*JKB Christmas Cracker 2018 is underway!* 12 days of prizes. Don't forget to renew your subs if you want to take part... PM admin if you need help. Read more... ×
Victorian

Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Samuel Camazzola
3 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

I was absolutely blessed with the weather. Loved every minute of it. 

I've just noticed the kittocks is £30 too. 

I have a Fairmont membership too and both courses are in great condition. 

You may get an even cheaper game on Tee Off Times or Itison if they are still doing voucher deal. 

Have you registered to become a Scottish Golf member? They have several deals including Crail IIRC. 

Dino Velvet
1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I have a Fairmont membership too and both courses are in great condition. 

You may get an even cheaper game on Tee Off Times or Itison if they are still doing voucher deal. 

Have you registered to become a Scottish Golf member? They have several deals including Crail IIRC. 

It was on the off times I noticed it. Scottish golf member? Is that the same as the Scottish golf union, of which I have a membership card? 

Samuel Camazzola
18 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

It was on the off times I noticed it. Scottish golf member? Is that the same as the Scottish golf union, of which I have a membership card? 

That's the one. Their webpage is not the best but several offers are on there. They had Muirfield, Castle Stuart and Turnberry recently. 

Armageddon

Probably my last handicap counter of the season, scratch 75 less 8, cut to 7.1 ... great way to finish the season!!

Already hungry for 2019 :)

hmfc_liam06
40 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Probably my last handicap counter of the season, scratch 75 less 8, cut to 7.1 ... great way to finish the season!!

Good going! I'm the exact same re 2019. That great end to the season I had just wants me to jump straight into it next year and get down further.

Irufushi
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Competitions in December! Keen! Well done 👍

spirt of 98
On 24/11/2018 at 00:24, RDSK said:

Mortonhall is great. A major course development project has hampered any hopes of good close season golf but should be in good condition next year.

£1000+ is steep for a second membership though 🤢

The £2,500 joining fee is also a bit steep.

I would join Mortonhall if the joining fee was less as it’s on my doorstep and much better than Swanston. 

Edited by spirt of 98

Tommy Brown

Don't laugh, guys

I fancied a rangefinder, but basically I am far too miserable to shell out the £250+ figures That you see for them.

On American Golf, they sell a Fazer one for £150. I mentioned this to our pro (who smiled) and said get a Nikon one for around £160.

After trawling the web (or is it trolling :smile:). I seen this Nexus one at £119.

https://uk.precisionprogolf.com/products/nexus-rangefinder?gclid=CjwKCAiAjNjgBRAgEiwAGLlf2uhM8jXk5f3UVEVZTZ5sjXtmt5CruFdzzdkR7pT5k4lx-_AB1TdfJBoCsbwQAvD_BwE

I finally decided to order it yesterday, but found a Ben Sayers one at £65

https://www.clarkesgolf.co.uk/ben-sayers-xf-laser-rangefinder.html

It will get trialed at Eyemouth on the 29th, my mate has an expensive one, we can compare :lol: