY left the club by then, if all that's left to do on a big deal with Brum is to dot the i's and cross the t's then he won't get on the pitch so as to avoid him getting a injury and thus jeopardising the move.

How the F@*k do they do it???

?2m for a decent and consistent left back, no Roberto Carlos here.

?2m for a 'right back' who can't defend, but admittedly does look half decent going forward. Remember his 'performances' against Skacel?

?2m for a midfielder who doesn't come anywhere near to bossing games or having a significant influence on them.

And best of all, ?4.5m for a guy who can run about a lot, who would be worth maybe half that price if he could add composure, goals and a football brain to his game. When was the last time you heard of him having a blinder since his early season honeymoon?

Totally agree with you.

Another good, but not particularly special player, sold for really good money.

Fecking reptiles.

this_is_my_story
your a wee bit out so iv edited it.

and for the poster asking how we do it, its because they were all on long term contracts, once we started making a profit and cutting the debt we didnt need to sell for two bobs like we used to and can now get what we feel we deserve :D as for petrie putting more money back into the team? pffft unlikely, id expect a new east stand to be announced putting us back in the debt, then when we sell fletcher(the best of the bunch in my opinion) we might, just might spend a couple pennies

That would be me! Know what you mean about the long-term contracts, but even taking that into account, some of the fees hibs have received have been unbelievable. ?500k for the roadrunner really sums it up.

That would be me! Know what you mean about the long-term contracts, but even taking that into account, some of the fees hibs have received have been unbelievable. ?500k for the roadrunner really sums it up.

never the most technichally gifted player, thats for sure, he went to england, the amount of cash there is unbelieveable, thats the only reason we got that much for him, i also think a lot of scouts have residences in our west stand and at the moment will sign up any player we say is available for transfer for any price we want. still, none of itll get re invested in the team, so you guys dont need to worry about it to much!

cannae believe he went for ?2 Million

No a bad player but the wee team have done well to get that for him

He couldn't lace the boots of the likes of Tosh McKinlay, Takkis or George Cowie in their prime

Another good bit of business for the vermin.

Say what you like about Rod Petrie but he certainly gets good money for selling players (not that we haven't done too badly in terms of fees in for selling players either).

I'd be a bit more upset if I was an Aberdeen fan. They have done as well as Hibs over the past few seasons (bar the egg cup win) and have raked in very little in terms of fees for selling players.

?1.5m up front then ?500k if Birmingham stay up and another ?500k based on x appearances. How the **** do they do it? But more to the point, hope they get relegated and he doesn't play the required number of games one way or another.

?1.25 million up front plus the add-ons you have said. Seems like a bargain to me for the best left back in scotland who still had a few years left on his contract, especially when you think Hutton aka the new cafu has been quoted at ?8 million plus.

?1.25 million up front plus the add-ons you have said. Seems like a bargain to me for the best left back in scotland who still had a few years left on his contract, especially when you think Hutton aka the new cafu has been quoted at ?8 million plus.

I agree.

Gutted he's left but we have lost better.

We all know Hutton isn't worth that though. If it's only ?1.25m in the end then I think it's maybe a bargain but I wouldn't say ?2.25m was a bargain, unless he directly helps them stay up by scoring a winner in the last game of the season or something.

I agree.

Gutted he's left but we have lost better.

The problem is Petrie seems happy to sell but not so happy to buy any replacements, I know the rumours are that the lad wanted a move back down south so there is no point trying to keep him if he wants to go but surely your club should have been actively seeking a replacement and had him in place before letting him go, or am I wrong? I know I have a cheek to slag the running of any club when you see the state ours is in, but surely you guys cant be happy with the way Petrie is running you club.

The problem is Petrie seems happy to sell but not so happy to buy any replacements, I know the rumours are that the lad wanted a move back down south so there is no point trying to keep him if he wants to go but surely your club should have been actively seeking a replacement and had him in place before letting him go, or am I wrong? I know I have a cheek to slag the running of any club when you see the state ours is in, but surely you guys cant be happy with the way Petrie is running you club.

Totally agree mate.

But I'm led to believe that Murray is coming back in the next few days so the replacement is there for him in a way. :cool:

eddie fenwick
Totally agree mate.

But I'm led to believe that Murray is coming back in the next few days so the replacement is there for him in a way. :cool:

howd you feel about murray comin back?

We all know Hutton isn't worth that though. If it's only ?1.25m in the end then I think it's maybe a bargain but I wouldn't say ?2.25m was a bargain, unless he directly helps them stay up by scoring a winner in the last game of the season or something.

Depends if your talking about the English transfer market, which regularly sees mediocre championship players being punted for 4 million etc. Or the Scottish transfer market where its more like 400k. Personally I think he will do a job for Birmingham and still has his best years ahead of him, but I suppose only time will tell. :)

howd you feel about murray comin back?

He's coming back on a loan with the Hibs being able to sign him on a perm if all goes well.

An Ian Murray with a point to prove, eager to play football just might be a cracking deal for us. :cool:

Archived