t.v problem

hibshater

hibshater

My television screen has decided it only like the colours red,blue and green and they are all waived over the screen i can see the picture but the colours make the picture unbearable.

i have googled what the problem could be, and it says something about a degauser(sp) has anybody ever used one of these before? it says something about being an electro magnet thingy. the wifes dad came down and used a small magnet that has so far helped move the distorted colours slightly but not fully. my mate is going to get a degauser from his work in the morning. does anybody know if this sounds like it will work?

hibshater

i turned the tele off last night and let it cool down overnight, and now that i have turned it on this morning it is worse than ever.:13: i am not convinced that this degauser thing is going to work as the magnets are now making no difference at all.:qqb010:

The Comedian

Putting a magnet on makes it worse i think. I remember putting a magnet on our tv when i was a bairn and it made all made colours on the screen, got a scud from the old man for that lol It went away eventually.

If the colours appear when you use sky then the scart cable is knacked. If it's the tv the play with buttons mate.

hibshater
Putting a magnet on makes it worse i think. I remember putting a magnet on our tv when i was a bairn and it made all made colours on the screen, got a scud from the old man for that lol It went away eventually.

If the colours appear when you use sky then the scart cable is knacked. If it's the tv the play with buttons mate.

it happened yesterday mate, turned it on i then heard a dwoing sort of noise then all i had was a blue,red and green cirular orb covering the whole screen. the magnets actually worked last night but since the tele has been off during the night it is worse now and the magnets are doing nothing. it doesnt look good but i will see what this degauser thing does when my turns up with it. i hope hurrys up as i am watching soccer am and everything is fecking green:50::13:.

Archived