U19s

Ryan Gosling

Footballfirst

Just back from Riccarton

Hearts put out a fairly strong side this afternoon

Ridgers

C Thomson D McGowan Balatoni Brown

Wallace Stewart Mulrooney Husband (Mackenzie) Visconte (Wagner)

Cowan (Love)

The conditions were a bit difficult for both teams with a strong crosswind and squally showers. Hearts played well throughout the early part of the game with good passing, support and pressure. They went ahead from a stot from Cowan across the goalkeeper after good lead up work from Stewart and Wallace. They went 2 up after Visconte headed in a good cross from Thomson fro the right. It wasn't the cleanest of headers, but Rocky could hardly miss.

After the second goal they seemed to take their foot off the gas and stopped the short passing game in favour of running with the ball and playing longer passes which were no use in the conditions.

The second half started very scappily in deteriorating conditions with Hearts off the pace. If anything Falkirk look more likely to score. However, once the sun came out again Hearts started passing again and were rewarded with a 3rd goal from Mulrooney as he was allowed time in the box to control a Thomson corner then pick his spot.

Best for Hearts were Stewart (in the first half), Thomson and Ridgers handling was good in the conditions.

jamboinglasgow

well done the wee Hearts. A good way to end a good season where they pushed till the end and if not for one or two results could have won the league.

Sad that this game could be the last game in Hearts colours for some players but it could also mark the begining of the next stage of other peoples career. Lets hope we move from strength to strength next season.

thehibsareintheirbeds

cheers FF, bit of good news is most welcome today! is that us finished second then?

Footballfirst
cheers FF, bit of good news is most welcome today! is that us finished second then?

Depends on the Rangers result v ICT. They need to win to pip us for 2nd.

chickalittle

I heard Rangers lost 2-0 to ICT today so if that's true it means Hearts finished the season in 2nd place! Well done guys

Guest Dipped Flake
Depends on the Rangers result v ICT. They need to win to pip us for 2nd.

According to the spl site, rangers got beat 2-0 so we ended up second

heartsfc_fan

:shifty:

jamboinglasgow

well done the U19s then, the finish is a credit to them.

Footballfirst

That's good to hear. Rangers finished 3rd and Celtic currently 5th (will probably end up 6th). So much for the OF and their youth development.

jamboinglasgow
That's good to hear. Rangers finished 3rd and Celtic currently 5th (will probably end up 6th). So much for the OF and their youth development.

plus we can make it a double second place if we win on Wednesday against Aberdeen in the reserve league.

Toxteth O'Grady
Just back from Riccarton

Hearts put out a fairly strong side this afternoon

Ridgers

C Thomson D McGowan Balatoni Brown

Wallace Stewart Mulrooney Husband (Mackenzie) Visconte (Wagner)

Cowan (Love)

The conditions were a bit difficult for both teams with a strong crosswind and squally showers. Hearts played well throughout the early part of the game with good passing, support and pressure. They went ahead from a stot from Cowan across the goalkeeper after good lead up work from Stewart and Wallace. They went 2 up after Visconte headed in a good cross from Thomson fro the right. It wasn't the cleanest of headers, but Rocky could hardly miss.

After the second goal they seemed to take their foot off the gas and stopped the short passing game in favour of running with the ball and playing longer passes which were no use in the conditions.

The second half started very scappily in deteriorating conditions with Hearts off the pace. If anything Falkirk look more likely to score. However, once the sun came out again Hearts started passing again and were rewarded with a 3rd goal from Mulrooney as he was allowed time in the box to control a Thomson corner then pick his spot.

Best for Hearts were Stewart (in the first half), Thomson and Ridgers handling was good in the conditions.

Cheers for your report mate and also to J.I.G. and other under 19 watchers for keeping us in the picture over the season.

Good final league position for the lads considering we have a few of the potential under 19's playing in reserves.

Also good to hear Rocky is back, he looked good when I watched the U 19's last season.

jambos are go!

Thought it was a competent display in difficult conditions. Ridgers looks a great prospect and already has the required physique and height. My main thought was that Husband needs first team opportunities to progress further.

Charlie-Brown

With his goal today it means Mark Cowan finished the season as the U19 league's top goalscorer with 13 league goals in 22 games. Well done lad! :)

janie jones

Good stuff and another sign that CL is moving the whole club in the right direction.

jamboinglasgow
Good stuff and another sign that CL is moving the whole club in the right direction.

also Darren Murray deserves a lot of praise. He got a lot of stick last season but i think he has shown what he can do this season and he is doing some real great work with the reserves.

Charlie-Brown

Hearts U19's also finished the league's top scorers with 52 scored in 22 games.

With his goal today it means Mark Cowan finished the season as the U19 league's top goalscorer with 13 league goals in 22 games. Well done lad! :)

And is being released.

Charlie-Brown
And is being released.

Do you know which other youths are being released jayjay?

Unlucky for Mark Cowan if true - don't see what more he could have done - it's not easy to play lone striker role and regularly contribute goals / be the main goal threat.

Ryan Gosling

Unlucky for Mark Cowan if true - don't see what more he could have done - it's not easy to play lone striker role and regularly contribute goals / be the main goal threat.

Players out of contract are Cowan, McKenzie, Wallace, Visconte and Stewart.

Charlie-Brown

Mulrooney? Long? Adam?

Ryan Gosling

Should have added - the 5 mentioned above were who the Record were referring to.

heartsfc_fan

Shame if Cowan is. He is the U19 top scorer

Ryan Gosling

Wallace certainly didn't look like he was playing for a contract today.

Great stuff guys! Anyone know the full table? I had a wee bet on with a Celtic friend of mine that we'd finish above them this season. Is this true? I can use it as a techincal victory! :shifty:

Charlie-Brown
Great stuff guys! Anyone know the full table? I had a wee bet on with a Celtic friend of mine that we'd finish above them this season. Is this true? I can use it as a techincal victory! :shifty:

This was the table before Hearts 3-0 win today ..... Hearts kids did the double on Celts beating them 3-0 home and 2-1 away.

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s60

Rudi Skacel

I know the boy is 17, but does any of the regular viewers of the U19's know how Shaun Hill played this season?

Is he one that we can hope to see in the future?

Charlie-Brown
I know the boy is 17, but does any of the regular viewers of the U19's know how Shaun Hill played this season?

Is he one that we can hope to see in the future?

I'm not sure if Hill played in the U19's this season? Both him & Scott Robinson were still eligible for the U17's this season ... Robinson played in the U17, U19 & Reserves since he came back from injury at the turn of the year - been looking back to his best by all accounts - that wee guy is a pocket dynamo. :)

Gigolo-Aunt
I'm not sure if Hill played in the U19's this season? Both him & Scott Robinson were still eligible for the U17's this season ... Robinson played in the U17, U19 & Reserves since he came back from injury at the turn of the year - been looking back to his best by all accounts - that wee guy is a pocket dynamo. :)

Finisher as well, Charlie?

Rudi Skacel

Im sure Shaun has made a few appereances from the bench this season. Hopefully figure more next season. He was a good friend of mine before. He is a good player and if he keeps his head on he has a good chance.

His brother was better but he found alcohol unfortunatly.

Charlie-Brown
Finisher as well, Charlie?

Yes he can finish & take penalties etc but he's wasted as a striker - likes and needs to be much more involved in the game and he's so hard working as well - I know he's tiny but he's the ideal team player and like other small players like Strachan he's got the heart & determination that his small stature stops being an issue.

Rudi Skacel
Anybody know about a boy called Wood from Haddington?

U17's??

care to elaborate bud? Im from haddington as is Shaun Hill so more details and i could know him.

Toxteth O'Grady
care to elaborate bud? Im from haddington as is Shaun Hill so more details and i could know him.

Don't have much more details, son of a greenkeeper from the golf club I think

Mckenzie and Cowan are defo released.the club are Still mulling over Visconte and Jonny stewart. By the way i think young Cowan may be heading for East Fife;)

jamboinglasgow
Anybody know about a boy called Wood from Haddington?

U17's??

John Woods I presume. He is a midfield who has been in midfield a few times this season for the U19s but had a few injuries.

Charlie-Brown
Mckenzie and Cowan are defo released.the club are Still mulling over Visconte and Jonny stewart. By the way i think young Cowan may be heading for East Fife;)

Cheers jayjay ..... Visconte has struggled to regain form & fitness after a long time out injured but he was good before that and maybe just needs a hard pre-season to get fitness back ..... Johnny Stewart is definitely worth keeping for another year at least & see how he progresses in the reserves.

Well Stevie Crawford was at the game yesterday.

Yeah to watch Cowan and he was quite impressed.

Archived