Sky HD TV Guide

dougal

I notice that some people down south have the new guide now. Does anyone north of the border have the new guide?? Or are they rolling it out down South first. Also does anyone have their new viewing card yet? I got mine a couple of weeks ago, but my parents on the east Coast haven't received their card yet.

Guest GhostHunter

Yes - last week.

It goes by model number of your Sky Box. last week was Thomson v 3006....next is 3007.

It's pish btw, I prefer the old one.

Yes - last week.

It goes by model number of your Sky Box. last week was Thomson v 3006....next is 3007.

Where can I find out the exact model number?? Also, watched the programme on anytime about the new guide. Thought it looked alright to be fair. I remember when they changed to the current guide and loads of folk weren't happy. Will just take time to readjust.

Yes - last week.

I heard it is quite buggy.I think it looks great on the guide god knows when i'll get mine as i aint even had the info pack through or the new card everyone is meant to get.Really wanted it before the Champs League final as ITV HD is meant to **** all over Sky Sports HD when they show football.

I heard it is quite buggy.I think it looks great on the guide god knows when i'll get mine as i aint even had the info pack through or the new card everyone is meant to get.Really wanted it before the Champs League final as ITV HD is meant to **** all over Sky Sports HD when they show football.

So we are finally getting ITV HD on Sky? Their current picture is as bad as Setanta.

slashishere

Mines was updated overnight, looks ok but no page down facility from what I can see, bit of a pain to scroll through all the pages, but sure i'll get used to it.

slashishere
http://www.bobkingsley.co.uk/blog/?p=1083

I think you can get it unofficially with the new download, according to the link above. It seems to work, however, haven't tried it myself so can't vouch for it etc.

That sounds similar to the Setanta fix you get if you get loads of picture problems, i'll give it a go tonight.

Had it for a few weeks now and quite like it although as with anything that changes it takes a little while getting used to.

special agent oso

I woke up this morning and it was there , to little to late as I get virgin installed tomorrow

Had it for a few weeks now and quite like it although as with anything that changes it takes a little while getting used to.

Had it for a wee while now. I love it. Anytime tv rools.

Guest GhostHunter

There is a Page up/down function...if you go down into the listings bit, and use the channel up and down button, it pages up or down respectively.

To add ITVHD, you need to manually add it in the Other Channels bit. Here are the settings..remember to SAVE the settings afterwards.

H

2/3

and channel 10510

And yes, it's pretty fecking good quality - Chelski's game was actually watchable !

I can't get it. Got a choice of 5 channels though. Brit Shorts. RADIO SHEPHERD. HINRG LOWNRG. WELL CLASS. GROOVE. These sound crap!

Carl Spackler
I can't get it. Got a choice of 5 channels though. Brit Shorts. RADIO SHEPHERD. HINRG LOWNRG. WELL CLASS. GROOVE. These sound crap!

Are you using a Sky HD box with the new EPG? That's what comes up with the HD box with the "old" EPG. You need the new one. I'm waiting on it too.

slashishere
There is a Page up/down function...if you go down into the listings bit, and use the channel up and down button, it pages up or down respectively.

To add ITVHD, you need to manually add it in the Other Channels bit. Here are the settings..remember to SAVE the settings afterwards.

H

2/3

and channel 10510

And yes, it's pretty fecking good quality - Chelski's game was actually watchable !

Cheers Dexter.

Are you using a Sky HD box with the new EPG? That's what comes up with the HD box with the "old" EPG. You need the new one. I'm waiting on it too.

I'm still on the old guide. My workmate's has changed. So I take it it's imminent?

Carl Spackler
I'm still on the old guide. My workmate's has changed. So I take it it's imminent?

I don't know. See Dexter's post about the rollout of it. They've been updating boxes since early March I think.

I don't know. See Dexter's post about the rollout of it. They've been updating boxes since early March I think.

I had to get a new box mid march because mine switched itself off once too much and remained off. They sent me a new box for ?15 after I said I was quitting. I wonder why they never just gave me an updated box then. Being awkward with me because I was awkward with them!

Guest GhostHunter

They're doing the Thomson boxes first as far as a I know, and by version. You can find your number by going to the menu where the Viewing Card number is..

4300E boxes were first, then 3011, 3006, 3007...

I know they plan on having all boxes done by end of Spring, but my reckoning is that you'll find them moving quickly now given the 3006 boxes were the largest batch of version numbers sent.

DON'T force an update if you haven't got it, as it can put you to the back of the queue..

FWIW - I find it really buggy and when I first got it, it was slower than hell...a hard reset sorted that though....

Does sky+HD make a difference in general viewing? I have normal sky+, and a lot of the channels, especially Setanta, are pish-poor quality. I've a 50" LG plasma, so the picture looks worse with the screen size.

Carl Spackler
Does sky+HD make a difference in general viewing? I have normal sky+, and a lot of the channels, especially Setanta, are pish-poor quality. I've a 50" LG plasma, so the picture looks worse with the screen size.

Not for non-HD stations. The HD stations are outstanding in comparison though.

I wish they'd hurry up with this update. I couldn't care less about the EPG I just want ITV HD before the Champions League next week. I have a Samsung box so based on Dexter's post I'm not confident.

slashishere
Not for non-HD stations. The HD stations are outstanding in comparison though.

I wish they'd hurry up with this update. I couldn't care less about the EPG I just want ITV HD before the Champions League next week. I have a Samsung box so based on Dexter's post I'm not confident.

Cant see why you wouldnt be able to add ITV HD as it stands, its the same process I used to add Setanta before the upgrade.

Guest GhostHunter
To receive the ITV HD channel through the SKY HD box it must be added as an Other Channel via the updated version of the Electronic Programme Guide (EPG), if it’s been automatically downloaded and installed by Sky on your HD box (being upgraded throughout March - May. Note: I’m told you cannot add ITV HD to the older version of the EPG. You must wait for the automatic upgrade.)

Seems only available on new guide.

brian1874
They're doing the Thomson boxes first as far as a I know, and by version. You can find your number by going to the menu where the Viewing Card number is..

4300E boxes were first, then 3011, 3006, 3007...

I know they plan on having all boxes done by end of Spring, but my reckoning is that you'll find them moving quickly now given the 3006 boxes were the largest batch of version numbers sent.

DON'T force an update if you haven't got it, as it can put you to the back of the queue..

FWIW - I find it really buggy and when I first got it, it was slower than hell...a hard reset sorted that though....

pash my box is 4E300E and i aint got it yet.my box is a reconditioned one tho as the samsung boxes were not up to the job

marshallschunkychicken

Can someone explain to me in laymans terms what this means? I got Sky+ HD for the first time about three weeks ago. Is something going to change that I need to know about?

Guest GhostHunter
pash my box is 4E300E and i aint got it yet.my box is a reconditioned one tho as the samsung boxes were not up to the job

300E were done on the 7th March, so I'm willing to bet you didn't have it at that point..

Phone Sky customer services and "complain" - they'll send the download to your box in the next lot.

Don't force an update in case the software is currently cached in your system awaiting the activation from Sky..

This is how Sky do it...they download the update to your box's cached memory, then activate it at a later date...system resets simply wipe the memory back to factory default settings, wiping also the newly updated guide if it's there.

Archived