Watching the Derby in Cardiff ...

adayinmay

adayinmay

Sorry for starting a thread of this nature ...

Does anyone have any suggestions where I can watch the Derby down here in Cardiff? None of the pubs I've contacted have Setanta or they are of a heavy Celtic FC persuasion.

Now I'm in the position of being unable to attend the match and being stranded far from Mecca I can now understand why these threads occurr.

Thanks in advance.

CF11JamTart

Does anyone have any suggestions where I can watch the Derby down here in Cardiff? None of the pubs I've contacted have Setanta or they are of a heavy Celtic FC persuasion.

Now I'm in the position of being unable to attend the match and being stranded far from Mecca I can now understand why these threads occurr.

Thanks in advance.

that will be about right. My suggestion would be Dempseys (across from the castle) - yeah... it is Celtic up the ying-yang, but it's Ok-ish. Fairly bampot-free. Just ignore all the framed shirts on the walls.

adayinmay
that will be about right. My suggestion would be Dempseys (across from the castle) - yeah... it is Celtic up the ying-yang, but it's Ok-ish. Fairly bampot-free. Just ignore all the framed shirts on the walls.

Thanks for that. I know the pub, watched Arsenal v Chelsea in there last week and it was full of the afore mentioned.

Guess that'll have to be it for me. Will be there, shouting for the Hearts.

Thanks again. I'll buy you a pint if you're in.

Glamorgan Jambo

The Old Arcade in Church St (just off St Mary St) has Satanic TV and also has the consolation of doing a decent pint of Skull Attack compared to some of the other options.

I'm sure a quiet word with the bar staff (if any of them understand English) will see the derby quickly overtake the UEFA cup quarter finals on at least one of the screens.

Thanks in advance.

this should do it:qqb010:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=49697

Archived