European qualification and goals

Gorgiewave

Gorgiewave

This may be a question for Davy Allan, but has a team ever qualified for Europe with so few goals per game as we have scored this season. 1.05 goals per match = 40 in a season. I know we are neither guaranteed a European spot nor unable to win 5-0 in each of our remaining fixtures but the latter, especially, is very unlikely.

Can anybody think of examples of a team qualifying for Europe (or winning the league) with such a low goals/game ratio?

perfect argument for a couple of new strikers in the transfer window

ie proven goalscorers not the crap weve had to put up with for the last few seasons

heartsfc_fan
This may be a question for Davy Allan, but has a team ever qualified for Europe with so few goals per game as we have scored this season. 1.05 goals per match = 40 in a season. I know we are neither guaranteed a European spot nor unable to win 5-0 in each of our remaining fixtures but the latter, especially, is very unlikely.

Can anybody think of examples of a team qualifying for Europe (or winning the league) with such a low goals/game ratio?

In recent seasons I can't.

http://www.hearts-mad.co.uk/footydb/loadlghs.asp

Livingston scored 50 in the 2001/2002 season.

Motherwell scored 50 last season.

EDIT: Ah ha!

St Johnstone only scored 39 in the 98/99 season to get 3rd place (with all be it 36 games a season though).

Gorgiewave
In recent seasons I can't.

http://www.hearts-mad.co.uk/footydb/loadlghs.asp

Livingston scored 50 in the 2001/2002 season.

Motherwell scored 50 last season.

EDIT: Ah ha!

St Johnstone only scored 39 in the 98/99 season to get 3rd place (with all be it 36 games a season though).

That's 1.0833 goals per game for St. Johnstone. We've averaged 1.057 so far this season, Aberdeen away and Celtic still to play.

Dunfermline qualified for europe with a total of 26 goals in 2006/07, albeit as cup runners-up and relegated.

heartsfc_fan
That's 1.0833 goals per game for St. Johnstone. We've averaged 1.057 so far this season, Aberdeen away and Celtic still to play.

Tells us we are "efficient" but need a striker! :toilet:

Archived