Wallace Mercer - Six Feet Under

The Merse

Eckauskas

What's funny is that the song originated from the section of the Hibs support who're about 10 years old.

I think it's fair to say that 80% of Hibs' songs were Wallace Mercer related tonight.

Classy bunch of people right enough.

I thought that is what i heard.

Low life every last one of them.

I expect to read about that in the papers tomorrow.

Patrick Bateman
I think it's fair to say that 80% of Hibs' songs were Wallace Mercer related tonight.

That, along with their players deciding to celebrate in front of the Hearts support rather than their own epitomises them as a football club.

Patrick Bateman
They're not wrong though.

Lets get the PC cotton wool off.

Yes, singing about dead people is socially acceptable. Sorry for our mistake.

They're not wrong though.

Lets get the PC cotton wool off.

Aye. Only political correctness would cause somebody to be offended by a song like that. Get a grip.

What's funny is that the song originated from the section of the Hibs support who're about 10 years old.

Don't no what the relevance of that post was. Was it to excuse them coz they are only 10? When I looked every last one of them was singing it. Filth

Ray Winstone

About as classy as running on the pitch to try and attack and opposing player!

(and failing misserably)

Chip Douglas
Aye. Only political correctness would cause somebody to be offended by a song like that. Get a grip.

No. YOU get a grip goonball. I've heard a lot worse from my daughter's nursery pals.

This is football.

We lost, lets concentrate on the issues.

Guest Roop

Ignoring the fact that the Big Team Big Cup chant is embarrassing anyway, I can't believe it took them two years to think of a reply. Two years. And it's still a re-hash of their old stuff.

Brilliant fans, them twelve year olds.

Eckauskas
Don't no what the relevance of that post was. Was it to excuse them coz they are only 10? When I looked every last one of them was singing it. Filth

No.

It was that not one of them would have been alive when Mercer was trying to take them over.

The Merse
Ignoring the fact that the Big Team Big Cup chant is embarrassing anyway, I can't believe it took them two years to think of a reply. Two years. And it's still a re-hash of their old stuff.

Brilliant fans, them twelve year olds.

Agreed, the big team big cup patter is absolutely rancid.

hate_hibs
I thought that is what i heard.

Low life every last one of them.

I expect to read about that in the papers tomorrow.

Keep expecting mate, because we all know that there will feek all about it in the paper.. All it will be about is rat boy getting attacked and how much the GFA are going to fine us.. Same old pap..

No. YOU get a grip goonball. I've heard a lot worse from my daughter's nursery pals.

This is football.

Goonball? What the hell is that?

I'd suggest you transfer your daughter's nursery if they're cracking jokes about people dying from cancer.

No.

It was that not one of them would have been alive when Mercer was trying to take them over.

Fair enough , still filth the lot of them, and whats all this ****, having Lochend boys club and Edina Hibs playing at half time. Spawn of the low lifes. My appologies for any Jambo's that play for them but it is just wrong.

About as classy as running on the pitch to try and attack and opposing player!

(and failing misserably)

What he said.

This is football.

Behave yourself , they were not singing bah bah black sheep.

Fair enough , still filth the lot of them, and whats all this ****, having Lochend boys club and Edina Hibs playing at half time. Spawn of the low lifes. My appologies for any Jambo's that play for them but it is just wrong.

So calling 8 year olds spawn of the low life isnt in any way a classless act? Sheesh

FAO Hibs fans;

Can you please let the WM stuff go. Yes, the former Hearts Chairman passed away, everybody dies, ironically -that's life. Can you just let the man's name rest in peace.

It's all in the past. Let's grow up now.

I couldn't care what they sing as my expectations of them couldn't really be much lower anyway. I am more concerned about what we do. Lets not turn into them by obsessing about the other side constantly.

We have more pressing matters at hand as we can still achieve something this season.

The People's Chimp

The hobo fans were laughable. I walked back up mcleod st (away from tynie) and it was quite amusing, although eventually the polis asked us to stand and wait before continuing. Surrounded by about 10 16 year olds and their old mates shouting CCS and "what's it like to follow sh**e?" They then started on mercer. I've never seen so many people so gleeful about such a terrible performance and the death of someone. They just couldn't wait to dance like gay leprechauns and shout about mercer.

Classy stuff.

'what's it like to win the scottish cup?'

'you never won it either and you didnae win the league games and so we're easy the best team in edinburgh mixu's barmy army....etc'

The Gasman

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing ?

I stood with many others at the back of the main stand singing "Mercer must go !" and "He's just a fat tory barsteward !"

Later I realised just what great things he had done for what I thought was MY club. Then I happened to meet him through work, and realised the person I hated was not the real person.

You recon 80% of the hobbos slagged Mercer's death ? You may be right, what percentage of the Hearts support ( or that of other teams) sang about Eric Schadeler or Johnny Doyle ?

Sorry Acey, but you keep spouting off about subjects you know nothing about.

Did I Like what the hobbos sang ? No, absolutely not. If the boot was on the other foot .... ... I'm not sure ?

Get down off your high (rocking?) horse, and try to experience some of the real world (warts and all) rather than something you've read in a book.

Rant over !

PS: FTH !

Acey, you continually try to rewritht history, or run down folk who were following HMFC well before you were born. Deal with it, it is a different world.

bighusref

Any moral high ground we could have taken has been blocked by those dafties that ran on the pitch.

Bomber Harris' Best Mate

I stood with many others at the back of the main stand singing "Mercer must go !" and "He's just a fat tory barsteward !"

Later I realised just what great things he had done for what I thought was MY club. Then I happened to meet him through work, and realised the person I hated was not the real person.

You recon 80% of the hobbos slagged Mercer's death ? You may be right, what percentage of the Hearts support ( or that of other teams) sang about Eric Schadeler or Johnny Doyle ?

Did I Like what the hobbos sang ? No, absolutely not. If the boot was on the other foot .... ... I'm not sure ?

Get down off your high (rocking?) horse, and try to experience some of the real world (warts and all) rather than something you've read in a book.

Rant over !

Acey, you continually try to rewritht history, or run down folk who were following HMFC well before you were born. Deal with it, it is a different world.

Well done The Gasman, excellent response, only wish i had the brains to muster up that reply.

Captain Sensible... Happy Talk

"Tommy Tom Hart's Dead, Tom Hart's Dead"

Bomber Harris' Best Mate

Anyway wasn't His Majesty Wallace Mercer cremated, does that mean that he isn't "six feet under" unless his ashes are burried to that depth.

Apologies to His Majesty's family for speaking in this way.

Hans von Luck

:2guns::2guns:Schaedler,

Tommy Burns so does Doyle etc etc, Christ these songs have been for years.

I am not saying that its ok to sing them but some on here are trying to be the all high and mighty.

Wallace should have just closed them down and we would not be having this debate.

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
:2guns::2guns:Schaedler,

Tommy Burns so does Doyle etc etc, Christ these songs have been for years.

I am not saying that its ok to sing them but some on here are trying to be the all high and mighty.

Wallace should have just closed them down and we would not be having this debate.

:notworthy::notworthy:

Teuchterjambo

Rant over !

The voice of sanity and perspective - Well done that man !

Seymour M Hersh
Well done The Gasman, excellent response, only wish i had the brains to muster up that reply.

Captain Sensible... Happy Talk

"Tommy Tom Hart's Dead, Tom Hart's Dead"

He's not got any brains BHBM. They were pickled in cider years ago.:batman:

Rant over !

You obviously missed my post before the game saying that there's no point in either side trying to take any kind of moral high-ground as an entire support, so I'm afraid that your (absolutely correct) point is misdirected if it's at me.

On a personal level, I'm confident that I can take the moral high-ground, given that I have never sung any songs about various dead Hibs players/supporters. At the same time, I'd never dream of trying to claim that our support is significally more morally sound than theirs.

There wasnt enough of them to make out what they were singing most of the time. Sad little people that they are. Ah well I know where I would rather be. The dizzy heights of third rather than scraping for 6th.

ladyhearts
There wasnt enough of them to make out what they were singing most of the time. Sad little people that they are. Ah well I know where I would rather be. The dizzy heights of third rather than scraping for 6th.

Its all about winning not about who was or wasent there im afraid. Defeat leaves a sour taste so we blame people and make excuses. Its victory first for me everytime i dont care what people sing at games we all have arseholes as we know. They have strikers we dont end of.

Guest jambomickey
Its all about winning not about who was or wasent there im afraid. Defeat leaves a sour taste so we blame people and make excuses. Its victory first for me everytime i dont care what people sing at games we all have arseholes as we know. They have strikers we dont end of.

the bit i agree with you about is they have strikers and we don't.

tinydancer
the bit i agree with you about is they have strikers and we don't.

They have "strikers" that dive and score from the resultant penalty!

Is there a huge difference in the goals for column in the league between us?

FTH

They have "strikers" that dive and score from the resultant penalty!

Is there a huge difference in the goals for column in the league between us?

FTH

Keep deluding yourself.

Put any of of Hibs main strikers in the Hearts teams and they wouldn't be looking at 10 goals for this season; more like 20 goals.

davemclaren
Keep deluding yourself.

Put any of of Hibs main strikers in the Hearts teams and they wouldn't be looking at 10 goals for this season; more like 20 goals.

Fletcher and Riordan are certainly better than our front players imo. No idea about Nish.

tinydancer
Keep deluding yourself.

Aye whatever.

Deluding myself :err:

FTH

Dixie Chicken
Keep deluding yourself.

You're the one who is deluded.

We don't create chances for our strikers!!!!!!

Yet you reckon Riordan would net 20 in that team.

Would he balls.

You're the one who is deluded.

We don't create chances for our strikers!!!!!!

Yet you reckon Riordan would net 20 in that team.

Would he balls.

we do create chances but our so called strikers are never in the right positions, also 2 strikers working together make space and create chances for each other.

Rearend, Realfletch and/or Nish would have scored a barrel loads for us this season, we could have easily won the last derby at fester rd if they where in our team.

we do create chances but our so called strikers are never in the right positions, also 2 strikers working together make space and create chances for each other.

Rearend, Realfletch and/or Nish would have scored a barrel loads for us this season, we could have easily won the last derby at fester rd if they where in our team.

Rearend and Fletcher done **** all on Thursday apart from the penalty incident. They don`t work hard enough but all the wee immature Hobo fans worship them.

Rearend does have the ability to shoot well if you give him time but otherwise his general game isn`t all that. Fletcher is too busy trying World Cup flicks and thinks he`s a player. Decent enough for Hibs but not for me thanks, over a long period not just a game.

tinydancer
Rearend and Fletcher done **** all on Thursday apart from the penalty incident. They don`t work hard enough but all the wee immature Hobo fans worship them.

Rearend does have the ability to shoot well if you give him time but otherwise his general game isn`t all that. Fletcher is too busy trying World Cup flicks and thinks he`s a player. Decent enough for Hibs but not for me thanks, over a long period not just a game.

At last! Somebody who actually watches the game!

FTH

Archived