Craig Levein

Rawrrrrrrr

Please can they just do us all a favour and appoint him with full control

The guys a natural winner, and a top tactician/scout

Id take scrappy 1-0 wins every week

It couldnt be any worse than it is now

Come on pedro/deeks/vlad/charlie/campbell, pretty please;)

BFE..always see sense in your posts mate...another good one here. Levein true Hearts legend. Based on his record the last time and if he was given money this time around...who knows:cool:

Graham Thomson

No Argument from me . good post

Would be great to see CL back here. I live in hope. :P

Levein would probably prefer to continue rebuilding his managerial reputation, than take the gamble that the Hearts job inevitably will be.

Levein or Jefferies for me.

It would work on 2 levels.

1) It would demonstrate to the support that Romanov was going to stop messing around in an area which is he totally out of his depth.

2) It would unite the support again.

If they (the Club) bring in an unheard of manager such as say for example RIX(!!!),there will be serious discontent down Gorgie.

Levein left us in the lurch, did to nothing at Leicester, Done OK at United but on a slide there I think. Overall an unexciting choice.

Levein or Jefferies for me.

2) It would unite the support again.

Would have either or back mate, but theres still alot of Jambos out there not convinced with JJ, Agree would unite the support in terms of having a man at the helm to back.

Just wish the romanovs would pull there finger oot, doors slamming shut if we have any small thought of having a cup run

He will not come back and work for the Russians IMO.

He told plenty of Hearts fans that at a club function a couple of months ago.

Graham Thomson
Levein left us in the lurch, did to nothing at Leicester, Done OK at United but on a slide there I think. Overall an unexciting choice.

Always a negative, but hey, you are entitled to your opinion.......

If JJ was to come back and shaggy gets dropped, how bout stephane adam as assistant?

He's helped JJ out in the past with training sessions at killie (which i thinks one big problem we have just now) Must have european knowledge of players and contacts and obviously knows the club quite well

I think CL would be a good appointment for us, but I can't see him coming to work under Romanov's regime (he's no daft).

markletissier
Having a giraffe! Mare chance of a goal fi elliot than this numpty winning us a match

so i thought. i like the fact that his successor is part-time carpenter, part-time icelandic manager.

Levein although there are other stories about his personal life, to my memory left Hearts because of the opportunity at Leicester, and because of his doubts about his ability to work under the Romanov regime. The one thing that would be for sure now is that they would both understand where the other is coming from. Levein would see and recognise any signs of Vlads penchant for interference. Vlad should know now that Craig would not stand for it and would be off, to be honest I don't think Vlads in a position now to have that happen again, and I suspect he knows it.

I spoke to Levein when he was in Vancouver, I asked him about his tactics, his response was that you have to set your tactics to the quality of player you have, not a direct quote, but the true gist of what he said. Given the opportunity to bring in some players of his choice, and the added benefit of having the finances to pay them I believe he could be succesful, and even offer entertaining football.

If it was an election my vote would be with Craig.

ToadKiller Dog

prancer for england ,surely the scrappy 1-0 wins would be no good for the increased attendences you say in another thread are needed before the club should think about building the new stand and any other redeveolpment?.

BFE..always see sense in your posts mate...another good one here. Levein true Hearts legend. Based on his record the last time and if he was given money this time around...who knows:cool:

This got anything to do with BFE backing you up over the 400,000 fans thread???

"SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK":p;):P

brown_noser.jpg

;)

alwaysthereinspirit

Once again. Didn't Craig dump us already for greener grass. He wanted nothing to do with us or Vlad then, why now.

CL left for Leicester due to his personal/family life being in meltdown and he needed a clean break. Leicester offered him a chance to do that. If his life was in a different place at the time I'm sure he would've stayed and worked with Vlad. Robinson introduced them before CL left and he said some quite positive (tho guarded) things about it.

His teams are built on a solid back four, 2 quick wingers and a big striker to get on the end of crosses. Pretty much how Burley did it too... Yet one played great football and the other didn't?? Maybe one just had the luxury of signing decent players while the other had to cut anyone that was on decent money.

His words at the HoF bash say it all.. This is his club. End of. He'd come back with or without Vlad... and he's a better manager than the people running the club at present deserve.

The guys a natural [/b]winner[/b], and a top tactician/scout

Except that he has never won anything? Unless you get awards for playing centre halfs as centre forwards....;)

Have Levein back as a player before as a manager.

Bored me shi*less away from Tynie.

Would be very happ with either Jeffries or Levein. Why? Because it's light years better than we have had to endure over the last year and a half.

However I'd rather we brought in someone who hasn't managed the club before, never a fan of heroes going back to former clubs.

Oh, I dunno, I had a great time in Bordeaux, Braga and Basel!

john brownlee
Levein although there are other stories about his personal life, to my memory left Hearts because of the opportunity at Leicester, and because of his doubts about his ability to work under the Romanov regime. The one thing that would be for sure now is that they would both understand where the other is coming from. Levein would see and recognise any signs of Vlads penchant for interference. Vlad should know now that Craig would not stand for it and would be off, to be honest I don't think Vlads in a position now to have that happen again, and I suspect he knows it.

I spoke to Levein when he was in Vancouver, I asked him about his tactics, his response was that you have to set your tactics to the quality of player you have, not a direct quote, but the true gist of what he said. Given the opportunity to bring in some players of his choice, and the added benefit of having the finances to pay them I believe he could be succesful, and even offer entertaining football.

If it was an election my vote would be with Craig.

leopard_ep-1946m.jpg

cant change wont change

leavin no thanks

:5643::5643::5643::5643:

HillmanHearts

Does one recall a extremely "boring" five - one victory over Hibs ?

I'd take Craig back in a heart beat.

Does one recall a extremely "boring" five - one victory over Hibs ?

I'd take Craig back in a heart beat.

You obviously never went to away games?

Bored, ffs enjoying getting humped every week I take it, pretty exciting stuff.

2 WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT.

I don't enjoy the results at the moment but no way do i want to watch the football witnessed under CL.

Maybe he would be better with additional resources, money etc... but at this moment I would look for someone better. However if CL was the best we could possible hope for then I would take him back.

Drylaw Hearts

CL did an excellent job with the budget he was given.

I'd rather finish 3rd watching CL football than finish in a lower postion watching our players attempt to play 'flair' football.

Anything else is Hobo mentality.

BTW, we were 3rd top goalscorers in 2 of the 3 Seasons he was here.

CL did an excellent job with the budget he was given.

I'd rather finish 3rd watching CL football than finish in a lower postion watching our players attempt to play 'flair' football.

Anything else is Hobo mentality.

BTW, we were 3rd top goalscorers in 2 of the 3 Seasons he was here.

It isn't clear that the club these days would be able to afford the ?5m plus budgets that Levein had - at a time when many clubs were in financial distress (3 in administration). I have always thought that he did a reasonable job in the league and was bitterly disappointing in the cups given the large resources he was given. I didn't like watching his style of football and his management style either.

But he would be miles better than the current situation.

I'd love to have Levein back but I think you're being harsh on the "scrappy 1-0 win" front.

I would kill to be a fly on the wall on his first day back.

Buffalo Bill

It isn't clear that the club these days would be able to afford the ?5m plus budgets that Levein had - at a time when many clubs were in financial distress (3 in administration). I have always thought that he did a reasonable job in the league and was bitterly disappointing in the cups given the large resources he was given. I didn't like watching his style of football and his management style either.

He wasn't "given" any resources at all. He inherited a wage budget far in excess of what the club could afford and was given the task of systematically slashing said budget, whilst still being expected to put out a competitive team. He lost his (original) testimonial game due to the bank threatening to close the club and he lived under the same threat for most of his time as manager.

Drylaw Hearts
It isn't clear that the club these days would be able to afford the ?5m plus budgets that Levein had - at a time when many clubs were in financial distress (3 in administration).

I think the budget given to any new manager will be higher than everyother Clubs outwith the OF.

I have always thought that he did a reasonable job in the league and was bitterly disappointing in the cups given the large resources he was given.

His record in the Cups was pretty poor.

But so was George Burleys. :)

I didn't like watching his style of football and his management style either.

It wasn't the greatest football to watch all time but he did provide some great results/performences.

As it was his first BIG job, I think he did very well.

As for his style - he took no cr@p, something that can't be said for the majority of the Managers/Head Coaches we've had in the last 2 and bit years.

Without a doubt.

He wasn't "given" any resources at all. He inherited a wage budget far in excess of what the club could afford and was given the task of systematically slashing said budget, whilst still being expected to put out a competitive team. He lost his (original) testimonial game due to the bank threatening to close the club and he lived under the same threat for most of his time as manager.

The financial results showed that the wage bill was above ?5m in each of his first 3 seasons. Way way more than any other non Old Firm side. There wasn't a systematic cut though there were of course some legacy big payments to players on JJ contracts. On some of those he just fell out with the players and had to 'sicken' them.

He did a good job of telling people how big the cuts were ... but he was always able to bring in players including the likes of Maybury and Stamp from Premiership squads! Other than the good win in Braga and following games, he didn't really bring in any cup revenue either.

If it wasn't about a continued high wage bill creating debts - why did the club's finances get into the state where the Pieman tried to sell the stadium?

• davemclaren locked this topic