The Other Game Tonight

Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle

Hopefully Aberdeen can do us a huge favour tonight. Looking at the team news there seems to be every chance with United having a few injuries and the "Cod heads" welcoming back a few decent players.

3 poins for us and anything bar a united win and we should look good for 3rd.

"Dundee United's Warren Feeney has a groin injury and joins fellow forward Francisco Sandaza on the sidelines, while captain Lee Wilkie is suspended.

Injury has cut short James Wesolowski's loan spell, although left-back Paul Dixon is back after a ban.

Aberdeen's leading scorer Lee Miller returns from suspension and winger Jamie Smith is fit again.

Darren Mackie remains sidelined and Chris Maguire may continue up front after impressing against Celtic. "

H J Simpson

I was actually thinking a Utd win wouldn't be the worst thing (assuming Hearts win) as that would put us 9 points ahead of the Dons with 3 games to go, effectively rulling them out of catching us and guaranteeing us at worst 4th spot. We could then concentrate on securing 3rd place after that.

Optimus Prime

A draw here would be ideal. As long as we win it would put Aberdeen out the picture and all but secure Europa football next season. It would also make it very difficult for United to catch us for 3rd.

3. Hearts P35 Pts 57

4. Dundee U P35 Pts 53

5. Aberdeen P35 Pts 49

heartsfc_fan

So long as we do the business and United don't win tonight, I will be delighted...

...might even have a few bevvies after the game if thats the case ;):)

Uberjambo
I was actually thinking a Utd win wouldn't be the worst thing (assuming Hearts win) as that would put us 9 points ahead of the Dons with 3 games to go, effectively rulling them out of catching us and guaranteeing us at worst 4th spot. We could then concentrate on securing 3rd place after that.

Agree. Get the sheep out of the equation before we take on Dundee Utd.

we need to take care of the vermin 1st, then i'd settle for a draw or a Utd win.

if both Utd and ourselves win then we'll have qualified for europe, no way they'll win 3 games on the spin.

could be a cracking night :10600:

Jambof3tornado

A win for us 1st and foremost,followed by the sheepies winning too.

Is anyone else getting really excited about tonight???? I took the day off work to get to the game(finish shift at 9pm so couldnt go otherwise)and have spent the last hour on you tube listening/watching Hearts songs and vids. Hairs on the back of my neck are standing proud.

Get right into them Hearts from the 1st whistle to the last,take no prisoners!!!:gun_bandana:

I agree with HJ, a utd win as long as we win too would rule the sheep out of contention leaving us to beat utd a week on sat to secure 3rd, assuming we beat the sheep on wed, to cap a good season would be beating tic on last day and stopping them win title:-)

a win forus and a win for aberdeen would be a great night as we would be back to 5 points clear

Jambo, Goodbye

A draw or a sheep win for me, I don't want to be close to UTD points wise when they visit, I know what Hearts are like :50:

Chris Benoit
A draw or a sheep win for me, I don't want to be close to UTD points wise when they visit, I know what Hearts are like :50:

A win for us and Aberdeen is by far the best result, that way we're only looking for a win and a draw in our games against them even 2 draws would leave us at worst 3 points clear going into last game

spacerjoe
A win for us and Aberdeen is by far the best result, that way we're only looking for a win and a draw in our games against them even 2 draws would leave us at worst 3 points clear going into last game

A Utd win will virtually clinch Europe for us tonight.

3inaBednar

nonsense, if utd win sheep are out of it and we play them next so might get something. if sheep win and we draw or lose tonight they are back in the hunt and will make it v.difficult at pitawdry next week. sheep out of it then deal with utd at Tynie to secure 3rd.

berrathanhibs
nonsense, if utd win sheep are out of it and we play them next so might get something. if sheep win and we draw or lose tonight they are back in the hunt and will make it v.difficult at pitawdry next week. sheep out of it then deal with utd at Tynie to secure 3rd.

agreed with this statement

heartsfc_fan

My ideal night:

Hearts 1 - 0 Hibs

Utd 0 - 0 Aberdeen

spacerjoe

BINGO

I'd prefer a Draw at Tannadice so that they drop 4 points between them.

If we win United are left needing other results to go their way and being 9 points clear of Aberdeen isn't much better than being 8 points clear as they'd still need to win everything to make up the gap.

If we draw and they draw then we're 2 still clear, Aberdeen are left 6 points behind with 3 to play and Hibs are still officially out of Europe.

If it all goes wrong and we lose then a draw in the other game would see us still 1 clear of Dundee United with Home advantage against them in what would look to be the decider.

Having said that if United win to open up a 7 point lead on Aberdeen then Aberdeen's season is pretty much over and our trip to Pittodrie looks a good deal easier.

jambojim52

IF we win, then a Sheep win would mean we only need a point to secure third.

Chris Benoit

If you'd actually read my post you would have noticed it started

A win for us and Aberdeen is by far the best result

then i went on to explain that as long as we stay unbeaten against the 2 of them in the next 2 games we're all but guarenteed 3rd

vegas-voss

First and foremost I want us back in Europe so a Utd win for me.You never know what might happen in our game tonight it is a derby after all.An Aberdeen win tonight and if things go wrong for us could be disastrous and start to put real pressure on us even getting Europe at all.I want Aberdeen out of it leaving a straight shootout with Utd.

spacerjoe
IF we win, then a Sheep win would mean we only need a point to secure third.

Um... how?

Archived